The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    Those are nice Jumble - is that a single background or did you combine elements?
    *looks around*

Is it still hard to tell the difference between Nad and me even when we're not twinning sigs and avis?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      That's Major General to you little upstart Leiutenant Colonels

And I'll do my best to comply
      Except of course you outrank me, so you are not obliged to follow my orders.

I think you should though

*looks around*

Is it still hard to tell the difference between Nad and me even when we're not twinning sigs and avis?
      Yes.
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
        Except of course you outrank me, so you are not obliged to follow my orders.

I think you should though
        I'm not above taking advice from my more junior officers

Yes.
        Wood that be because we're the only ones that actually have Martin in our sigs?

Comment

I'm not above taking advice from my more junior officers

Wood that be because we're the only ones that actually have Martin in our sigs?
          Probably
          sigpic

Comment

Oh lord, I did it again didn't I? I blame it on old-timers disease (cuz I can't spell alz-whatever) Not really. Just not paying attention as usual.

And on to other things...
            Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Ah Nola you're daily wisdoms always bring a smile to my face,

*huggles* Jumble and Amy Ouchy and... ouchy!

I'm feeling loads better today. The snot is here (which is actually a good thing) so dosing myself up worked, although now Benjabubs has the lurgy so I'm not off the hook yet. I hope he's better by Wednesday it's his birthday

Ok Woohoos. Let's have no more accidents, colds, or other things that make us feel icky. I call a moratorium. I don't like it when Woohoos are unhappy

*huggles you all* Feel better soon!
              I shall sign up to that! Although, uh, I did squish my fingers rather badly in the drawer just now putting the washing away. That's kind of all-in-a-day's-work for Mrs Accidentprone here though.

No more germs. No more accidents!
              sigpic

Comment

Ok Woohoos. Let's have no more accidents, colds, or other things that make us feel icky. I call a moratorium. I don't like it when Woohoos are unhappy

*huggles you all* Feel better soon!
                Yes, Sir, Major General Josi, Sir.

sigpic
                Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

*Huggles for all sick WooHoo's*

*Extra huggles for Cags with lurgy filled child* - had one of those this weekend, not fun

*More hugs for Jumble and her tumble* - ouch!!!

*Huggles for all non-sick WooHoos*

-Wanders out of the thread wondering when I started hugging people voluntarily
                  sigpic
                  Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Well, Wed is the big day and I have to fast.....for the doctor appt that afternoon. Going to be a biggie one for my (almost) 65th year! Complete tests of everything, plus all the liquids they will take from me. First time to this doctor and I picked a female one this time. Last female doctor I had was really good until she decided to retire!

My last doctors name was Bland! But he was anything but! Terrible when you have such a good looking younger man tell you to take off your clothes then all he does is real doctoring! Oh well, not an issues this time. Taking notes so I won't forget to tell him anything...not that I have that much to tell!

Turning 65 is going to be a nuisance. First I went to the dentist and he had to fix a old filing. Now I have this physical. Next to the "female" doctor for that exam and the mammogram and then I'll be due for the doctor to check for colon cancer (both sides of the family have had this). And then get hold of the ortho (hand) surgeon so I can arrange surgery for that. Just too many medical things. I prefer not having to deal with all of this....but since there is no one left to nag me, I guess I have to nag myself!

WHY DOES LIFE SEEM TO ONLY GET MORE COMPLICATED THE OLDER YOU GET????
                    sigpic

Comment

65 Laurie! Wow!!!! *early b-day huggles*

...I wanna be 65... but first the years in between
                      sigpic
                      Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                        65 Laurie! Wow!!!! *early b-day huggles*

...I wanna be 65... but first the years in between
                        Personally - I wanna make it to around 95 (that is if I'm healthy and have the money to do it)! Birthday isn't until the middle of the month, but my Medicare starts on Wednesday....and so is my first medical appointment! Funny how that worked out. I really don't like having to go to doctors but I get a yearly checkup anyhow...

I went without insurance for about 3 years because it was cheaper! Still went for a yearly physical and stuff, just paid for it myself. Also paid for my prescriptions, etc. Over the last 3 years I spent about $5500 (which included a small out patient surgery and my prescriptions). Insurance would have cost be about $18,000. I was gambling I didn't have a major accident and thankfully I won that bet (actually 2 days until the 1st). But fortunately (and thankfully), I could afford to still go to a doctor if I needed to. One interesting fact, whenever I told them I would pay the bill myself, they always lowered it and some times cut the cost in half!

As for wanting to be 65 - I would prefer to be about 32 again! Less aches and pains, no visible arthritus, more stamina, just basically healthier when I was younger ....however, I'm definately not ready for the alternative! It just happens that at 65 I have a ton of tests I need to take (preventative tests), including a colonoscopy which I really haven't missed having to have one. But because of family history, I need that one and was told my next one was when I turned 65. Whoopee, great way to celebrate! I'm not afraid of doctors, it's just a nuisance! However, if I intend to make it to my 95th birthday, I will need to continue my yearly checkups, etc.!

Now this really is a fascinating topic for the Martin Woohoo thread isn't it!
                        Last edited by llp; 30 January 2012, 01:32 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Wow...it's been quiet in here today

*pokes thread*

*huggles Woohoos*

I went to school again...first classes of the year and it took me two hours to go home because my train was delayed and all that jazz!
                          Also just saw I passed German so REALLY happy about that(I never thought I would pass it)

Still have my eye infected on the other hand so I hope that improves soon; have to call the doctor tomorrow though because I already have it for a week!
                          sigpic

Comment

Very quiet Where is everyone?

*passes out cookies and huggles*
                            sigpic

Comment

Avis for the AfA 7in7 Challenge..........

Touch, Monochrome and Close-up...

Space, Light, Emotion and Blend....

Comment

Nice Jumble - good choice for "touch"

It's raining here. Started a couple of hours ago. Naturally my umbrella was in the car and I was in school, so I got a bit wet. Not badly though.

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X