• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    *shakes head*

You Dutch are weird

Tea + milk is the right way. There's even a formula to prove it
    It's from English scientists...so English people are weird
    Other than children I don't know anybody that drinks tea with milk.

Yup. English are weird with milk in their tea!
    sigpic

Comment

*shakes head*

You Dutch are weird

I have to agree with Jann! I can't drink tea with milk!!!
      sigpic
      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

I much prefer my tea straight up. No milk. No sugar.

I might put a touch of honey in my green tea if I am feeling a bit wild, which isn't often. A squirt of lemon in iced tea at times, but still no sugar.

Comment

I've always thought grown ups drink tea with milk in Holland as well just like some drink coffee black and some with extra's (like liquor ). I discovered it wasn't common later when I was doing a charity thing.
          I got a cup with milk and a lady asked me to fill it with tea so I did. When I handed it back to her she gave me a funny look and said ''Honey. No one drinks tea with milk. I wanted coffee.''.

I don't know why I mentioned that now.
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Good afternoon WooHoos!

I hope Jann did better on her test than she imagines. Chuckled at the "song" vids. And the great tea debate rages on...

We started the new semester at school today. I got two new Sociology classes and still have the same students for my other four classes, but now, instead of Economics, we're studying Government. It should be easier for them - much less theory.

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Oh I have those - stress highlights. I've gone alarmingly grey over the last year. Hmm, now let me think, what major stress could I possibly have gone through to make that happen.

I see LJ has finally put her clothes back on. Time for that huggle then *huggles LJ*

YESSS! We finally got so flippant we're talking about tea.

*cough ahem*

Actually, tea, is very, very. VERY serious business y'know.

*shakes head*

You Dutch are weird

Yes. The graph was perfect. Tea must include milk. But not too much or it's just yukky and horrible, and not too little. it also needs to be correctly brewed, and just on the right side of stewed. A good strong cup of tea solves anything... you can achieve the impossible with it. Ok maybe not the impossible but certainly the infinitely improbable.

Actually, my aunt used to serve tea with evaporated milk and, although that was a bit creamy for me, it was really nice!
              sigpic

Comment

*waves*

Had a lovely day in the city-- lunch with a friend/colleague, voice lesson, dinner with Andi. Good times. It was great to sing for the first time since I got sick in October. It was a bit of a boot camp because of the time, but sang a little Giulietta and got my tragic heroine on, which is always a good time.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                MOB! I got about half of that opera one just by kind of working out the angle, but I can imagine it's a lot more hilarious when you've done it. I used to love The Office for exactly that reason. I'd been in all those situations and then some.
                It's so much nicer now. If I'm phlegmy I could care less. I just sing for the joy of it. Takes the pressure off having to be perfect all the time. There's enough of that in every day life.

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                Edit: Just read an interesting article about Tesla and thought this part deserved a translation

Makes you wonder

Pretty pretty thread to catch up on today All that picspam and sparkly bits too

On tea, this is all you need to know:

*nods*

2. So, so alarmingly true. Thanks for sharing!
                "What are we wearing for the show?" <-- THE most asked question in any choir I've ever been in
                1. I beg to differ. Sugar. No milk. Unless it's a spicy chai. Then a splash of milk or cream.

2. And isn't the answer invariably: black?

Oh. Did I mention I am going to Vangroovy for a week next Tuesday? Going to hang with my friend and her fam. Do some skiing, snowshoeing, hiking, kayaking, eating, drinking. YAY.
                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                  1. I beg to differ. Sugar. No milk. Unless it's a spicy chai. Then a splash of milk or cream.
                  Right. I forgot about chai. That can have milk in it. Mmmmm..... chai latte.

Comment

Chai?? Never heard of it, but then I'm not a tea drinker.

So, are we all ready for tomorrow?

Comment

I have fresh MartinArt

*hugs WooHoos*
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                        I have fresh MartinArt

*hugs WooHoos*
                        Yay!!!

Now if I can just get this laptop to run PS at a reasonable rate I might just manage to make some

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                          Yay!!!

Now if I can just get this laptop to run PS at a reasonable rate I might just manage to make some
                          If not, resort to poetry.

*sends party vibes to Jumble's laptop*

sigpic

Comment

:s Not ready for tomorrow! Too busy with studying for now! (making a "take home exam" and then studying for another one)

MoB do you mean the chai tea they also have at Starbucks? I loved that one! Mmmmm
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                              If not, resort to poetry.

*sends party vibes to Jumble's laptop*
                              Thanks

Comment

I have a bit of Martinart ready - not nearly enough! I will work on more, promise.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X