The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by llp View Post
    Just wanted to let you know I probably won't be around for awhile. I may be by to read but won't be participating. Hope everyone who isn't feeling well gets better soon. And Jumble, chicken soup was my comfort food when I was young - I wasn't trying to force it on you - it's just about the only thing I really like anymore.
    Hope you are feeling more social soon, Laurie. *hugs*

Had bunches of babies last night. Rather sleepy!
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      Thanks for all the hugs, cookies and broccoli soup - I'll pass on the chicken soup thanks. Yuk!

Nad, so pleased you got to meet your bro

I think he misunderstood you - all the pics are of Akemi
      I hate chicken soup myself, but it's supposed to be good for you when you're sick, I just never understood why. Ewe! The last time I had surgery, the minute I woke up my mom as shoving chicken broth in my face. *cringes* Well, it's better than beef broth, but still.

I hope you are feeling better today.
      Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

*drops by and leaves a bunch of fresh broccoli for WooHoos to smoke while enjoying their new Sanctuary dvds (or other fave show of their choice)*
        sigpic
        Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Ooohhhhhh! Broccoli!
          Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

It's something in the chicken noodle soup broth that makes you feel better. I didn't ever like it as a child, but now chicken noodle soup is about the only soup I like. And it really seems to work its way on a cold.

Comment

Laurie thinking of you - hope everything is ok and you can come back and post soon

So I finally succumbed and bought myself an iPad - after spending most woohoomeets coveting Josi's so this is my first GW post on the new toy!

Comment

Thanks for all the hugs, cookies and broccoli soup - I'll pass on the chicken soup thanks. Yuk!

Nad, so pleased you got to meet your bro

I think he misunderstood you - all the pics are of Akemi
                Yes, I noticed.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                  Popping in with huggles all around

my current favorite is tomato herb bisque...

hmmm, Akemi is cute, but Joe is cuter

we will miss your participation for a bit...hope it's not long!
                  A woman after my own heart!
                  sigpic

Comment

So what do we think? That Akemi is one of our Spencers, she saw Luvnjoe's request and then went and replaced all the Joepics on the blog with pics of herself?

I think I might have done the same in her shoes
                    DUDE! I hadn't thought of that!! *eyes Spencers*

Dear Joe:
                    I LOVE Akemi! She is so cute and funny and and sweet and...Japanese! Please post more pictures of her, as I would like to add them to my PB account!
                    Love,
                    Luvnjoe...'s girlfriend

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                      I hate chicken soup myself, but it's supposed to be good for you when you're sick, I just never understood why. Ewe! The last time I had surgery, the minute I woke up my mom as shoving chicken broth in my face. *cringes* Well, it's better than beef broth, but still.

I hope you are feeling better today.
                      Warm liquids make you feel better when you are sick, and help loosen up chest/throat/nose goop too. Real chicken soup with broth made from a carcas is an old home remedy that has actually been proven to really work in helping to shorten illness. They believe it is the immunological properties of the bone marrow that boost your own immune system to help you get better soon. Little factoid of the day.

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                      Laurie thinking of you - hope everything is ok and you can come back and post soon

So I finally succumbed and bought myself an iPad - after spending most woohoomeets coveting Josi's so this is my first GW post on the new toy!
                      Hooray for new toys! I'm browsing on my iPad as well!
                      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

I'm vaguely toying with the idea of a tablet - but one for drawing. I haven't started researching them yet, and don't know if I can justify the expense as I don't draw that much, but still...could be fun!
                        sigpic

Comment

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                            Hooray for new toys! I'm browsing on my iPad as well!
                            *fist bumps*

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            I'm vaguely toying with the idea of a tablet - but one for drawing. I haven't started researching them yet, and don't know if I can justify the expense as I don't draw that much, but still...could be fun!
                            Nola, we have one at work. I've never really gotten to grips with it, much prefer using the mouse for my design work but then most of my work is layout and vector illustration. The tablet is most useful for Photoshopping and from my limited experience the best thing about it is how detailed you can be with the stylus - you can really get into the minute details of an image and change each pixel to how you want it to be, if that makes sense

Comment

since I do pixel art, yes, that makes perfect sense!
                              sigpic

Comment

Evening all

*huggles for all, especially Laurie* We'll miss you, hope you won't be away long!

*ipad hi-five over here too*

So Amsterdam's gonna be a double-ipad-woohoomeet then?

Nola, we have one at work. I've never really gotten to grips with it, much prefer using the mouse for my design work but then most of my work is layout and vector illustration. The tablet is most useful for Photoshopping and from my limited experience the best thing about it is how detailed you can be with the stylus - you can really get into the minute details of an image and change each pixel to how you want it to be, if that makes sense
                                I got one a few months ago, mostly because I was getting pain in my right hand from spending so much time with the mouse or trackpad on photoshop and thought the stylus might be more comfortable. It is, and I have also found it helps with accuracy/detail as Sarai says I don't use it for drawing manually though, mostly because I'm rubbish at drawing with pen and paper so can't see me being any less rubbish on the computer
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X