The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Martin Wood.
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Laurie, not everyone wants to know about that conversation - which is why we've been discussing it in spoilers

@ Nad

Druitt

Spoiler:
      Before I read the article, I saw someone pretty much blaming Martin if Druitt has been killed off! Grrr! I know he likes his jeopardy, but he doesn't actually write the show (Except for the occasional ep, like Icebreaker ) He didn't kill Ashley off either

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        Laurie, not everyone wants to know about that conversation - which is why we've been discussing it in spoilers

@ Nad

Druitt

Spoiler:
        Before I read the article, I saw someone pretty much blaming Martin if Druitt has been killed off! Grrr! I know he likes his jeopardy, but he doesn't actually write the show (Except for the occasional ep, like Icebreaker ) He didn't kill Ashley off either
        General Martin & Sanctuary:

Spoiler:
        Yes, it does seem a trend to Blame Martin. It's not like he's the only one deciding.
        And even if he was... I thought killing off Ashley was a good thing story wise. Characters should face jeopardy. It's a dangerous job. How could there never be fatalities? They can't have faulty medic procedures on the show, but everyone *is* expected to live?

*thinks*

They even dared to de-vamp Tesla!
        That sure made watching the show a tense thing to do.
        And all the Hair on the show!
        Do you guys have any idea how many times I had to scream ''Watch the Hair! OMG, watch the Hair! It's vulnarable people!!!''

Imagine the ep where Martin decides to harm Helen and Niko's Hair.
        Who wood care about killing off characters then? I woodn't.

*shakes head*

*blinks*
        Yeah... Not sure how that happened. I blame Christmas carols.
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

You know Nad, I do worry about where your mind goes sometimes

Hair

Spoiler:
          Of course, I'd be more concerned if it was a hair on Martin's head that was in jeopardy

But of course, that's just me

Comment

You know Nad, I do worry about where your mind goes sometimes

Me too.

Hair

Spoiler:
            Of course, I'd be more concerned if it was a hair on Martin's head that was in jeopardy

But of course, that's just me
            Good golly, stop scaring the class!

Though if it were to happen on screen, it'd mean we got a proper cameo.
            ...Not that I'd like Martin's Hair to be in jeopardy...

It'd make some good TV.
            Helen Magnus kicking bum to safe Abnormal Wood's Hair.

*wonders if 'Abnormal' is a promotion from 'Major'*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
              Me too.

Good golly, stop scaring the class!

Though if it were to happen on screen, it'd mean we got a proper cameo.
              ...Not that I'd like Martin's Hair to be in jeopardy...
              I think I could cope - as long as nothing actually happened to it. It wood be worth the stress to get a decent cameo from him

It'd make some good TV.
              Helen Magnus kicking bum to save Abnormal Wood's Hair.

*wonders if 'Abnormal' is a promotion from 'Major'*

I'm trying really hard not to fantasize about imagine what kind of Abnormal he could be........

Acolyte

Spoiler:
              I mean, there were those ones that Magnus and Will were off to see at the beginning of Acolyte.....

Comment

Evening all

I slept for 11 hours straight last night Woohoomeets are exhausting

Druitt
                Spoiler:
                Hmm. Interesting interview. It's strange to hear something like that said so baldly in an interview when it was much more ambiguous on screen and there hasn't been anything said clearly in the show. I didn't think he was dead, or interpret what happened as a death scene at the time, but I guess thinking back on it you also couldn't say with certainty that he wasn't. Druitt has seemed oddly absent this season, not just physically but also in terms of other characters talking about him, but then again the Magnus we're seeing now has lived 113 years since that day, so it's not like it's a fresh memory for her which is going to emotionally effect her in her day-to-day existence.

Parts of fandom will freak out because parts of fandom always do. But thinking about it, Druitt was always slated for some kind of redemptive death (because there was no way he was going to get a redemptive future), and it's not like it precludes him coming back - there's always the possibility of flashbacks if nothing else. It does seem rather a low key, almost lame ending for him though, especially if it only becomes clear when the actor comes out and says it, and I think Druitt as a character and a storyline deserved better than that.

That was less-than-coherent, sorry...
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Coherent enough for me, Josi.

I think I could cope - as long as nothing actually happened to it. It wood be worth the stress to get a decent cameo from him

I'm trying really hard not to fantasize about imagine what kind of Abnormal he could be........

Acolyte

Spoiler:
                  I mean, there were those ones that Magnus and Will were off to see at the beginning of Acolyte.....

If I recall correctly...

Acolyte:
                  Spoiler:
                  ... they were talking about abnormals who licked smeared food off each other? While being watched?

It'd work.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                    Evening all

They certainly are - I slept 8 hours last night but still found myself falling asleep this afternoon

Druitt
                    Spoiler:
                    Hmm. Interesting interview. It's strange to hear something like that said so baldly in an interview when it was much more ambiguous on screen and there hasn't been anything said clearly in the show. I didn't think he was dead, or interpret what happened as a death scene at the time, but I guess thinking back on it you also couldn't say with certainty that he wasn't. Druitt has seemed oddly absent this season, not just physically but also in terms of other characters talking about him, but then again the Magnus we're seeing now has lived 113 years since that day, so it's not like it's a fresh memory for her which is going to emotionally effect her in her day-to-day existence.

Parts of fandom will freak out because parts of fandom always do. But thinking about it, Druitt was always slated for some kind of redemptive death (because there was no way he was going to get a redemptive future), and it's not like it precludes him coming back - there's always the possibility of flashbacks if nothing else. It does seem rather a low key, almost lame ending for him though, especially if it only becomes clear when the actor comes out and says it, and I think Druitt as a character and a storyline deserved better than that.

That was less-than-coherent, sorry...
                    Perfectly coherent, and I totally agree.

Druitt

Spoiler:
                    If the viewers thought he was dead, how come it took an interview with CH to bring on the furore? No, I think he was just stirring

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                    Coherent enough for me, Josi.

If I recall correctly...

Acolyte:
                    Spoiler:
                    ... they were talking about abnormals who licked smeared food off each other? While being watched?

It'd work.

Acolyte

Spoiler:
                    ...... as part of their mating ritual - exactly! Just the sort of foreplay I like Although I'm not sure that I'd actually want to watch

*cough*

Comment

Evening all

Ah bless. Glad you got caught up on your sleep.

All I got from the non Druitt or Biggie centric stuff (which I haven't clicked but I pray to whatever deity happens to be casually eavesdropping isn't speculation on a Druitt/Biggie romance... coz I know our PTB are awesome but poor Chris... then again he might just love himself *that* much. ) was that fandom is being typically fandomesque as usual.

er... anyway. I also got something about hair (and I hope it wasn't something about Martin's falling out coz... nah, that'll never happen. ) and somthing about roundabouts.
                      In the U.S. what scant few they have are called traffic circles - or at least they were in 1992 when we went round one in California the wrong way. The problem with roundabouts over here is we're generally not happy with just a big circle that you take your life into your hands trying to cross. Oh no. We like to complicate them by doing this to them:

Yes, you may go "what the ..." now. That one is in the Westcountry but there's one very similar just up the road from me. Always fun cutting up some numpty who got into the wrong lane on it. No wonder poor Daniel leads Woody and Jumble a merry old dance on them.

Well done Tjinta! You must be a very proud Dogmommy Jann.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ah, Swindon's Magic Roundabout I have a friend who lives in Swindon. To get to hers, I have to drive across that thing. I never know what the heck I'm supposed to be doing, so just take a deep breath and plunge off in the general direction and hope I get out the other side unscathed
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Max called it a traffic circle, so I guess they are still called that

That one ^^ is quite tame compared to some of the ones Daniel took us on - and what gets me is that you can't see the signposts until you've already committed to a specific lane - generally the wrong one

Nononono! Martin's hair must not fall out

Or any more of it anyway

Comment

Nad!! Your pm box is full - again

Comment

Evening all

I don't know how I got through yesterday on only a couple hours of sleep, but somehow I did. It was soooo worth it.

The only sad thing is how fast it goes - WooHoomeets just fly by!

We put some Christmas decorations up today - we had no string, so being a bunch of MacGyver's, we've used old headphone cables, and hung them using the actual headphones (those big headphones that cover your whole ear and then some).
                              sigpic
                              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Acolyte

Spoiler:
                                ...... as part of their mating ritual - exactly! Just the sort of foreplay I like Although I'm not sure that I'd actually want to watch

*cough*
                                *blinks*

Nad!! Your pm box is full - again
                                I'm sorry!
                                People keep sending me things!

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                                We put some Christmas decorations up today - we had no string, so being a bunch of MacGyver's, we've used old headphone cables, and hung them using the actual headphones (those big headphones that cover your whole ear and then some).
                                Heh
                                *high fives*

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X