No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I'm in the market for a new lappy. Any suggestions? I liked my recently deceised Compac, but I curious as to what else might be good.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      Running through super fast before heading off to see my Mum for her birthday

Anderson's was yum-tastic as ever last night (sticky toffee pudding = happy Josi ) and it was fabulous to see Oma and Hannah... oh and Jumble too
      Yeah, ever the afterthought

*waves to Martin* Your Woohoos always appreciate hearing from you Although I'm not sure how glad we should be that we may have been observed running nekkid and doing things with broccoli Do we have any dignity left whatsoever??
      Did we have any to start with?

Hmm. Definitely a good thing that I left when I did then
      Probably That Oma, honestly! She never stops talking And Hannah is no better - she went to bed fairly early, but then she got up again and we all ended up going to bed after 2am I didn't sleep until around 5am (for which I totally blame Martin ) and had to be up at 7

That's our Martin
      Indeed

Hooray! Welcome home Tosh!
      Just as I was getting used to the other keyboard.........

*hugs*

Right, gotta run...
      Have fun

*huggles Sarai*

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
        So, I'm in the market for a new lappy. Any suggestions? I liked my recently deceised Compac, but I curious as to what else might be good.
        It depends what you mainly want to use it for and how much you want to spend

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

*hugs Joe*

I read that Jumble has her 'tush' back and got confused.
          Tosh it is. Awesome!
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
            *hugs WooHoos*

*hugs Joe*

Tosh it is. Awesome!
            See? Your brain actively searches for ickybah where it doesn't exist, and if it can't find any it makes it up

Last edited by Jumble; 26 January 2012, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Who spreads the ickybah now?

EDIT: And Jumble beat me to it.
              sigpic
              Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
              My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
              Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

*hugs Joe*

Tosh it is. Awesome!

Comment

Heh. How awesome is it, by the way, that no one has run over to the Sanctuary parts of the forum with Jumble's inside info? To show how well connected 'we' are?

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                  See? Your brain actively searches for ickybah where it doesn't exist

This is true
                  It sees it where it expects it to be.

Laptops though. I've been using my Dell since I graduated high school.
                  ...about six years ago. It has old lappy problems tricky keyboard, battery problems and a bad hip) but it's still with me and running just fine.
                  I'm so uncool.
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                    Who spreads the ickybah now?

EDIT: And Jumble beat me to it.
                    All I said was tush.
                    It's one letter away from being a Sanctuary ep...

I did not spread anything.

EDIT: Don't even think about it.

sigpic

Comment

Heh. How awesome is it, by the way, that no one has run over to the Sanctuary parts of the forum with Jumble's inside info? To show how well connected 'we' are?
                      But the inside info didn't really tell us anything we don't already know about S5, just confirms that we're all still waiting for a result

This is true
                      It sees it where it expects it to be.

Laptops though. I've been using my Dell since I graduated high school.
                      ...about six years ago. It has old lappy problems tricky keyboard, battery problems and a bad hip) but it's still with me and running just fine.
                      I'm so uncool.
                      Hm. My experience of Dell is that they're irritating to work with and constantly break down, but I'm sure there will be someone who says different and that they've had problems with just about any other make and model you can name

I love my Tosh - it's three years old and apart from a few viral problems that can affect any machine it's been pretty good. This last thing was caused by a faulty wire and a glass of wine, and despite my whinging it did get fixed and back to me in a reasonable time.

My Acer, despite my constant moaning about it, is actually a nice little laptop and despite being 5+ years old has never given me any serious trouble. I can't make vids with it easily because it doesn't have enough memory to work as fast as the Tosh, but other than that I can't really fault it

Any step up from what you're used to will always be awesome

Comment

It depends what you mainly want to use it for and how much you want to spend
                        I stream music and video like a demon, and I still Gimp a lot. writing and being able to be online a lot to consult with my beta are essential. So, pretty fast processor, good graphics and video card...
                        sigpic

Comment

But the inside info didn't really tell us anything we don't already know about S5, just confirms that we're all still waiting for a result
                          When has that ever stopped anyone?

Hm. My experience of Dell is that they're irritating to work with and constantly break down, but I'm sure there will be someone who says different and that they've had problems with just about any other make and model you can name

I love my Tosh - it's three years old and apart from a few viral problems that can affect any machine it's been pretty good. This last thing was caused by a faulty wire and a glass of wine, and despite my whinging it did get fixed and back to me in a reasonable time.

My Acer, despite my constant moaning about it, is actually a nice little laptop and despite being 5+ years old has never given me any serious trouble. I can't make vids with it easily because it doesn't have enough memory to work as fast as the Tosh, but other than that I can't really fault it

Any step up from what you're used to will always be awesome
                          My Dell has lived a protected life.
                          Though they are expensive, considering that they actually do break down a lot.

I believe that it doesn't matter which brand yuo get as long as you take care and know what to expect.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                            I stresm music and video like a demon, and I still Gimp a lot. writing and being able to be online a lot to consult with my beta are essential. So, pretty fast processor, good graphics and video card...
                            I know it's tedious, but your first move should be to google your requirements and then compare all the results and check all the reviews - but at the end of the day, it's really just a case of choosing the best you can get for the money available

Comment

When has that ever stopped anyone?
                              True But I daren't go tell them that Martin is working on another show (as is just about everyone involved in Sanctuary), because it will be seen as just one more nail in Sanctuary's coffin

My Dell has lived a protected life.
                              Though they are expensive, considering that they actually do break down a lot.

I believe that it doesn't matter which brand yuo get as long as you take care and know what to expect.
                              Yep, and there's also an element of luck involved - some machines are just a pain from the get go while an identical one will last forever and behave perfectly

Comment

My Asus is amost 4 years old but it still works well!
                                sigpic
                                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X