No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a deal, Nola - we'll send you some of our rain if you'll send us some of your spare degrees. We don't need hot, just a few of them to nudge the temperature up a little

The crazy thing is though that we're in drought restrictions too, despite the fact that it's been raining all month There were rivers bursting their banks down in the southwest today and yet still, officially, we're in drought!
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      It's a deal, Nola - we'll send you some of our rain if you'll send us some of your spare degrees. We don't need hot, just a few of them to nudge the temperature up a little
      Seconded. Nola, sending it your way!

The crazy thing is though that we're in drought restrictions too, despite the fact that it's been raining all month There were rivers bursting their banks down in the southwest today and yet still, officially, we're in drought!
      Yeah, it's crazy. I know it's got something to do with how it's worked out, I just think it's silly.
      sigpic
      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        It is But I couldn't see them stuck in a B&B (nearest one available is Slough, and Becky doesn't drive ), especially since tomorrow is Sophie's birthday.......... handy excuse for a party

Woohoos need an excuse for a party? Since when?

Hugs for those not sleeping (Wendy, Jumble and anyone else). As a serial insomniac I know it's not fun.
        I had heard of melatonin, as used for other reasons (regulating menstrual cycle) but it makes sense for sleep too. I have also heard of tryptophan, which is found in all protien rich foods (and where the cup of warm milk before bed helps you sleep theory comes from). Oddly enough, sleep isn't much of a problem for me right at the moment, possibly related to the new Wii VeryUnFit routine. My Wii Fit age started out at 50, dropped to 28 and then went back up to 54 again today. hey ho!

Wrong sort of rain, apparently. Yes, I kid you not. Well something to do with the fact that it's not soaking in but either running away or being evaporated away. Although my allotment is benefiting at the moment so I can't complain much.... except every day when the heavens open twice a day around 8.30ish and 3pmish... oh look, school run time. Then, I bloody well do complain!

Sorry I haven't been around much. Life is just, well especially busy right now. The short version involves a poorly mother (in hospital but coming home soon I hope), a best friend whose left her husband and sleeping on my futon, a gay wedding to plan, a job to find and an allotment to...well... when the rain stops, plant with some growy goodness. Oh and Ancestry.co.uk... flipping free trial period. Maybe I really am William Penn's long lost ancestor after all.

*huggles woohoos everywhere*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
          *huggles*

That's so interesting, I had no idea it worked like that.
          Isn't it? Maybe part of my problem is that I took down the blackout curtains in order to let more light in to help with the winter S.A.D. I've ordered some melatonin - can't hurt can it?

I love these.
          Thanks

Here's another one......

It's good that they have you though. I hope you have a good weekend.
          I'm sure we will, thanks

Probably because most of the rain disappears down all the broken and leaking pipes

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          Woohoos need an excuse for a party? Since when?
          No, but it's nice to have one

Hugs for those not sleeping (Wendy, Jumble and anyone else). As a serial insomniac I know it's not fun.
          I had heard of melatonin, as used for other reasons (regulating menstrual cycle) but it makes sense for sleep too. I have also heard of tryptophan, which is found in all protien rich foods (and where the cup of warm milk before bed helps you sleep theory comes from). Oddly enough, sleep isn't much of a problem for me right at the moment, possibly related to the new Wii VeryUnFit routine. My Wii Fit age started out at 50, dropped to 28 and then went back up to 54 again today. hey ho!
          My Wii Fit age is 43 - I'm scared to use it again in case I end up back in my teens

Wrong sort of rain, apparently. Yes, I kid you not. Well something to do with the fact that it's not soaking in but either running away or being evaporated away. Although my allotment is benefiting at the moment so I can't complain much.... except every day when the heavens open twice a day around 8.30ish and 3pmish... oh look, school run time. Then, I bloody well do complain!
          Oh yeah, it hits the school run regular as clockwork

Sorry I haven't been around much. Life is just, well especially busy right now. The short version involves a poorly mother (in hospital but coming home soon I hope), a best friend whose left her husband and sleeping on my futon, a gay wedding to plan, a job to find and an allotment to...well... when the rain stops, plant with some growy goodness. Oh and Ancestry.co.uk... flipping free trial period. Maybe I really am William Penn's long lost ancestor after all.

*huggles woohoos everywhere*
          You're his ancestor? No wonder the Wii Fit is having trouble finding your age

Hope your mum is home soon

And did you see my last email?

Comment

my first ancestor to immigrate on my mother's side came from York - perhaps we're related. Can you trace it back to 1640?
            sigpic

Comment

So many things happening all at one time mostly not good!

F/B - word floating around there - Sanctuary has been officially cancelled. Has anyone heard anything about this disgusting thought!

Now for my hand....didn't hurt it but didn't improve very much since last week...my fault! They gave me a contraption to help exercise it more. Real big pain! But I will do it.

And while at therapy, an elderly woman lost her balance and fell against me and I fell on my knee. Big ouch! Now I have a bruised right knee and a bad right hand...do you see a theme going on here!

And to make matters worse, my hairdresser was sick and I went to get my hair cut and she had gone home! Trying again tomorrow .....

That is if I can get out of bed. My karma is in the trash today. Can't take anything else right now. Feeling bad, body hurts, nothing going right - a bad trifecta plus 1 if ever I heard of one! Going to go bury myself under my covers and hide!
              sigpic

Comment

after a few days like that, staying in bed sounds like a great plan!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                  after a few days like that, staying in bed sounds like a great plan!
                  No kidding! Only thing is I'm going to try again for a haircut tomorrow! Hopefully this time someone will call me if she isn't there! They didn't bother today!

Worse thing is my knee. It isn't really swollen but it hurts. I'm suppose to drive up to Vancouver on Monday and stay 1 1/2 days then drive Claire down here. This is going to be a hard mini vacation!
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm really lucky with hairdressers - she has a shop out of her house next door! It's so convenient that it's scary. And she's very reasonably priced too besides doing a terrific job.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                      I'm really lucky with hairdressers - she has a shop out of her house next door! It's so convenient that it's scary. And she's very reasonably priced too besides doing a terrific job.
                      Unfortunately, you don't live close enough to me to take advantage!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                        So many things happening all at one time mostly not good!

F/B - word floating around there - Sanctuary has been officially cancelled. Has anyone heard anything about this disgusting thought!
                        It's all still rumour and speculation, take no notice until we get an official announcement.

Now for my hand....didn't hurt it but didn't improve very much since last week...my fault! They gave me a contraption to help exercise it more. Real big pain! But I will do it.

And while at therapy, an elderly woman lost her balance and fell against me and I fell on my knee. Big ouch! Now I have a bruised right knee and a bad right hand...do you see a theme going on here!

And to make matters worse, my hairdresser was sick and I went to get my hair cut and she had gone home! Trying again tomorrow .....

That is if I can get out of bed. My karma is in the trash today. Can't take anything else right now. Feeling bad, body hurts, nothing going right - a bad trifecta plus 1 if ever I heard of one! Going to go bury myself under my covers and hide!
                        *huggles and sends pain-reducing vibes*

Comment

It's all still rumour and speculation, take no notice until we get an official announcement.

*huggles and sends pain-reducing vibes*
                          Glad to hear that! I will take some hope in that - however, I would rather have pain-reducing meds!
                          sigpic

Comment

Jumble sweet of you to offer them into your house! It's insane that it isn't better arranged! How can they do that so easily? Unfair!

*huggles Laurie for all her ouchies*

*huggles Cags for everything going on in her life*

And for those who want rain...there is enough of it here in the Netherlands...you can have it for free! I've seen enough rain lately!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                              Jumble sweet of you to offer them into your house! It's insane that it isn't better arranged! How can they do that so easily? Unfair!
                              Oh yes, red tape and bureaucracy at it's worst She's allowed to move her furniture in today, she's just not allowed to live there until they get that piece of paper

And it's still raining, so that'll be fun Apparently we had the equivalent of two months' rain yesterday
                              Last edited by Jumble; 25 April 2012, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Oh yes, red tape and bureaucracy at it's worst She's allowed to move her furniture in today, she's just not allowed to live there until they get that piece of paper
                                That's just so messed up and unfair! Luckily you are there for them!

And it's still raining, so that'll be fun Apparently we had the equivalent of two months' rain yesterday
                                Oh boy! So far it's still dry in here...but we've had enough rain lately...now I want sun and warmth! I'm still wearing my wintercoat!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X