No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, there's the facebook group and a board that they've set up for volunteers and talking to people before you actually go so I can look into that for next year too. And I can do in country volunteering until then to get experience/things relating to my degree (and this won't break it up either which helps if I want to do it longer term).

Roll on new summer plans

Comment

Originally posted by boxeddreams View Post
      Yeah, there's the facebook group and a board that they've set up for volunteers and talking to people before you actually go so I can look into that for next year too. And I can do in country volunteering until then to get experience/things relating to my degree (and this won't break it up either which helps if I want to do it longer term). Roll on new summer plans
      Sounds to me that you have already thought it out and you're doing what is the best thing for you to do. As much as I think volunteering is a noble and kind deed, your education is extremely important as well. If by going now you might not get that higher degree, that could possibly be a disappointment you would have to endure for the rest of your life. Doing volunteering locally is also very noble, gives you an idea of what you might have to face in another country, allows you to do good deeds (always a good idea) for people who need it and prepares yourself if you choose to go to Costa Rica in two years. And trust me, Costa Rica would be just as happy to welcome you there in two years after you get your degree. Sounds to me like your maturity is showing!
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks Laurie Now that I've had time to sit on it and think more I feel happier with the decision of not going than I did before and I have to admit I was feeling a bit of a pressure/rush with how quickly it was creeping up on me. Definitely better to let things calm a little first.

Comment

*crawls in tiredly*
          Seriously snowed under at work at the moment and it's making me stressed and tired I need woohoo hugs.
          *holds out arms expectantly*

+1, I agree with everyone else, sounds like you're approaching this very sensibly

Love the bits and the pretties
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
            *crawls in tiredly*
            Seriously snowed under at work at the moment and it's making me stressed and tired I need woohoo hugs.

+1, I agree with everyone else, sounds like you're approaching this very sensibly

Love the bits and the pretties
            Ah, always glad to oblige!

Why is it that your mouse always dies when you need to use it the most....
            Fortunately, I have a spare!
            sigpic

Comment

Ah, I was wondering where you'd got to Josi

*huggles carefully* Mind you don't smudge the new paintjob on my nails

Comment

*squishy huggles Josi*

Castle 24/3 followed by 1/4 on alibi right now...er, if it makes you feel better.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                  It's seeing everyone's different takes on the same tut that makes it so interesting - did you see Syfyfan's version? It's beautiful, and totally different from mine
                  Someone else was crazy enough to try? Cool!

Pm them to Josi after you've posted them on the AfA thread
                  But the challenge is to offer a tut as well as using one right?
                  I'm a bit out of the loop

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                  What it is - the double-standard is apparently "natural" and therefore "good" (for men anyway)
                  On that subject - saw this this morning on FB from Betty White
                  http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...BettyWhite.jpg
                  Love that!

Originally posted by boxeddreams View Post
                  Thanks Laurie Now that I've had time to sit on it and think more I feel happier with the decision of not going than I did before and I have to admit I was feeling a bit of a pressure/rush with how quickly it was creeping up on me. Definitely better to let things calm a little first.
                  You obviously need no more advise so I'll just send hugs!

*crawls in tiredly*
                  ((((Josi))))
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*squishy huggles everyone tightly*

Thanks Cags - telly on and set on Alibi for the next two hours
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                      *squishy huggles Josi*

Castle 24/3 followed by 1/4 on alibi right now...er, if it makes you feel better.
                      Oooh, thanks for reminding me - this is the one where Beckett

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                      Someone else was crazy enough to try? Cool!
                      And ladygris has used it to create another tut

But the challenge is to offer a tut as well as using one right?
                      I'm a bit out of the loop
                      Well you have - you just used your own to create something slightly different I'll make an executive decision - it counts

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                        Oooh, thanks for reminding me - this is the one where Beckett

No, it's the one where Castle .... la la la la la....

FWIW, alibi show it every Wednesday season 4 starting this week. Thansk Josi for being the one to fill me in on this. I like this series.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                          No, it's the one where Castle .... la la la la la....
                          Are you sure? The way I heard it, Beckett *******, and then in the season opener she ***** ***** and then Castle *** ***** ****

FWIW, alibi show it every Wednesday season 4 starting this week. Thansk Josi for being the one to fill me in on this. I like this series.
                          I know, got it on auto record

Comment

All I'll say is have the tissues at the ready for this one
                            sigpic

Comment

All I'll say is have the tissues at the ready for this one
                              Nah, I'm not into the characters enough to need tissues.... yet

Comment

*hugs for all, especially Josi* :c Hope work calms down a little!

And sob, this is why I miss having a tv. I need to catch up, guess I'll be doing that on Spring Break online. (I got my nana watching it from the beginning but I don't know if she liked it that much (she likes CSI & L&O) but we didn't get to see much)

Comment

Working...
                                X