No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really enjoy BBCA. That's where I get my Who fix. Among other things.

Today's Bits:

sigpic

Comment

*wanders through in search of woohoos*
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

This WooHoo is wading through the pile of paperwork that she's been ignoring for the last several months Just taking a coffee break before diving back in............

Comment

Paperwork is evil. You have my sympathies.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
            Paperwork is evil. You have my sympathies.
            Thanks I'm about halfway through now. Then I need to catch up on all the other stuff that I haven't been able to do because of my shoulder

Oh dear! It's raining. That puts paid to all the outside stuff that needs doing.......

Shame

Comment

*huggles Dee* Glad you had a great time

*cheers for PNW* I can't wait for that show!

Sanctuary DVD extras spoilers (Jumble, don't click! )
              Spoiler:
              I just saw the one entitled 'A Day in the Life of Amanda Tapping' that Sil reposted on her LJ. WOWZA. This woman is even more incredible than I thought.

Now off to make the most of my only day off which *is* actually a day off. Nothing to do, nothing planned. Just lazying at home. I haven't done that in so long! Two jobs are fun building up savings, but my social life and time to myself went down close to zero. Today I plan to read, enjoy the sun (if it decides to actually show itself), go for a walk and do everything I haven't been able to do for so long.
              Last edited by LadyGalaxyJ; 07 July 2012, 06:25 AM. Reason: I can't type.
              sigpic
              Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
              My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
              Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                That was my thinking - CGI is horridly expensive and time-consuming.
                How unfortunate. I can understand time-consuming, but why expensive? Unless it's to pay the salaries of all those people who do the CGI?

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                Syfy will pay what they think is a reasonable amount based on what they think they will get from the advertisers. They make their money from ads and since they are out to make money, they can't pay more for a show than what they can pull in via ads. I do not believe this money is given up front, which is why they need financial backers to make the show - i.e. people to invest. The money goes to the production company (i.e. financial backers) they also get money from DVD sales and any merchandise sales (which is why Sanctuary merch is hard to come by compared to other Syfy shows because it would have to be the Beedie Group that would produce it since they have the rights) and any 'international distribution' of the show. The EP's (i.e. M.A.D.) get a salary. I know that in the first season they waived their EP salary to get the show made (they just got paid as directors and actors). I am not sure about subsequent seasons. I do remember that when I was on the set for a visit during the filming of the season 2 opener, it was payday and so checks were being handed out and AT made a quip about actually getting paid that season

*additional disclaimer* Once again, not an expert.
                Thanks for explaining. Money stuff is not my strong point, so i appreciate someone trying to sort it out for me.

Originally posted by llp View Post
                NumberSix - Just heard that the Space Channel (Canada) and BBC America are partnering up - therefore according to Gillian (who is connected with the show) there is a good chance that PNW (Primevil New World) might start showing up on BBC America later this year or early next year. YEAH! If you have cable TV (which most Americans have some form of) you have a good chance of getting BBC America!
                I have Dish network, but to get BBC America we'd have to upgrade to the next "tier" and pay more money. Right now it's a struggle just to convince hubby to keep Dish at all, let alone upgrade.

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                *runs in with broccoli and hugs*
                *jumps on the couch*
                Fresh broccoli? Got any dip to go with it? Wait just a minute...
                *runs to frig and comes back with veggie dip*

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                Thanks I'm about halfway through now. Then I need to catch up on all the other stuff that I haven't been able to do because of my shoulder

Oh dear! It's raining. That puts paid to all the outside stuff that needs doing.......

Shame
                Oh! I wish we could have some of that rain. Its been so dry and hot here.
                sigpic
                Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                  How unfortunate. I can understand time-consuming, but why expensive? Unless it's to pay the salaries of all those people who do the CGI?
                  Time consuming = expensive As you say, you have to pay the people for the time they work on it if nothing else.

Oh! I wish we could have some of that rain. Its been so dry and hot here.
                  I've been thinking that seeing all the news reports with the flooding here and the heat wave over on your side of the pond. We could gladly take some of your excess degrees and send you some of our excess water
                  sigpic

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

NumberSix, you could just smoke the broccoli and skip the dip. It's very effective

I see Jumble's paperwork got the best of her

And as for those Sanctuary DVD extra's... (I mean, it's not like I get those DVD's anytime soon. )
                    Spoiler:
                    Ayee! *happy dances*

It did make me really miss the show.

*shimmies just because*
                    Last edited by DutchIndeed; 07 July 2012, 12:57 PM.
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I've been lazy today too. The hubster and I had our massages this morning, went to the grocery and pharmacy, and then out to lunch. I've been fighting with a computer program all afternoon.

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                        I've been thinking that seeing all the news reports with the flooding here and the heat wave over on your side of the pond. We could gladly take some of your excess degrees and send you some of our excess water
                        No, no! I love the heat. I want to keep it. You can have some on Monday when I go back to work.

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                        And as for those Sanctuary DVD extra's... (I mean, it's not like I get those DVD's anytime soon. )
                        Spoiler:
                        Ayee! *happy dances*

It did make me really miss the show.
                        Re-bolded: Me too.

*huggles all around*
                        sigpic
                        Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                        My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                        Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

*Whistles innocently*

sigpic

Comment

some screencaps from "A Day in the Life of Amanda Tapping" - all Martin...
                            Spoiler:
                            sigpic

Comment

and a few more...
                              Spoiler:
                              sigpic

Comment

Hoooooooooome! It's so weird to come home after a vacation... istn't it? Bit tired, had a rough trip but happy to be here!

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                                Why does this surprise you?

Glad you had a good time - looking forward to seeing pics of the tan
                                Because I'm nice! And not psychotic!

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                                *huggles Dee* Glad you had a great time

*cheers for PNW* I can't wait for that show!

Sanctuary DVD extras spoilers (Jumble, don't click! )
                                Spoiler:
                                I just saw the one entitled 'A Day in the Life of Amanda Tapping' that Sil reposted on her LJ. WOWZA. This woman is even more incredible than I thought.

Now off to make the most of my only day off which *is* actually a day off. Nothing to do, nothing planned. Just lazying at home. I haven't done that in so long! Two jobs are fun building up savings, but my social life and time to myself went down close to zero. Today I plan to read, enjoy the sun (if it decides to actually show itself), go for a walk and do everything I haven't been able to do for so long.
                                Thanks hon!

And all this talk about new Sanctuary BTS is making me go weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
                                *runs to find and watch*
                                sigpic
                                Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Working...
                                X