• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    Oh dear! That's a sign of growing up

Well...then there is at least one grown up in here

They were, and very filling - I could barely walk when we left
    Sounds like me at my grandma's place today! Especially the main course was SO much; insane!

And we have tomorrow "2nd Christmas day" (we dutchies have two christmas days! HA! ) And that's gonna be a feast too. Oh My. If it weren't for all the walking today I would have gained, for sure, a few pounds!
    sigpic

Comment

Suz wants to go on Christmas Day next year - that'll be SIX courses

Comment

Is it? I don't remember ever saying that

I won't have much for tomorrow - I don't 'do' pastels.........
        Really? Must be wrong then...

I thought I didn't, but I guess I do turn out to have some...

Originally posted by starlover View Post
        Well...then there is at least one grown up in here

And we have tomorrow "2nd Christmas day" (we dutchies have two christmas days! HA! ) And that's gonna be a feast too. Oh My. If it weren't for all the walking today I would have gained, for sure, a few pounds!
        *giggles*

And oh yes. Poor us.
        [/COLOR]
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Suz wants to go on Christmas Day next year - that'll be SIX courses

Good luck! I think you'll need a wheelchair when you want to leave though! Too much to walk afterwards!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
            Good luck! I think you'll need a wheelchair when you want to leave though! Too much to walk afterwards! [/color]
            I'd have to fast for a week beforehand, and take several breaks between courses The trouble with Stuart's food is that it's much too yummy to leave any

And he serves hand-made chocolates - which I saw him making yesterday.........

Two Christmas Days? And do you traditionally have the same food on both days?

Comment

I'd have to fast for a week beforehand, and take several breaks between courses The trouble with Stuart's food is that it's much too yummy to leave any

And he serves hand-made chocolates - which I saw him making yesterday.........

*drools*

Two Christmas Days? And do you traditionally have the same food on both days?
              Nope, we have different foods. Every family has his/her own traditions.
              Some for example are with the family(father/mother/children) on one day and the next with the entire family. Some go out to a restaurant for both days, some only one, some not. And there are also families that really celebrate the first day and just use the second day as a day to go somewhere(some shops/malls are open, but not a lot).

We, as far as I know, don't have a christmas eve thing going on though. That's more likely to be the evening that your at home watching TV or something like that!
              sigpic

Comment

It sounds pretty much the same as we do in the UK, except we call the second day Boxing Day. Some of our shops are open, and a lot of the bigger stores start having their sales that day.

I've never bothered much with Christmas Eve, it's just the day before Christmas to me, and if it falls on a week day most people work. I think it used to be more of an upper class thing, but I do know some families that have their Christmas Dinner on Christmas Eve, and some even open their presents then, which I think is odd

But there you go - to each their own

Comment

It's good to hear that Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, is apparently doing well following his heart surgery the other day - that's a huge thing for a man of 90 to deal with I've never really considered myself to be a Royalist, so I was surprised to find myself quite upset when I heard he'd been rushed to hospital. Not a nice thing to happen at any time, but right before Christmas

Comment

Oooh! Now this should be interesting - we can all use different 'pastel' colours for our text........

Comment

I know, I say that every year, but at least I pastelised it this time

Comment

Awwww, such a wonderful thought Jumble...

(((huggles Martin and his wife)))))

Jann I'm so glad you liked your pressies! *hugs*

Happy Pastel Day!!!

*Apparently for me pastel mostly means blue and pink

This is gonna be weird... Ah, all good now
                        sigpic
                        Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                            Awwww, such a wonderful thought Jumble...

(((huggles Martin and his wife)))))
                            That's a lot of why I love him

Didn't see that part ^^ until I quoted you

Jann I'm so glad you liked your pressies! *hugs*

Happy Pastel Day!!!

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/q...maspastel2.jpg

*Apparently for me pastel mostly means blue and pink

This is gonna be weird... Ah, all good now

And I see you've been busy with the artwork again - nice!

Comment

Ah I missed most of Pink day. Not that I have pink art anyway. I might have some pastel but, not much I suspect.

I hope everyone has has a peaceful/happy/manic/wonderful/enjoyable/perfect Christmas.

And I apologise to my SS for your late pressie. Um, too much brandy for me last night and I forgot to upload it.
                              sigpic

Comment

That's a lot of why I love him

Didn't see that part ^^ until I quoted you

That's what I meant it's gonna be weird but I think I got the right colors now

And I see you've been busy with the artwork again - nice!

Most of the artworks is already done Now I'm only sorting it trough the days Which meant some of them are renamed and I still get confused b/c I didn't rename all of them and so on...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X