*waves*
    Things change
    sigpic
    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post

Things change
      One can only hope

Coincidence is a funny thing........ when I sent my Tosh back last time the reference number they gave me had 'MW' in it, which of course made me smile. This time the number has 'MWVS' in it, which of course stands for Martin Wood - Very Special' And I've just had an email from a Polish lady seeking childcare for her son....... whose name is Kush!

Coincidence is a funny thing......

Comment

Evening all.

Huge congrats Wendy!! There must be something in the water !

Comment

Evening all

Was Jumble trying to protest her innocence yesterday? Yeah... we all believe you...

I don't like that first one - by that criteria I'm old I think Google was born the year I left school.
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
            Evening all.

Huge congrats Wendy!! There must be something in the water !
            Better not drink it then

Originally posted by josiane View Post
            Evening all

Was Jumble trying to protest her innocence yesterday? Yeah... we all believe you...
            Good, I'm glad to hear it

I don't like that first one - by that criteria I'm old I think Google was born the year I left school.
            Yeah........ I learned to type on a manual typewriter Personal computers hadn't even been invented

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              One can only hope

Coincidence is a funny thing........ when I sent my Tosh back last time the reference number they gave me had 'MW' in it, which of course made me smile. This time the number has 'MWVS' in it, which of course stands for Martin Wood - Very Special' And I've just had an email from a Polish lady seeking childcare for her son....... whose name is Kush!

No! it's... It's... faith.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
              It makes me ...not that old.
              Though I am from an era in which it was still perfectly normal to hand in hand written essays and projects with pictures you copied from a book and glued on the paper.
              And I had no mobile phone.
              And we had discmans in class.
              *blinks*
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Haha! That's sorta awesome!

*looks down*
                *waves to Dee, Nad, MoB and Wendy*
                sigpic
                Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                  No! it's... It's... faith.
                  Which is better than thinking it's weird

It makes me ...not that old.
                  Though I am from an era in which it was still perfectly normal to hand in hand written essays and projects with pictures you copied from a book and glued on the paper.
                  And I had no mobile phone.
                  And we had discmans in class.
                  *blinks*
                  What? You mean you remember, and have actually used, pen and paper?? I didn't realise you were that old!

What's a discman?

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                  It is

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post

*looks down*
                    *waves to Dee, Nad, MoB and Wendy*
                    *waves*

Which is better than thinking it's weird
                    I think we've all passed weird a long time ago...

What? You mean you remember, and have actually used, pen and paper?? I didn't realise you were that old!

Yeah. I'm *that* old.
                    ...I still use pen and paper a lot. I'm old and melancholic.

What's a discman?

It is
                    We used it to play something called a Compact Disc.
                    It followed the cassette player. Which I also had when I was younger.
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

*waves*

I think we've all passed weird a long time ago...
                      I guess that's true........ but where exactly does one go after 'weird'?

Yeah. I'm *that* old.
                      ...I still use pen and paper a lot. I'm old and melancholic.
                      Melancholic? Or nostalgic?

We used it to play something called a Compact Disc.
                      It followed the cassette player. Which I also had when I was younger.
                      Ohhhhh! *headdesk* I had one of those, but I thought it was called a CD player

Gah! Did I ever tell you just how much I hate this laptop? Well I do Keyboard is waaaaay too small, causing constant typos - makes me very cross

Comment

I guess that's true........ but where exactly does one go after 'weird'?

Melancholic? Or nostalgic?
                        WooHoodStock.

And nostalgic.

Ohhhhh! *headdesk* I had one of those, but I thought it was called a CD player

Gah! Did I ever tell you just how much I hate this laptop? Well I do Keyboard is waaaaay too small, causing constant typos - makes me very cross
                        The discman was the portable version, so technically... it was called a CD player
                        But since there was the walkman, discman just sounded cooler.

*blows raspberry to the laptop*

sigpic

Comment

WooHoodStock.

And nostalgic.

The discman was the portable version, so technically... it was called a CD player
                          Ah, I didn't go to a cool school

Actually........ I'd long left school before CDs were invented...... or the walkman for that matter We were posh if we had a record player

Tried that, didn't work

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                            Thank you everyone for your kind huggles. <33333

Not yet, no But it's still early days. I'm gonna see HR at the end of the week if I don't hear anything. I hope I do, even if it's a no, just so I can look here still and know where to go.

I also got my hospital appointment already. It's on the 11th April, so yay.

And, guys, I can finally tell you all I'm gonna be an auntie too. It was harder these last few days to not say anything because there's been so much baby news! But I promised my brother I wouldn't put it anywhere on the internet. At. All. And, well, I promised. But yes, gonna be an auntie. My SIL had her scan today so now we can tell people!

So I feel brighter today.
                            Yay for some good news. Congrats!

WooHoodStock.

And nostalgic.

I still have and use a walkman. Love the reaction I get at security at airports. The security people are often young and have no clue what it is or how to open it.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Ah, I didn't go to a cool school

Actually........ I'd long left school before CDs were invented...... or the walkman for that matter We were posh if we had a record player

Tried that, didn't work
                              Ah yes. Back in the day when the only instrument you had to carry music while travelling was something called ''voice''...

And just blow harder!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                                Yay for some good news. Congrats!

I still have and use a walkman. Love the reaction I get at security at airports. The security people are often young and have no clue what it is or how to open it.

I can imagine.

I do love the walkman and cassette player. It takes me back to when you had to listen to the radio and time exactly when you had to push the record button which always had a lag, so you'd end up with a song without the first three seconds and the voice of the disk jockey trailing behind.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X