Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*does the lawnmower*

Yes. I am that uncool.
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

It's like I knew you were dancing, because I just thought, hmm, gonna check and see what the WooHoos are up to! Yay, dancing!

sigpic
      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

I realized what was missing....without Jumble we have no Martin pictures! So:

Now that's a little better!
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the Spam, Laurie!

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post

It's like I knew you were dancing, because I just thought, hmm, gonna check and see what the WooHoos are up to! Yay, dancing!

The good kind of WooHoodar
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Ohhhh, pretty Martin pictures!

Yeahh, my WooHoodar is rockin'!
            sigpic
            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Definitely better with a small Martinspam!

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
              LGJ It's great that you're finally getting some rest! There's nothing better after working 10 days straight. Though, what usually happens to me after 2 days of rest, I want to work again!! So boring without a job
              Yeah, I'm starting to feel like that too. I have no motivation to do any work right now because school is sort of hold here (more on that in a moment). It's better when I have a lot of things to do - I'm tired, I don't stop, but I'm on a roll and things are getting done.

Now, small rant on what is happening in Quebec atm, on which I have no control, and I'm more than frustrated to have to follow a decision I do not agree with. Spoilered just because I don't want to force your hand - read only if you want.
              Spoiler:
              Students in Quebec are on strike at the moment to protest against the increase of tuition fees. Each Cegep/University/Department/whatever (depends how your school and student association works) votes to join or not the movement. The first vote in my school was two weeks ago and the pro-strike won. There was another vote yesterday that would determined if we would remain on strike, and for how long, and that turned out to be : Yes, we'll stay on strike, either until the government moves (and that's not likely) or until April 4th - when we will have another assembly to decide what to do.

So, unless somethings change, I'm not going back to school for a while. This completely changes my summer plans (because most likely they will extend the semester) and I do not like this. FSDALKJASL. I'm also afraid of school getting in the way on my dance shows. It's already hard to organize my schedule. It's harder now that I don't know what's happening with my semester.

But there's nothing I can do. I voted. The majority overruled what I wanted. End of story.

/rant

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              For all you dancers - shimmying and boogying...Martin's playing DJ
              http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5.../Martin_DJ.gif
              *dances and shimmies and twirls and does a little tap routine*

What?

sigpic
              Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
              My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
              Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

and Martin directs
                sigpic

Comment

For all you dancers - shimmying and boogying...Martin's playing DJ
                  http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5.../Martin_DJ.gif
                  Oh, Nola these are awesome!!!

Originally posted by llp View Post
                  I realized what was missing....without Jumble we have no Martin pictures! So:

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/a...Martin29-2.jpg
                  http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/a...d/Martin45.jpg

Now that's a little better!
                  I was thinking this morning how I miss Martin pics! But didn't have the strength to go to PB So thanks! *hugs*
                  He's really a gorgeous man.
                  *drools a little*

Ohhhh, pretty Martin pictures!

Yeahh, my WooHoodar is rockin'!
                  That's timing!!!

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                  Definitely better with a small Martinspam!

Yeah, I'm starting to feel like that too. I have no motivation to do any work right now because school is sort of hold here (more on that in a moment). It's better when I have a lot of things to do - I'm tired, I don't stop, but I'm on a roll and things are getting done.

Now, small rant on what is happening in Quebec atm, on which I have no control, and I'm more than frustrated to have to follow a decision I do not agree with. Spoilered just because I don't want to force your hand - read only if you want.
                  Spoiler:
                  Students in Quebec are on strike at the moment to protest against the increase of tuition fees. Each Cegep/University/Department/whatever (depends how your school and student association works) votes to join or not the movement. The first vote in my school was two weeks ago and the pro-strike won. There was another vote yesterday that would determined if we would remain on strike, and for how long, and that turned out to be : Yes, we'll stay on strike, either until the government moves (and that's not likely) or until April 4th - when we will have another assembly to decide what to do.

So, unless somethings change, I'm not going back to school for a while. This completely changes my summer plans (because most likely they will extend the semester) and I do not like this. FSDALKJASL. I'm also afraid of school getting in the way on my dance shows. It's already hard to organize my schedule. It's harder now that I don't know what's happening with my semester.

But there's nothing I can do. I voted. The majority overruled what I wanted. End of story.

/rant

*dances and shimmies and twirls and does a little tap routine*

What?

Oy. That sounds like a lot of trouble for you. *fingers crossed it resolves quickly*
                  *and hugs*
                  sigpic
                  Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Dee - It's a lot of trouble for everyone really. Students, teachers, even the government. I'm not taking sides (both have pros and cons and I'm not even sure where I stand), but this seems to only create problems no one needs. *sighs*
                    sigpic
                    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Dee - It's a lot of trouble for everyone really. Students, teachers, even the government. I'm not taking sides (both have pros and cons and I'm not even sure where I stand), but this seems to only create problems no one needs. *sighs*
                      I went to a University that also had a strike....some classes were held (not many), others went off campus to churches, synanogues, etc. and many were just cancelled. A lot of students didn't graduate on time because of this. I was lucky. Two of my classes were held off campus (total of 8 units) and another one the professor had us turn in a paper just before the strike. We were allowed to accept the grade on that paper as the grade for the class or you could have an incomplete. I took the grade so I was credited with 12 units. There was a 3 unit class that I didn't get credit for. Was able to take 16 units the next semester so I could graduate on time. A lot of the people weren't as lucky and they had to go an extra semester. Had one of the smaller graduating classes that spring!
                      Last edited by llp; 15 March 2012, 08:18 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I don't know what to tell you, except I'm sure no one really wants to go to strike and that it's a last resort to a very frustrating situation. *huggles*
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't know what to tell you, except I'm sure no one really wants to go to strike and that it's a last resort to a very frustrating situation. *huggles*
                          And what the students are going to find out is that whatever the solution...it probably won't be worth it!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                            And what the students are going to find out is that whatever the solution...it probably won't be worth it!
                            I know of a situation where it was worth it. But that was unique, and the only time a student strike really worked. But generally speaking... not so much.

I just remembered learning about a situation from the 70ies or 60ies, I'm not sure, in Serbia. The students went on strike saying they wanted better conditions, lower tutitions etc. And they were really persistent, I think they were on strike for at least 2 months, when the president said that of course the students are right! They will get everything they wanted, because they're the future of our country and it's important that they be happy etc. I remember thinking, wow, such a wonderful speech. The rest is of the story is, the students got what they asked for, but the entire Professor's Collective of Belgrade University got fired because the president thought that no way the students would be so organized or knew what to ask for certain conditions they weren't thought about the revolutionary ideas and what not. Seriously crazy.
                            sigpic

Comment

Did I kill the thread?

I solemnly swear I will NEVER ever talk about history EVER again!
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm growing a trifle concerned. Maybe she flew off to Canada to be with a certain director?
                                I wish I'd rather have been anywhere else but here this last couple of weeks

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

I've seen her lurking... maybe she's just not in the mood for posting?

I've seen her lurking today, but then as Nad said, maybe GW thinks she was lurking.
                                This thread is my homepage and I never log out, so whenever I open my browser my name will be down there with the Spencers

I was thinking this morning how I miss Martin pics! But didn't have the strength to go to PB So thanks! *hugs*
                                He's really a gorgeous man.
                                *drools a little*
                                *sigh* I turn my back for a few days..........

Thanks for the hugs and the concern - next time the sky falls in on me I'll be sure to let you know!

I do bring good news.........

From here:

UKTV’s Watch has picked up the UK rights to Primeval: New World, the Canadian spin-off of Primeval, it has been announced. Watch is expected to begin airing the series later this year.

Primeval: New World stars Niall Matter (Eureka), Sara Canning (The Vampire Diaries), Miranda Frigon (Heartland), Geoff Gustafson (Hot Tub Time Machine) and Danny Rahim (Eastenders) and follows a specialized team of animal experts and scientists that investigates the appearance of temporal anomalies and battles both prehistoric and futuristic creatures. The series is being produced by Omni Films and Impossible Pictures, who produced the original Primeval series.

The series, based on the UK original, was created by Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens and will be written by Gillian Horvath, Peter Hume, Jon Cooksey, Sarah Dodd, Katherine Collins and Judith and Garfield Reeve-Stevens.

Stargate alums Amanda Tapping, Martin Wood and Andy Mikita are set to direct. Primeval: New World was picked up to series by Canadian broadcaster Space last year with a 13 episode order. Production began on the series on March 7th in Vancouver, Canada.
                                And...........

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                                I came across a press release the other day that said that eOne (Sanctuary's international DVD distributor) had partnered up with Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment and selected titles will transition to Fox beginning April 1. Included in the titles is Sanctuary, so maybe they will benefit from the larger distribution name and network.

Comment

Working...
                                X