The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by llp View Post
    Talk about disappointment! I just had to cancel my surgery or I suppose postpone it. They told me I could take a taxi home from the surgery and now they said, no way! I have to have a family member (even if I really don't have much of a family left alive anymore and no one who lives in Washington) or a friend drive you. Now I'll have to wait until (hopefully) this summer at the earliest. Hoping I can talk someone I know to take a day off this summer who can drive me home. I can take a taxi there. They're working on their master's degree and may have some time in the summer to do it! Really really really disappointed! Sometimes life is just unfair!
    Bummer.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Aww! Love the stories and pics ladies!
      Glad everyone had fun that's always a point of great worry.

Laurie, having the hospital ruling out the cab sucks!
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

You worry that we won't have fun? But....... we're WooHoos!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
          You worry that we won't have fun? But....... we're WooHoos!!!
          Yeah.
          WooHoos just take life so darn serious all he time. All work, no play.
          Boooring.
          *nods*
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I am hooooome. The front door is off and there's little barrier things around the front of the flat where they've been digging it up. I also can't make facebook work, can't even create an album never mind upload my pictures D:

Also six hours on a coach without a service stop? My legs ACHED.

The people are lovely, but let me warn you about one thing. They are going though financial woos like everyone else. So do not travel in the countryside alone and not at night. It isn't always the safest there. My friend has been robbed a few times since she's live there (by gun point) and it can be unnerving. Now with that said, it really is a beautiful country. If you are out in the countyside at all, look at the bushes (especially in the tropics areas) and you might see macaws or monkeys oh and very big bugs!
            I'm going in a group as part of a student program so I definitely won't be alone I'm not sure where I'll be but I'll try and peep!

Talk about disappointment! I just had to cancel my surgery or I suppose postpone it. They told me I could take a taxi home from the surgery and now they said, no way! I have to have a family member (even if I really don't have much of a family left alive anymore and no one who lives in Washington) or a friend drive you. Now I'll have to wait until (hopefully) this summer at the earliest. Hoping I can talk someone I know to take a day off this summer who can drive me home. I can take a taxi there. They're working on their master's degree and may have some time in the summer to do it! Really really really disappointed! Sometimes life is just unfair!
            Oh no Hope you can get something sorted! Summer's so far away.

*bounces a bit about TSE2*

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
              Yeah.
              WooHoos just take life so darn serious all he time. All work, no play.
              Boooring.
              *nods*
              There's a WooHoo that takes life seriously? *looks around* Ohhhhh! I know who you mean

Originally posted by boxeddreams View Post
              I am hooooome. The front door is off and there's little barrier things around the front of the flat where they've been digging it up. I also can't make facebook work, can't even create an album never mind upload my pictures D:

Also six hours on a coach without a service stop? My legs ACHED.
              Six hours on a coach without a service stop and your legs ached? I don't think it wood be my legs that I'd be worrying about

I'm going in a group as part of a student program so I definitely won't be alone I'm not sure where I'll be but I'll try and peep!
              Laurie's advice was pretty much the same as Amanda's

Oh no Hope you can get something sorted! Summer's so far away.

*bounces a bit about TSE2*
              I'm not allowing myself to bounce......... but I might just be tapping my foot a little ......

Comment

Ooooh 6 hours without a wee stop.... Nooo! *huggles +1

*huggles Laurie too*

Ok here's some Chevron 7.8 pics for your viewing enjoyment. There is more but I have been busy today so will upload tomorrow. I will upload all the full size ones as a sharing file for anyone who wants them though.

(Vooodooo BekkiDoll! )

(Jumble and John did this a lot over the weekend)

(And amanda did that a lot over the weekend. Particularly when Robin was anywhere near a microphone in her vicinity.

(Tracy and Julia from GABIT graciously posed - and filled us in on the TSE gossip. )

(Claire helping relieve Robin of his pants... *cough* )

And some post Amanda Signing Session glowing...

(Claire is sat right behind the lady having her sig done next to Amanda and was with her all day. I think that was about the most awesome part of the weekend actually. Happy glowyness is very infectious. )

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                  Six hours on a coach without a service stop and your legs ached? I don't think it wood be my legs that I'd be worrying about
                  Laurie's advice was pretty much the same as Amanda's

I'm not allowing myself to bounce......... but I might just be tapping my foot a little ......

The seats were comfier this time than on the way home, that and someone wasn't sat on my coat this time so I could actually wriggle!

And yes "know the area, know the local shop keepers, don't go anywhere alone" (I remembeeeered!) Smart advice from smart women!

I would if I had the effort to. Who knew that sitting on your butt for six hours would be tiring? (Coaches make me sleepy...)

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                  Ooooh 6 hours without a wee stop.... Nooo! *huggles +1*

(Claire is sat right behind the lady having her sig done next to Amanda and was with her all day. I think that was about the most awesome part of the weekend actually. Happy glowyness is very infectious. )

There was a toilet on the coach but noooo. So glad home is a 5-10 minute walk from town. Got my wiggle on.

*huggles*

I saw Claire after she got back from dinner and she was BOUNCING. Just from dinner (but also learning she'd be the assistant) never mind the actual day!

Your pictures are absolutely lovely too. I should go see what craziness people have tagged me in. Oh boy.

Comment

Love all the beautiful WooHoos in the very, very pretty pics! Bouncing and glowing - very good!

You guys can add me on FB (if you wood?) Nola Shingledecker

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Pretty pretty pictures!!!
                      sigpic
                      Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Just got home 20 min ago after leaving 14 hours ago..but it was SO worth it. Had the time of my life!! AWESOME!! Sadly did not have enough time to hang out with the WooHoos, but got my official badge .
                        Am now the proud owner of 2 new Sanctuary costumes items, a Helen Magnus blouse and a Will Zimmerman shirt, which Robin posed it...who could resist it (not me).
                        Had a blast attending the "special dinner" on Saturday and was sitting next to Tom and two seats away from Robin and Amanda, Amanda even tried my desert of Baked Alaska and strawberries.
                        Sunday I was her guest assistance and she was able to spend a few minutes looking at my Carter/Magnus costume collection, said it was awesome and reminded her of home...as she recognized quite a lot of the costumes.

Am needing to get to bed, but feel like I am still walking on the moon, can't think my smile can get any bigger.

night night
                        xx
                        sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

Claire that is awesome - I expect a complete report when you come for a visit. This just substanciates the saying: Good things happen to good people who wait! Really cool....however what is this I hear that you "helped" Robin remove his pants! Really!

Nola - added as mentioned! Oh and love the box with the eyes - could that be a kitty in there!

And an added comment - I have a friend that emailed me about coming up here to provide transportion for me to get to my surgery plus the added bonus of a visit beforehand. Just trying to straighten out a viable date. Probably will have to postpone the surgery, but hopefully not for long. But if postponed, I'll probably have to wait until after Claire comes for a visit. Would like to be funtional when she is here!
                          Last edited by llp; 27 February 2012, 03:27 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Laurie, honestly it was all done in the name for charity.....

ps sorry to hear that your surgery has been postponed
                            sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by clairec007 View Post
                              Laurie, honestly it was all done in the name for charity.....

ps sorry to hear that your surgery has been postponed
                              Hmmm! I have heard that charity begins at home! And as long as I get the surgery, I'll be happy. I just don't want it too close to you being here so we can go out and have fun, not to mention me driving up to Vancouver!
                              sigpic

Comment

Glad to hear there was at least a loo on the bus +1

Lovely pics Cags - except for the one where I kept blinking

And John is just very..... huggable!

*squishy huggles Claire* As Cags said, seeing you so overthemoon glowy was AWESOME!!! And it definitely is infectious - I'm still grinning from the
                                fact that Martin sent me a special hug Ah, the magic these people have

Laurie, she didn't exactly physically relieve Robin of his pants........ just 'helped' with a little instruction and advice

I definitely feel differently about Robin since Chevron
                                Last edited by Jumble; 28 February 2012, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X