No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck, Laurie *hugs* Do lots of things in the morning and you won't have time to think about food.

Nola, I really like the Adulthood one.

I'm here alllll byyyyy myyyyself. That's here on the thread, and at home.
    sigpic
    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Hey, I'm here too.

Love the Adulthood one. Oh if only!

Good luck Laurie. I daresay you'll come back with more wrong with you than when you went in.

It's Benjabub's birthday today. Bless him, he's still a little poorly so won't be a very exciting one ... rant alert...

Spoiler:
      Yet again, it seems that he's not important enough for some of his cousins to even bother to so much as drop a note on Facebook to say happy birthday to him. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't that it's also my sister-in-law - i.e. their mum's birthday. She's been dead three years and she's got happy birthday messages from them on facebook this morning. There's also one more today in the family (well almost, after their wedding anyway) and she's got birthday messages from them... and two more birthdays tomorrow and Friday and it's always been a bit of a joke/laugh about how expensive the month is. It's not like it's hard to forget. Apparently it is. I'd love to say it's still early in the day but, this the same thing happened last year.
      Maybe I am just expecting too much of people because I always make the effort to send cards and send them a little note of Facebook and such. I just assume other people are as thoughtful. Maybe it's time I removed them all from Facebook and reclaimed it for fun and friendship. I keep saying I'm going to so perhaps it's time.

I know this really should not bother me as much as it does and, maybe if it wasn't symptomatic of an overall attitude towards me and Benjabubs I'd be a little less frustrated about it. I'm not really in a good place at the moment, I could do with some nurturing but just feel like I'm constantly having to pick up everyone else's screwed up lives and help them sort things out... and it's disappointing when those who claim they care and worry about me then can't even manage the tiny acts of human kindness that makes it all worthwhile.

Sorry, I had a bad day yesterday and felt all teary and desperate most of it (bloody winter has a lot to answer for) and not much sleep last night as a result so I'm probably not thinking rationally anyway... someone slap me out of my self pity!

Anyhoo... the Wii is set up and going, there's a Yoshi birthday cake in the kitchen courtesy of my lovely stepson (lemon drizzle with raspberry jam as ordered by Ben ) and I'm looking forward to an evening playing with the new toy and scoffing cake. Sod everyone else!
      sigpic

Comment

*waves to Cags*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BEN!!!

I understand what you mean, actually. I think I'd probably want to remove them from facebook, too, because they commented to others and not to you and Ben. I was having a crying thing yesterday about the same thing - always picking people up here but no one giving me the time of day. I don't know that I can be the one to slap you out of feeling that way though because I think it makes sense to me and not completely irrational at all! *huggles*

At least you know that you and Ben will have a good day, and that Ben will love the cake and playing on the Wii. The Wii is the BEST game console ever! So much fun. And, best thing is, you feel like you're getting exercise at the same time (at least, I do anyway hehe). It might even make you feel a bit brighter since the weather is so pants! *hugs*
        Last edited by m_wendy_r; 01 February 2012, 04:36 AM. Reason: not sure this made sense... or that it does now. Good luck!
        sigpic
        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Happy Birthday Ben!!!! *hugs Cags*
          sigpic
          Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

*huggles Cags and Ben*
            I have a bad headache and it is snowing again
            sigpic
            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

MR....you avatar is so how i feel today.

Head to desk....WHY oh WHY? I won't rant about work...but know this...i wish i could jump into my computer and live on this thread.
              sigpic
              Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

Originally posted by max_omega View Post
                MR....you avatar is so how i feel today.

Head to desk....WHY oh WHY? I won't rant about work...but know this...i wish i could jump into my computer and live on this thread.
                Agreed *hugs for lousy day*
                *hands broccoli* It helps
                sigpic
                Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Thanks Develish....it does help just a little.
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

Happy Birthday Ben!!!!
                    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Hey BEN - hope you are having a Wonderful Birthday!

Stay healthy and give your mom a big big hug just because you can!
                      sigpic

Comment

*hugs max* I hope tomorrow is better!
                        sigpic
                        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Hi! My knee doesn't hurt too much today (if I don't touch it) but I'm going to have a big bruise. And I have been having a headache since this morning....surely not a good week for me!

complaints...
                          Spoiler:
                          in day like this I hate my job more and more! I managed to avoid my boss all day since I knew that I couldn't answer him politely and I know that this always pisses him off.
                          But really, he (and the bosses above him) treats us like s_h:i:t and sometimes I just can't pretend to have respect for them! They have all these ideas about how to organize this company that simply can't be realized! What's the reason of all this bureaucracy in a company so small? There aren't even 15 employes FCOL!
                          But no, we "low grade" can't talk with the customers, we do all the manual job, we wrote reports but then we have to explain everything to an another person! what a waste of time! Especially cuz she is totally dumb! She's libanese and even though her Italian isn't too bad, she can't speak formal Italian and IMO talking with "you" with important customers is a total lack of respect. She has a PhD in Chemistry...but her knowledge is really bad. Like today, when she wanted some info about my reactions, she read my lab book but I wrote there just the name of a chemical compound, but then in her notes she wrote a bad chemical structure! actually that structure doesn't even exist! But hey, when the BIG boss looked only for "a pretty girl even without great knowledge" for her position...I shouldn't be so surprised!
                          I and other my colleagues have a PhD, we speaks 3 languages and we worked abroad, but we doesn't count anything!
                          I'm tired, but in a Country where 30% of young people doesn't have a job, there's no much place for hope! Take my cousing for example, he worked for several years in different companies, temporary contracts, because they're the only thing that young people got lately, but now he can't find anything, even if he has more than 10 years of experience.

This evening it took us "only" 1h to come back home, but it's still snowing hard. I'm a bit worried for tomorrow. Luckily my car's friend has winter tires. My 13 years old car hasn't them, since I'm planning to change it this year
                          sigpic
                          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

*hugs Cags, Max and Sil for bad days*

Happy Birthday to Ben!
                            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*cries* Just dropped my external harddrive, pretty sure I've lost everything on it *falls into corner*

Happy Birthday to Benjabubs, hope you and he are having a cracking day Cags *huggles*

Comment

Oooh, it's end/first of the month blues/rant day.

Big squishy Woohoo huggles for Sil and Max. I have the opposite problem; a job I love but which I likely won't have come April due to austerity and cutbacks. Ho hum. It must suck to have no choice though; to know that you have to put up and shut up and stick with something you hate because other people screwed us over financially...hmm, maybe the Mayans weren't far off on the whole end of the world thing after all.

*huggles* Jumble. I have a feeling you're a bit sore after your fall? Hopefully not too much.

How did the medical go Laurie?

We had quite a good day in the end. Aaron's Yoshi lemon drizzle with raspberry jam cake was lovely. It's turned positively Arctic here today though; no snow (yet) but oooh that wind is evil cold.

You know, I reckon there's nothing like some light picspamming to cheer everyone up. I think I shall oblige...

Brrrr!

I really do need to upload some more to PB.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X