The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by llp View Post
    Yeah! It's just a cold with a miserable bronchitus cough that won't go away. It's what is keeping me sick...but no fever any more. That went away some time ago. Nose still not functioning correctly either. Need replacement parts soon!

Effective 2/1/2012 I will be insured again (Medicare) ....and I have a general checkup on 2/1 - surprise! But it's only a cold. Haven't had a really bad cold in several years....it is making up for lost time. I can't even go out in the snow and play! Snow is still here (probably will go away starting later today - early tomorrow. But I'm still enjoying looking at it. Now all this activity has worm me out (again!) Time to go back to bed. Getting lots of (very interrupted) sleep but at least I'm sleeping! Bye for now!
    Well, I hope you get better soon... ((huggles)) and rest up

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
    http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/3016/martin2012lq.jpg

and my mum just told me that yesterday evening my french cousin's daughter was born! Her name is Clelia
    Congrats on the new addition to the family!

Originally posted by Jumble View Post

Speaking of laptops, I heard from Toshiba today, at last Apparently I was right about the bad connection on the LCD lead so they're replacing that under the warranty Unfortunately they also found a problem with the motherboard, apparently caused by liquid damage - yes, you're right, I did spill some wine on it some time last year and that tiny little drop of wine is going to cost me £212 for a replacement motherboard And I still have to wait about a week to get it back But, having struggled with the spare for the last week I'll be very glad to get my Tosh back in working order, no matter what it costs
    Ouch, but that's a lot for the mother board for the laptop, here it's the half of a REALLY great laptop! But as you said, good think the lcd thing (which I have no idea what it is) is under the warranty...

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

EDIT: So... the FBI shut down Megaupload? Gah.
    Whaaa'???!

*goes to check*
    *cries a little*
    If this SOPA thing comes to life... I don't even want to think about it

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    Umm... it was?

Oh, ok. well, we know at least one person was having fun!

Anagrams of Martin Wood:

Doorman Wit
    Doormat Win
    Draw Motion
    Wart Domino
    A Wind Motor (someone warn his wife! )
    Mad Iron Two
    Dram Wino To (no comment )
    And Omit Row (oooh the Woohoo motto)
    Toad In Worm
    Art Mod Wino
    Art Mood Win
    Art Doom Win (I think we all have Photoshop days like this. )
    Arm Do I Wont (well... hands and it's want not... er... never mind )

Art Doom Win!

Edit: I just realized that there are files that I keep exclusively on (at?) internet! ... I might have to download all my... vids, arts, fics... pics... omg... ...mediafire files! I had files on megaupload... this is not good
    Last edited by Devilish Me; 19 January 2012, 09:46 PM.
    sigpic
    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Aw I wood have offered to cheer him up had I known..........
      Martin: Jumble? Why are you still holding on?
      Jumble: Because you're depressed!
      Martin: No I'm n...
      Jumble: -Yes you are!
      Martin: But it's my birthday. I'm really not dep...
      Jumble: You are!
      *Jumble clings to Martin's head*

It could explain the headaches
      That's coffee.

There's nothing wrong with clean money *nods*

Does that mean I've lost all my uploads?
      I do like clean money.

And I guess?
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Er......... it could be the wine, or it could be my age, but I didn't understand a word of that Just tell me that we're not going to lose our access to GW
        Sorry, it was a bit jargony

And one of the big fears about SOPA/PIPA is precisely that it could take down GW. It would allow any content owner to get sites shut down simply by accusing them of either allowing copyright infringement to occur on their site (and by the definitions of most of those pushing for these sorts of laws, fanart, picspamming screencaps, fanvids and the like are exactly that), or because they link to a site which allows copyright infringement (so, linking to YouTube or PB). Effectively these kinds of laws threaten any site with user generated content. It's terrifying, and massively important that ordinary Internet users fight this issue as hard as we possibly can.

Thankfully the protests yesterday appear to have got SOPA shelved for now and undermined PIPA's support in the Senate, but it's not over by a long shot. This will keep coming back all the while the big content corporations have money left to pump into lobbying, all over the world.

See what I mean about not getting me started?
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I like it when Josi gets started

So...
            Sharing more probably copyrighted material from a soon to be illegal website:

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Thanks for explaining it Josi, I really didn't get your post either... then again I know not to poke a sleeping lion Kidding. *huggles* I totally support what your saying.

Maybe we could send Martin after SOPA to CUT them ...I'm lame.

Edit: ...and now I have a picture in my head of Martin in Congress (or whereever there's the meeting of the people who decide on laws) standing at the speaking station, yelling AND CUT, and cut!

I'm so not cool LOL
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post

And one of the big fears about SOPA/PIPA is precisely that it could take down GW. It would allow any content owner to get sites shut down simply by accusing them of either allowing copyright infringement to occur on their site (and by the definitions of most of those pushing for these sorts of laws, fanart, picspamming screencaps, fanvids and the like are exactly that), or because they link to a site which allows copyright infringement (so, linking to YouTube or PB). Effectively these kinds of laws threaten any site with user generated content. It's terrifying, and massively important that ordinary Internet users fight this issue as hard as we possibly can.

Thankfully the protests yesterday appear to have got SOPA shelved for now and undermined PIPA's support in the Senate, but it's not over by a long shot. This will keep coming back all the while the big content corporations have money left to pump into lobbying, all over the world.

Go Josi! I wish wish WISH I had green to give you...er. before that becomes illegal.

Please get started. I'm with you.

I rather suspect the "ordinary user" might win this one, with a bit of assistance from those of the user generated sites (like Wikipedia etc.) and more subsversive entities like Anonymous who will essentially make the point loud and clear.
                Those big corporations ought to give it up and start ploughing their money and energies into finding ways to make sure we want to pay fairly for what they have to offer instead of trying to cling on to every possible shred of an outdated business model.

So...

Good for you. Think I might do the same.
                sigpic

Comment

Nope, just a search engine and a keyboard and a site that does it all for you.

... which is ironic, all things considered.
                  You're so good at finding useful websites

Quite possibly if they all get their way.
                  Nooooooooooooo!

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                  Ouch, but that's a lot for the mother board for the laptop, here it's the half of a REALLY great laptop! But as you said, good thing the lcd thing (which I have no idea what it is) is under the warranty...
                  I suspect the cost is hiked up by their charge for installing it

The LCD lead is basically what connects the pc to the screen and enables the display - which is why my screen kept going blank everytime I moved the lid up or down

Whaaa'???!

*goes to check*
                  *cries a little*
                  If this SOPA thing comes to life... I don't even want to think about it

Art Doom Win!

Edit: I just realized that there are files that I keep exclusevly on (at?) internet! ... I might have to download all my... vids, arts, fics... pics... omg... ...mediafire files! I had files on megaupload... this is not good
                  Aw *hugs*

Martin: Jumble? Why are you still holding on?
                  Jumble: Because you're depressed!
                  Martin: No I'm n...
                  Jumble: -Yes you are!
                  Martin: But it's my birthday. I'm really not dep...
                  Jumble: You are!
                  *Jumble clings to Martin's head*
                  I don't think it wood be his head I was clinging to

Um....... I mean ..... it wood be his torso, you know, as in hugging him

I do like clean money.

And I guess?
                  Actually, thinking about it, I won't have 'lost' anything - I just won't be able to send any of it by that means anymore

Noooooooooo!

Losing GW wood be like cutting off my lifeline

Too depressing to think about on Martin's birthday!

Comment

sigpic

Comment

So...

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u169/DutchIndeed/Sigs/Icons/marinicnbday121.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...sigbday122.jpg
                      I LOVE your probably copywrighted material, illegal or otherwise

Comment

Go Josi! I wish wish WISH I had green to give you...er. before that becomes illegal.

Please get started. I'm with you.

I rather suspect the "ordinary user" might win this one, with a bit of assistance from those of the user generated sites (like Wikipedia etc.) and more subsversive entities like Anonymous who will essentially make the point loud and clear.
                        Those big corporations ought to give it up and start ploughing their money and energies into finding ways to make sure we want to pay fairly for what they have to offer instead of trying to cling on to every possible shred of an outdated business model.

Good for you. Think I might do the same.
                        Here's hoping! Certainly the effect that yesterday's protests have had is heartening. And hear hear. Why should they trample all over our civil liberties and our right to participate in our society and culture all in the name of protecting their outdated business model?

I blogged a massive big rant about it all yesterday

You're so good at finding useful websites

Actually, thinking about it, I won't have 'lost' anything - I just won't be able to send any of it by that means anymore

Noooooooooo!

Losing GW wood be like cutting off my lifeline

Too depressing to think about on Martin's birthday!
                        Don't panic. It's not happened yet and is a long way from passing into law Here's hoping it never does...
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Here's hoping! Certainly the effect that yesterday's protests have had is heartening. And hear hear. Why should they trample all over our civil liberties and our right to participate in our society and culture all in the name of protecting their outdated business model?

I blogged a massive big rant about it all yesterday

Don't panic. It's not happened yet and is a long way from passing into law Here's hoping it never does...
                          Amen to that

You know, just in case there was any doubt........

Comment

Goodness - pages to catch up on! Beautiful pages. Grr at SOPA. I had my black avi up yesterday, which is a pretty big deal since I've never had any other avi but my toll booth since I got a custom avi years ago. That's how mad it's made me.

Get better Laurie!

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X