The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
    Oh, I love fresh beetroot, but I hate the jar stuff that's kept in vinegar. Yuck!
    Totally with you there! I can't stand vinegar, full stop!

I don't shop at Tesco unless I'm with my dad (he prefers it), and then we do for the simple fact it's easier just to pick up food whilst we're there. But since I work in a supermarket, I shop there for the convenience factor. And, I prefer their food, too, but that may be because I'm used to it! But I may get the chick peas from Asda since they sound cheap...

And yeah, Laurie, I'm off to get something to eat, too! Thankfully, just into the next room...
    I prefer Sainsbury's and do most of my shopping there, but the plain fact is that Tesco Express is less than five minutes away and is never busy - I can usually be there and back inside ten minutes if I just want a few bits

Comment

well I'm dressed now and off to get some breakfast....suppose I'll do my grocery shopping as well....but fooooood first! And what do I see an ad for just above this....Wake up to EGGS! See ya later!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        Totally with you there! I can't stand vinegar, full stop!

I prefer Sainsbury's and do most of my shopping there, but the plain fact is that Tesco Express is less than five minutes away and is never busy - I can usually be there and back inside ten minutes if I just want a few bits
        Hee. Convenience factor

Sainsbury's happens to be the closest to me. And if I were able to just jump into my car it would be a ten minute round trip for me, too. But even walking, it's only an hour, and the walk is good for you.

Originally posted by llp View Post
        well I'm dressed now and off to get some breakfast....suppose I'll do my grocery shopping as well....but fooooood first! And what do I see an ad for just above this....Wake up to EGGS! See ya later!
        Yum. Enjoy your breakfast
        sigpic
        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

So much food talk It's a good job I've eaten dinner already, otherwise I'd be the third strike

I think I just made that up
          Have to pick up on this - the actual word you were looking for is 'trepidation', but amusingly what you said is almost like you mixed it up with 'turpitude', which coincidentally is essentially a posh word for ickybah
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
            So much food talk It's a good job I've eaten dinner already, otherwise I'd be the third strike

Have to pick up on this - the actual word you were looking for is 'trepidation', but amusingly what you said is almost like you mixed it up with 'turpitude', which coincidentally is essentially a posh word for ickybah
            And you really think I didn't know that?

Comment

And you think I didn't know that?
              I'm sure you did

Ickybah sounds better, though
              sigpic

Comment

I'm sure you did

Ickybah sounds better, though

I disagree - trepitude has a much better ring to it

Comment

Food and ickybah? What kind of combination is that?

*blinks*
                  Never mind. I'm sure I don't want to hear the answer.
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Just want to clarify something with regard to the fundraising plan discussed in the Gabit thread. First, I woodn't say me wearing stripper shoes with a coin slot in them is an "official" fundraiser. I wood say that Gabit is aware of it and hasn't said don't do it. Second, I hope that people know that I am not doing it to be the centre of attention. Not my intention at all. Wasn't my idea to begin with but I thought it wood be a bit of a lark, a way to have some fun with the people I know at the con with the added bonus of perhaps making a bit of money for S4K and Hearing Dogs (one shoe for each ). In fact, my inital reaction to llp posting about it on this thread was don't tell others! Then I realized, of course, that it is fine to mention it here as many woohoos will be going, not all wood follow the Gabit thread and some may want to participate. Rest assured that beyond wearing the shoes from time to time, I will not be actively soliciting donations. My view is that if people don't contribute to our little scheme then they will have already contributed what they can by some other means (raffle, auction, bucket run). I shall not be putting my feet in anyone's face!

BTW, I don't think anyone here meant me in their discussions of the fundraising but I just wanted to clarify for any visitors to the thread.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

*blinks*
                      It's OK. We're not answering very loudly.

sigpic

Comment

*pokes in*

*huggles Woohoos*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

*blinks*
                          An awesome one, depending on the foods being used

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          Just want to clarify something with regard to the fundraising plan discussed in the Gabit thread. First, I woodn't say me wearing stripper shoes with a coin slot in them is an "official" fundraiser. I wood say that Gabit is aware of it and hasn't said don't do it. Second, I hope that people know that I am not doing it to be the centre of attention. Not my intention at all. Wasn't my idea to begin with but I thought it wood be a bit of a lark, a way to have some fun with the people I know at the con with the added bonus of perhaps making a bit of money for S4K and Hearing Dogs (one shoe for each ). In fact, my inital reaction to llp posting about it on this thread was don't tell others! Then I realized, of course, that it is fine to mention it here as many woohoos will be going, not all wood follow the Gabit thread and some may want to participate. Rest assured that beyond wearing the shoes from time to time, I will not be actively soliciting donations. My view is that if people don't contribute to our little scheme then they will have already contributed what they can by some other means (raffle, auction, bucket run). I shall not be putting my feet in anyone's face!

BTW, I don't think anyone here meant me in their discussions of the fundraising but I just wanted to clarify for any visitors to the thread.
                          No EH-T, nobody here wood ever think that about you And I for one cannot wait to see you dancing in those coin shoes to The Stripper played on the saxaphone

It's OK. We're not answering very loudly.

We weren't? Oh

Comment

An awesome one, depending on the foods being used
                            Or that

No EH-T, nobody here wood ever think that about you And I for one cannot wait to see you dancing in those coin shoes to The Stripper played on the saxaphone
                            Agreed I think what everyone's been saying is that it's really more about the attitude with which people ask for money - in some cases enthusiasm tipped over the line to expectation and competition, so there ended up being pressure to give and to (more importantly) to shout about how much you were giving/raising rather than accepting gracefully and gratefully what was offered.

And I can't wait to see you either

We weren't? Oh
                            Sorry, my post was actually a Castle reference, slipped out before I could help myself
                            sigpic

Comment

Or that

Sorry, my post was actually a Castle reference, slipped out before I could help myself
                              But it was a good one

Currently trying to find some random director to use for Nad's tut........ it's not easy.........

Comment

But it was a good one
                                It did seem oddly appropriate as a response

Currently trying to find some random director to use for Nad's tut........ it's not easy.........
                                Wow. That's quite some task for you. Good luck with that.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X