The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxeddreams View Post
    I miss a few days and the place explodes, eep! *gives hugs for all the hugging and waves* I really do need a daily reminder to get on here...

Can I come asking for a wee bit of WooHoo-y advice?
    but of course! No guarantees it will be *good* advice of course but there's lots of folks to give some!
    sigpic

Comment

WooHoo advice is always good advice!

*hugs all around*
      Last edited by DutchIndeed; 06 March 2012, 11:54 PM. Reason: Can't spell in the morning.
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
        Yay for the bits!

That's the thing about tuts. They never work
        It's seeing everyone's different takes on the same tut that makes it so interesting - did you see Syfyfan's version? It's beautiful, and totally different from mine

I like the new one!

Funny how you artworked AT while I ran off with Martin to see if I could re-create my sig using a male model....

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u169/DutchIndeed/Sigs/Icons/martinicntt.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u.../mrtnsigtt.jpg
        Good thing somebody is keeping him warm - I seem to have lost my MartinArt inspiration atm

And they ^^ turned out awesome! Pm them to Josi after you've posted them on the AfA thread

I miss a few days and the place explodes, eep! *gives hugs for all the hugging and waves* I really do need a daily reminder to get on here...

*huggles +1* Ask away

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
        You MUST watch! 2 fantabulous seasons, with a third in the making.
        Not my kind of show I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
          http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Posters/yearsoftherapy.jpg

Aaah, welcome to my life.

I hope you had a fab 35th () anniversary Nola

Exploding Woohoos? Where? Quick! Someone clear up the mess!

Of course.

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
          You MUST watch! 2 fantabulous seasons, with a third in the making.
          Ah Downton. I missed most of the first season so came late to the Downton Appreciation Party but, yes, I do like it. It's a bit anachronistic at times but not so much that I can't enjoy the interplay. And I do love those costumes.
          sigpic

Comment

Subject of discussion on This Morning - monogamy amongst humans is unnatural and very bad for us........ based on the fact that most animals do not mate for life, therefore why should we? Hm. Apparently in France it is perfectly acceptable for a man to have a mistress as well as a wife, but I didn't hear mention of women having lovers as well as husbands being acceptable
            Last edited by Jumble; 07 March 2012, 02:22 AM.

Comment

What it is - the double-standard is apparently "natural" and therefore "good" (for men anyway)
              On that subject - saw this this morning on FB from Betty White
              sigpic

Comment

What it is - the double-standard is apparently "natural" and therefore "good" (for men anyway)
                I'm not sure I totally disagree with the concept, only that it should be an equal opportunities system

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...BettyWhite.jpg
                Bet that gets modded

Comment

What? a 90 something year old lady can't say something not using vulgar language or anything?
                  sigpic

Comment

What? a 90 something year old lady can't say something not using vulgar language or anything?
                    As far as I'm concerned she can say what she likes, I'm just not sure GW wood consider it PG

Comment

I ended up calling my dad (which I was going to do anyway) and asking my plurk friends but WooHoo opinions are still welcome too! (even though I'm decided but I like knowing what you guys think)

So as the ones of you that were at Chevron know I was planning on volunteering in Costa Rica this summer. I've signed up through a programme called International Student Volunteers and my friend signed up with me. I've been saving this year she hasn't so I'd sort of resigned myself to the fact that I'd be going without her. Yesterday she mentioned it and asked if it'd be better if we went next year instead (she's had boyfriend problems but she also hasn't saved at all). I said okay but I still wanted to go this year?

But after looking up pros and cons of waiting vs going (I had more pros for waiting) and discussing thoughts I figure that waiting would be better? But rather than going next summer (as next year I need to save for my masters which I want to do 2013/14) to do it instead after my masters? It gives me more time to save, prepare and I wouldn't have anything conflicting or fussing about. (And my dad mentioned that if I went this year (it was only half plausible) that I wouldn't have any money when I came back which is kind of stupid).

I typed it up here if you wanted to read that. But despite excitement (even though I'm feeling kind of disappointed now) I think I will delay it. Two years is better for lots of planning time, saving and getting my degree and postgrad out of the way. And it's something to look forward to after my postgrad.

and no, this doesn't mean I'm going to try and go to AT6 despite how tempting it is. Everything I've saved so far I'm going to keep in my savings

Comment

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...BettyWhite.jpg
                        That made me smile, I love everything you manage to find

Comment

+1 - I think if you're happy to wait and go later with money behind you, do that, but I wood also advise you not to expect your friend to go with you. Don't depend on her to save any more for next year than she has for this - IMO if she was serious about going she wood have made some effort to save By all means plan to go together, but be prepared to go alone

And don't put it off too many times, don't find yourself looking back at what you've missed when it's too late - voice of experience

Comment

Yeah, after this year I'm more weary on if she's actually going to do any better next time, and since I'm waiting two years who knows! At least since it's with a programme there are other people there (I think maybe 20 from around the world go to each destination?)

I have to admit that I am disappointed as I was so excited but in perspective of things having more time to prepare and save is definitely better than rushing and not having enough money.

Comment

G'Day all
                              http://images.wikia.com/stargate/ima...artin_wood.jpg
                              sigpic
                              Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Yeah, after this year I'm more weary on if she's actually going to do any better next time, and since I'm waiting two years who knows! At least since it's with a programme there are other people there (I think maybe 20 from around the world go to each destination?)

I have to admit that I am disappointed as I was so excited but in perspective of things having more time to prepare and save is definitely better than rushing and not having enough money.
                                FWIW, I think it's a very well thought out and sensible decision. I also think waiting will give you time to connect with other people on the same page (as I do think your friend sounds less into this than you) and maybe you can form a new network in that time of people who will be going too.

Nola love the pic. so true.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X