No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is everyone? I had a migraine all weekend, but am feeling better.
    Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
      I'm tired and wondering what to cook for dinner.

Migraines suck! I hope it goes away soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        Sarai, what's not to like about Dave's hugs?
        Nothing apparently! I for one have no idea

Glad to hear you're feeling better Padme, so many woohoo seem to suffer from migraines

I'm watching the men's gymnastics, cheering on our boys who seem to be doing incredibly well, keeping eyes peeled for Josi (although from the pic she posted on Facebook it's clear she's right up in the heavens), and trying not to be too jealous that she's there!

Comment

Originally posted by tinnec View Post
          I'm tired and wondering what to cook for dinner.

Migraines suck! I hope it goes away soon!
          Originally posted by Sarai View Post

Glad to hear you're feeling better Padme, so many woohoo seem to suffer from migraines

I'm watching the men's gymnastics, cheering on our boys who seem to be doing incredibly well, keeping eyes peeled for Josi (although from the pic she posted on Facebook it's clear she's right up in the heavens), and trying not to be too jealous that she's there!
          Thanks.

I keep missing the gymnastics competition. It's always my favorite. I wanted to be Shannon Miller when I was little after seeing her at the Olympics in '92. I wanted to go see them in Atlanta since I'm not too far from there, but my dad wouldn't let me and my mom go.

sigpic

Comment

Less than a month till I see Mumford and Sons in concert! *happy dance*
            sigpic

Comment

Yeeeey for feeling better! I think we need a little Wooho pick-me-up good news

I was trying to find her too, lol, which was impossible of course...

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
              Less than a month till I see Mumford and Sons in concert! *happy dance*
              Wooooohooooooo!!!!
              I have no idea who Mumford and Sons are... *giggles* but still happy for you LJ!
              sigpic
              Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

*bounces in, high as a kite*

I've just had the most amazing, amazing day! I've wanted to go to the Olympic gymnastics since I was a child and it was just fabulous. And then for GB to get a medal was beyond my wildest expectations, just incredible! So, so proud of our boys! We were screaming ourselves silly at the end, especially when for that brief time we thought we'd even got the silver. Unbelievably wonderful

Yes. Right up in the heavens, the very last row but one, even. But actually the view was brilliant, we could see everything so clearly

Thanks.

I keep missing the gymnastics competition. It's always my favorite. I wanted to be Shannon Miller when I was little after seeing her at the Olympics in '92. I wanted to go see them in Atlanta since I'm not too far from there, but my dad wouldn't let me and my mom go.
                  Me too! It was the 92 Olympics that really kicked off my gymnastics obsession, and Shannon Miller was my favourite then too. I remember being so sad for her when she was just pipped for the gold in the all-around. She was such a beautiful gymnast to watch.

*hugs for the migraine* Poor you
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

DM! You don't know who Mumford and Sons is!? I first heard them when one of their songs (still my all-time fave) played on SGU. Check it out:

sigpic

Comment

So glad the Olympics lived up to your expectations Josi

But I think we were robbed

I'm off to a farm for the day with the kids - wellies and raincoats needed, but I'm sure they'll love it

Comment

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
                        DM! You don't know who Mumford and Sons is!? I first heard them when one of their songs (still my all-time fave) played on SGU. Check it out:

http://youtu.be/tlmeVfIc1q8
                        Ooooh! I like! Thanks! Didn't feel like googling last night Now I envy you, lol.

I'm off to a farm for the day with the kids - wellies and raincoats needed, but I'm sure they'll love it
                        Have great time Jumble!!!

Today is Ana's birthday (my niece) so I'll be doing that all day.
                        sigpic
                        Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                          *bounces in, high as a kite*

I've just had the most amazing, amazing day! I've wanted to go to the Olympic gymnastics since I was a child and it was just fabulous. And then for GB to get a medal was beyond my wildest expectations, just incredible! So, so proud of our boys! We were screaming ourselves silly at the end, especially when for that brief time we thought we'd even got the silver. Unbelievably wonderful

Yes. Right up in the heavens, the very last row but one, even. But actually the view was brilliant, we could see everything so clearly

Me too! It was the 92 Olympics that really kicked off my gymnastics obsession, and Shannon Miller was my favourite then too. I remember being so sad for her when she was just pipped for the gold in the all-around. She was such a beautiful gymnast to watch.

*hugs for the migraine* Poor you
                          I think that's what did it for me too. I had a poster of her on the balance beam on my wall. I even took gymnastics for a year from '93-'94. But with my medical problems and a move, I really couldn't continue. I wanted to go see her and the rest of the team in '96, but my dad wasn't up for driving to Atlanta. My mom and I really wanted to go. He was afraid something would happen to us. Of course, that was the year of the bombing in the Olympic village. I tried to tune in last night, since NBC said it would be airing at 8, but all I saw was the mens synchronized diving (I was routing for GB and the USA, that was some impressive displays of athleticism, not to mention muscles ) and then women's volleyball and I didn't know how long I'd have to wait for them to air it. I hate that they are tape delaying stuff this year.

*hugs back* Thanks, good think I picked a nice and quiet career

sigpic

Comment

Above and beyond them!

Such a shame about the appeal and the changing of results at the end, meant that we ended up a bit disappointed with a bronze when before we'd thought we'd got the silver we'd been utterly delighted with it. Can't take away from the amazing achievement of our men though - we've never even qualified for the men's team final before (well, not for about a hundred years), so to match and even better some of the major gymnastics nations in the world and win a medal was just incredible.

I'm sure they will! Hope you've all had fun

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                            Ooooh! I like! Thanks! Didn't feel like googling last night Now I envy you, lol.

Have great time Jumble!!!

Today is Ana's birthday (my niece) so I'll be doing that all day.
                            My goodness, is she a year old already?! Wow how time flies! Happy birthday to Ana!
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                              Above and beyond them!

Such a shame about the appeal and the changing of results at the end, meant that we ended up a bit disappointed with a bronze when before we'd thought we'd got the silver we'd been utterly delighted with it. Can't take away from the amazing achievement of our men though - we've never even qualified for the men's team final before (well, not for about a hundred years), so to match and even better some of the major gymnastics nations in the world and win a medal was just incredible.
                              The thing is, everyone wood have been delighted that they'd got the bronze if they hadn't already been told they had the silver - way to put a downer on it But yes, after 100 years winning was awesome for them

I'm sure they will! Hope you've all had fun
                              We did I'm about to put all the pics and vids I took into a montage set to a rock version of Old MacDonald

My goodness, is she a year old already?! Wow how time flies! Happy birthday to Ana!
                              I know Time does fly when you're not waiting for something specific, but oh how it drags when you are

Comment

Dear Joe:
                                Thanks for the pics!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X