The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    Yep, definitely ask how they manage the chores, how they manage the bills, and how they manage food/the kitchen. Those are the areas that can cause the most tension. Other things worth looking out for (if you're going into an existing houseshare) would be to look at the general state of cleanliness in the communal areas - if it's messier or dirtier than you'd be happy with then that is probably a sign that the other housemates aren't going to do the chores as frequently as you might like and that would be stressful. Also look at how lived in the communal areas look - that can give you an idea of whether they live together fairly harmoniously, spending time together in the living room/kitchen, or whether they essentially live separate lives, just co-existing in the same house. Not that one or the other is necessarily a good or bad thing, but if you're expecting/wanting the opposite then that can also cause tensions.

Good luck!
    Thank you. I've written all this down.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    Awesome timing, huh? Thanks

On the subject of house-sharing - my advice wood be to try to avoid it if at all possible. No matter how well you get on with people it's still really hard when you're sharing - yes, I'm speaking from very bad experience Better to have a tiny place all to yourselves than share a bigger one with difficult people IMO.
    Sadly, it seems to be unavoidable, though I will try to - last resort sort of thing. I've put my name down on the council list, but I don't expect anything yet - points wise, I'm probably teeny tiny. Financially, it's impossible for me to get a small place by myself, and Julie has too many restrictions on where she can go (she said she can't move away from the area we're in, but there's nowhere here available). It'll also be a nightmare next month living back at home with just a bed and a box, and paying their rent, etc.

*huggles* Thank you. I hope I figure it out.

Sorry you had a bad experience.

Originally posted by antoa View Post
    I am also getting tired of those people that seem to just want the attention. It is very much contradictory to the spirit of the weekend IMHO. I, for one, will not be giving my donation money to anyone but those who have been designated by GABIT to collect it. This does not mean I will give any less than I budget for. It was fine at first, but now it has just gotten out of hand.
    I agree, I'm fed up with that as well. It shouldn't be able getting attention for doing it, etc. If I were attending, I'd only go through the official GABIT collections/donations, etc.
    sigpic
    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post

Sadly, it seems to be unavoidable, though I will try to - last resort sort of thing. I've put my name down on the council list, but I don't expect anything yet - points wise, I'm probably teeny tiny. Financially, it's impossible for me to get a small place by myself, and Julie has too many restrictions on where she can go (she said she can't move away from the area we're in, but there's nowhere here available). It'll also be a nightmare next month living back at home with just a bed and a box, and paying their rent, etc.

*huggles* Thank you. I hope I figure it out.

Sorry you had a bad experience.
      It's a shame you can't find somewhere on your own So on sharing, definitely follow Josi's advice and be very careful And you never know with the council, sometimes it's easier for a single person to get a place than it is for a family *fingers crossed*

Hope your eyes are starting to feel better *hugs*

*huggles lurking Bekki*

Comment

Aaaaaand it's snowing again I guess if we have to have it, better this week-end than last

Comment

Aaaaaand it's snowing again I guess if we have to have it, better this week-end than last
          It snowed around her last weekend, but it never hit the ground. We're about 100 ft to low for it to stay! Lovely to look at but did all my driving the other direction so I didn't get into it. Seems to have been a colder winter around here this year....but I don't mind.
          sigpic

Comment

It's not settling - can't seem to make up it's mind whether to rain or snow so alternating between the two

Comment

It's not settling - can't seem to make up it's mind whether to rain or snow so alternating between the two
              That's okay. I love to watch it snow, but if it doesn't stay on the ground, I don't really care. I've gotten past the age where I go out and play in it.

So how are your eyes, Jumble?
              sigpic

Comment

we are definitely into spring here - trees are leafing out and blooming, it's been downright hot this week, in fact, I haven't even worn a sweater to work in the mornings. South Texas is like that - winter is extremely short - blink and you miss it. This one has been extra mild too.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                  That's okay. I love to watch it snow, but if it doesn't stay on the ground, I don't really care. I've gotten past the age where I go out and play in it.

So how are your eyes, Jumble?
                  Still sore and sticky

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                  we are definitely into spring here - trees are leafing out and blooming, it's been downright hot this week, in fact, I haven't even worn a sweater to work in the mornings. South Texas is like that - winter is extremely short - blink and you miss it. This one has been extra mild too.
                  We thought spring was here last week - nice warm temperatures and daffodils and crocuses flowering everywhere. Now it's turned cold and wet again

Comment

Still sore and sticky

We thought spring was here last week - nice warm temperatures and daffodils and crocuses flowering everywhere. Now it's turned cold and wet again
                    Are weather has been all over the place recently. But still love it!
                    sigpic

Comment

Hi Jumble, bit late but congrats on your newest milestone, very impressive...

Take it easy re your eyes...just grab the quilt and rest your eyes., ok have a glass or two to go with it to help you relax
                      sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

Thanks Claire

Oh yes, The Quilt is being put to good use Just drinking water though, trying to get my temperature down

Comment

Good Afternoon WooHoos!

Temperature? That's not good! Rest your little self until you get better. And you're right - plenty of water.

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            Good Afternoon WooHoos!

Temperature? That's not good! Rest your little self until you get better. And you're right - plenty of water.
                            Infection is usually accompanied by a high temperature - at least I'm not cold anymore

I have some for you, picked up from FB.....

I especially love this one....

Comment

*runs in with late night hugs*
                              *blinks*

Everything sounds icky when you add the 'late night' part

...Technically they could be early morning hugs too, but that just doesn't sound quite right either...
                              Hm.
                              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I was about to say that if you'd waited five minutes they wood be early morning hugs, but then I realised how that wood sound..........

Comment

Working...
                                X