X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
    All spoilers relating to SFN

Spoiler:
    That's what I mean - it could be interpreted in so many different ways. One of them being, Helen knew the probability of her not surviving was very high and just wanted to say goodbye to a lifelong friend. Another being it's a symbol of how much more than 'friends' their relationship is/could be/has been...lots of different interpretations available

Spoiler:
    *fingers crossed*
    SFN

Spoiler:
    Hm. I just think that if they had been lovers at any point that kiss wood have been a lot more than it was. And Tesla wood not have looked so surprised

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    Martin:

[spoiler]Meh. Say it if it's true.
    Or, to pull it into a general thing... It somewhat showed that there was a variety of awesome directors.
    They did a great job syncing things though. It's not like it was *that* visible.
    Martin

Spoiler:
    I thought it was very visible. That's another thing that worries me - I feel like the central group of Sanctuary has gradually started to step away over the last two seasons. All of them have been doing other shows/movies this Season, making me feel that maybe they were not expecting to be renewed. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that they're all so capable of doing a diversity of shows/characters etc, and I know Martin really enjoyed directing Goodnight for Justice, but it still makes me a little uncomfortable for Sanctuary I can understand that only having 13 eps isn't enough employment/income, but for Martin to only direct 5 of the 13? Hm.

Spoiler:
    It also bothers me that the only directors getting cameo's are Amanda and Robin. What did *they* ever do to deserve that? I'd love to see...
    Lee.
    Spoiler:
    I'd like to see Lee too And I have a feeling that there may have been some Martin cameos and that they were either too subtle or were cut for time

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      I've always been a monster - you just keep supplying the fodder
      Hmmmm! Is it too late to retrieve a gift! I meant it took me three no four emails oh and a trip to the post office!

Oh and a little groveling and pleading as well....but that doesn't count!
      Last edited by llp; 02 January 2012, 07:44 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Martin

Spoiler:
        I thought it was very visible. That's another thing that worries me - I feel like the central group of Sanctuary has gradually started to step away over the last two seasons. All of them have been doing other shows/movies this Season, making me feel that maybe they were not expecting to be renewed. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that they're all so capable of doing a diversity of shows/characters etc, and I know Martin really enjoyed directing Goodnight for Justice, but it still makes me a little uncomfortable for Sanctuary I can understand that only having 13 eps isn't enough employment/income, but for Martin to only direct 5 of the 13? Hm.
        Direction:

Spoiler:
        Well, yes. It was visible to us, but do you think it was noticed by the general public who watch the show like they're supposed to as well?
        I'm not sure, but I think that if you're not paying attention, it all looked like 'Sanctuary'. I think we're a bit nitpicky by nature?

I get your worry. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. Sanctuary isn't a big show, so you'd think a small core of creative people wood benefit it as well as cut some costs? It wood definitely help getting the names and numbers in the eps straight

Spoiler:
        I'd like to see Lee too And I have a feeling that there may have been some Martin cameos and that they were either too subtle or were cut for time
        Spoiler:
        I got that vibe from you.
        That wood suck.
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*fights her way out from under the paperwork mountain*

Direction:

Spoiler:
          Well, yes. It was visible to us, but do you think it was noticed by the general public who watch the show like they're supposed to as well?
          I'm not sure, but I think that if you're not paying attention, it all looked like 'Sanctuary'. I think we're a bit nitpicky by nature?

I get your worry. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. Sanctuary isn't a big show, so you'd think a small core of creative people wood benefit it as well as cut some costs? It wood definitely help getting the names and numbers in the eps straight
          Do we really need this in spoilers? We're just having a general discussion, there's nothing really about the eps

And what do you mean, the general public watch the show???? They make it for US don't they?

But I get what you mean - those that just watch the actors and not the Directors/Producers/VisFXWizard may not have noticed as much as we did, if at all.

Spoiler:
          I got that vibe from you.
          That wood suck.
          Cameos

Spoiler:

And yes, it wood

*dives back into the paperwork*

You'd think I'd learn, woodn't you, to do it little and often, rather than try to do a whole year's worth in one day

Comment

SFN

Spoiler:
            s4: I like it but not all the episodes, especially the ones more focused on Will.
            I think that SFN was a great season finale! The whole concept behind it was brilliant. As other already said, if we don't get another season, I will be satisfied with this ending.
            I have to say "why did I start watching Sanctuary?", "why did I keep watching it?". For me the answer is only Amanda! No offence, but face it. Henry is cute, Tesla is funny, Biggie is loyal and so on (I never liked Will and I will never do), but it's Helen Magnus that support the entire show!!!
            I will be more happy to watch s5, but if this isn't going to happen, I'll be happy to see AT in other projects too! And I don't want to sound rude, but I hope that these won't involve Robin Dunne! (see Milkshake). Like Will he looks like her protégé! He's always with her in Con and interviews! Look at Chevron! It's a Stargate Con, but he will be on of the guests. It's clearly a AT's requests but I really can't understand that!
            random thought about SFN:
            - Biggie alive or not? Dunno, the Sanctuary fell down and I didn't see anybody who moved his body before the explosion...but hey it's scifi, so who know?
            - Kiss: I didn't see anything special in it, just a goodbye-maybeI'lldie-kiss. But I didn't see anything special in the lesbo kiss too...
            I'm rewatching the 2 eps right now so maybe I'll add something later
            sigpic
            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
              SFN

Spoiler:
              s4: I like it but not all the episodes, especially the ones more focused on Will.
              I think that SFN was a great season finale! The whole concept behind it was brilliant. As other already said, if we don't get another season, I will be satisfied with this ending.
              I have to say "why did I start watching Sanctuary?", "why did I keep watching it?". For me the answer is only Amanda! No offence, but face it. Henry is cute, Tesla is funny, Biggie is loyal and so on (I never liked Will and I will never do), but it's Helen Magnus that support the entire show!!!
              I will be more happy to watch s5, but if this isn't going to happen, I'll be happy to see AT in other projects too! And I don't want to sound rude, but I hope that these won't involve Robin Dunne! (see Milkshake). Like Will he looks like her protégé! He's always with her in Con and interviews! Look at Chevron! It's a Stargate Con, but he will be on of the guests. It's clearly a AT's requests but I really can't understand that!
              SFN and S4

Spoiler:
              Well no offence to you either, but I totally disagree that Helen/Amanda is the whole show. I know a lot of fans feel that way, but for me Sanctuary wood be nothing without Tesla, Henry, Biggie, Kate, Declan, Watson, Druitt, Griffin and yes, even Will and Worth. For me, Magnus is not the centre of everything and I am actually relieved when we get an ep that doesn't revolve around her. Sanctuary is a team effort, with all the characters interacting with and supporting each other. I'm pretty sure I wood have got bored with Sanctuary long ago had it been 'The Helen Magnus Show', much the same as I wood never have got past S1 of SG1 if it had been all about RDA/O'Neill. That too was a team show, as was Atlantis IMO. I personally feel that fans that think that Magnus is the centre of Sanctuary's universe do a huge injustice to the rest of the cast.

As for Robin accompanying Amanda on so many of her tours/cons, I think it's great that he is available to support her on what is quite an arduous and lonely journey. He is the only member of the cast (I believe) who has no partner/family commitments and is therefore ideally situated to help her in this way. We must also accept that he has an enormous fan base of his own, so why shouldn't he get to meet as many of them as he can?

/rant

Random thought about SFN:
              Spoiler:
              - Biggie alive or not? Dunno, the Sanctuary fell down and I didn't see anybody who moved his body before the explosion...but hey it's scifi, so who know?
              - Kiss: I didn't see anything special in it, just a goodbye-maybeI'lldie-kiss. But I didn't see anything special in the lesbo kiss too...
              I'm rewatching the 2 eps right now so maybe I'll add something later
              SFN
              Spoiler:
              Biggie? Well I guess we'll find out in S5 But I think he wood have escaped the explosion. He wasn't that close to the Sanctuary and he has proved in the past to be fairly fireproof

The Tesla kiss? A very brief, friendly kiss for luck/maybe goodbye. The other kiss? In itself (to me) - irrelevant and made far too much of by fandom. I felt it detracted from what was an otherwise awesome ep simply by overshadowing the whole thing. Just IMO

Comment

SFN1

Spoiler:
                I didn't notice before that the reporter's name was Julia Hague
                sigpic
                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

SFN1
                  Spoiler:
                  I didn't notice before that the reporter's name was Julia Hague
                  Well since everyone else is wading into the fray:

Spoiler:
                  As for the reporter's name....missed that. Will have to check it out. As for the kiss with Tesla...nothing meant or drawn from that. It was a thank you and bye kiss wrapped into one. The look on Tesla's face expressed it as well. As for Biggie and Druitt. I am sure Biggie was aware of what was happening and it would have been his reponsibility to keep Kate safe. I would think the "Sanctuary" would have been void of most everyone by then and ....obviously the Abnormals were gone and they said as much. And as for Druitt, I don't think he is dead, never have....they let it go much too easily so not dead! And there is even a chance for Helen's daughter to still be alive. Do you think a mother could stand by and let her daughter be tortured all over again....no way! I think she could also be somewhere within the new world below. Was all of this done for a purpose....yes. I don't think they know for sure if there is another season, but just in case....they have a new and great world to go to with not all of the abnormals down below....so more issues to deal with! And if there is a Season 5 and I really hope there is then keep on writing Damian. But if not, they have a new world awaiting them so they didn't leave everything in the lurch.....maybe a nice 2 or 3 hour movie to just finish it off, but not just over that quickly please! Please do give it a real finish if that be the case...and if not....YEAH FOR A SEASON 5!

*Waves* to Jumble and guests!
                  sigpic

Comment

SFN and S4

Spoiler:
                    Well no offence to you either, but I totally disagree that Helen/Amanda is the whole show. I know a lot of fans feel that way, but for me Sanctuary wood be nothing without Tesla, Henry, Biggie, Kate, Declan, Watson, Druitt, Griffin and yes, even Will and Worth. For me, Magnus is not the centre of everything and I am actually relieved when we get an ep that doesn't revolve around her. Sanctuary is a team effort, with all the characters interacting with and supporting each other. I'm pretty sure I wood have got bored with Sanctuary long ago had it been 'The Helen Magnus Show', much the same as I wood never have got past S1 of SG1 if it had been all about RDA/O'Neill. That too was a team show, as was Atlantis IMO. I personally feel that fans that think that Magnus is the centre of Sanctuary's universe do a huge injustice to the rest of the cast.

As for Robin accompanying Amanda on so many of her tours/cons, I think it's great that he is available to support her on what is quite an arduous and lonely journey. He is the only member of the cast (I believe) who has no partner/family commitments and is therefore ideally situated to help her in this way. We must also accept that he has an enormous fan base of his own, so why shouldn't he get to meet as many of them as he can?

/rant

SFN

Spoiler:
                    The big problem for me it's that I don't see Sanctuary like a "team tvshow". Now let's if I can make myself clearer. Take SG1 for example. Everyone knows that I'm a huge S/J shipper, but I always enjoyed the fact that the stories turned around a team! Yes SG1 for me was a "team tvshow". I could get frustrated that I didn't have many shippers moments, but strangely I'm also glad that the Ship wasn't the centre of the tvshow, that TBTB managed to write it inside the general plot (I'd like to have a confirmation of course, but that's another story).
                    And no, I don't need to ship a couple to like a tvshow. In fact I don't ship Helen with anybody.
                    Between the shows that I still watch and that don't have ships, I can define NSIC and Criminal minds like "team shows" 'cause despite there's a "boss" in the group, the dynamic of the stories really turns around all the people of the team. Now I don't know if it's due to AT/Helen's charisma, but when I watch Sanctuary I (and a lot of people) always wait for the moment where her badass skills showed! You can say that the other people help her, but IMO they are always put in her shadow. I agree with you only about Adam, he was really a great bad guy!
                    Of course, that's just my opinion and you're free to disagree
                    sigpic
                    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

And what do you mean, the general public watch the show???? They make it for US don't they?

Well... did you *see* an obvious full body cameo?

*dives back into the paperwork*

You'd think I'd learn, woodn't you, to do it little and often, rather than try to do a whole year's worth in one day
                      Yes. But also no.
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                        Well since everyone else is wading into the fray:

Spoiler:
                        As for the reporter's name....missed that. Will have to check it out.

Spoiler:
                        Since English isn't my language I'd like to know if there was a hidden reference in a sentence. If I'm right, Addison said to Will: "I'll see you at The Hague". Now, I had to google it to understand that The Hague is the English name of a dutch city (it's L'Aia in Italian...). But since Julia's surname is Hague I'm wondering if the wrote this sentence as another reference to her.
                        sigpic
                        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Sanctuary beyond S4:

Spoiler:
                          Oh... I do really hope they keep Ashley dead. Not that I really disliked the character, but really... To me, it wood take away from the story and the drama and it'd be cheap even if done nicely. She's just so ...gone.

As for Sanctuary and AT...
                          I agree that it woodn't be quite the same without Amanda in it and she's one of the people dragging me in, but to me, she's also not the key to watching.
                          Neither is the fact that MAD is behind it, as unWooHoo-ey as it may sound.

No...I watch for the Tesla.
                          *blinks*
                          Team. I meant team.
                          Ok... maybe not completely for the team.

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Since English isn't my language I'd like to know if there was a hidden reference in a sentence. If I'm right, Addison said to Will: "I'll see you at The Hague". Now, I had to google it to understand that The Hague is the English name of a dutch city (it's L'Aia in Italian...). But since Julia's surname is Hague I'm wondering if the wrote this sentence as another reference to her.
                            SFN
                            Spoiler:
                            The Hague is where the War Crimes Tribunal is.
                            It's the international criminal court where they wood have to appear if sued, so it makes sense in the story

sigpic

Comment

SFN
                              Spoiler:
                              It's the international court where they wood have to appear if sued, so it makes sense in the story
                              In reference to Nad's spoiler comments:

Spoiler:
                              I have to agree with Nad....especially in reference to when it was made and why. Definately feels like it refers to "international charges of crimes against humanity".

All this serious talk is not good sooooo early in the year...Time for some MARTIN SPAM! Anyone???
                              sigpic

Comment

SFN
                                Spoiler:
                                It's the international criminal court where they wood have to appear if sued, so it makes sense in the story
                                Spoiler:
                                yes I know that it's the city where the Tribunal is...I just didn't know its English name! It's probably just a coincidence that Julia's surname is written the same way, but still
                                sigpic
                                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X