X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    ''Find another vet'' is much more fun

Are there many vets in your area Jann?
    The thing is, when you're paying someone to take care of your dog's health and they're not listening to you and not checking when you think there may be a problem then they're not doing the job you're paying them for. If that makes sense Anywoo, a vet is someone you need to have confidence in, otherwise what's the point?

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
      Will have to give it some thought!

Okay, y'all, wish me luck! I have a phone interview with a practice in SoCal today. They want someone who can start ASAP, so let's see if it's a good fit. I'm nervous about giving up my Vancouver dream, but I know that this is definitely no longer a possibility for 2012 but they will keep my application for 2013 and I may be able to get the accelerated option then if I get this particular job.AaaaahhhH!
      *crosses fingers for MoB*
      sigpic
      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Don't pay too much attention to it, Jann. My vet does the same thing (mentioning how 'unhealthy the food is' while we have a very healthy and old dog. Like you said, they just want you to buy the stuff they sell for thrice the prize. You see your dog every day and you're probably wise enough by now to see how Tjinta is doing on a daily base. Keep mentioning the paw/hip check ups though. I can't see why they couldn't be done. It's not *that* much work
        Yeah it just annoyed me that she was doing that and I was just keeping quiet because I didn't want to create a fuss about it. Just rolled my eyes and vented at my mom later on, because mom doesn't like me feeding the "fresh" meat either(it's a whole drawer in the freezer filled with it ) but later on when I showed her the difference between both agreed with me. and also some other issues I had.

''Find another vet'' is much more fun

Are there many vets in your area Jann?
        Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        The thing is, when you're paying someone to take care of your dog's health and they're not listening to you and not checking when you think there may be a problem then they're not doing the job you're paying them for. If that makes sense Anywoo, a vet is someone you need to have confidence in, otherwise what's the point?
        Well there are enough vets in my area, but I do trust my vet. This was just the assistant not my vet I normally get. He always checks those things and also listens to her heart, looks at her eyes(she has often dirty eyes so he check that out) etc. It's just the assistant...
        The other parts is that the other vets I know in my area are worse.

It's the same thing that I have when I go to my doctor. I want my doctor...not her assistant.

EDIT: Oh I forgot to mention because this was only a check up for progress I didn't had to pay...so there was at least that! But I would have loved to pay to get my own vet. Next time....
        sigpic

Comment

This is true. It's kind of like dealing with people doctors.
          I woodn't want to have to deal with someone I don't trust to take good care of me.

EDIT: [dutchiemoment]Well... If it was free, Jann... [/dutchiemoment]
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I woodn't want to have to deal with someone I don't trust to take good care of me.

EDIT: [dutchiemoment]Well... If it was free, Jann... [/dutchiemoment]
            Yeah I know I was sooo Dutch over there. I was like "oh free check-up...nice!" But I had hoped it was better than this, because it said that they would check how the puppy had grown the last few months. Well...checking the body is one of the things you do then...

Dad just told me that I should worry about it.(he just came home) And that I do very well.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
              *flops into thread*
              Tired
              *curls up on the couch and goes to sleep*
              *hugs*

Originally posted by starlover View Post
              *huggles Woohoos*

Must vent a tiny bit...

I went to the vet today for a check up for Tjinta; she was completely healthy and had a good weight. 24,5 KG.(so around 50/60 pounds) but the assistant, who was doing the check up, asked me what I fed her and I give her one day a week fresh meat and all(very good for a dog). She didn't knew what it was but when I explained it, gave me a hard time and said it was bad...when all I read everywhere is that it's the best thing you can give a dog and way better than the normal dog food because of the way it is made(fresh). I shouldn't do it and it was only to make me feel good to give her some extra blah blah blah.
              The second thing was that the brand I use to fight off mosquitoes, ticks etc. wasn't good and efficient and I should use another one. I could buy that in there No thanks; I actually like the one I'm using and it works.
              As last when I had a question about Tjinta, that she runs a bit weird sometimes she only commented that I had to keep an eye on it. She didn't even check her paws or whatever to see if there is actually something wrong there(Labs have a big chance on having Hip dysplasia/HD(sp?)).
              Was a bit miffed about it and found it a waste of my time. Certainly since the reasons I went there weren't checked at all.(hips/paws)
              Hmpf.

After that I went to lunch with a friend so...that was good!
              Boo for 'vet', yay for lunchie times!

My interview go postponed until tomorrow because she had someone in labor and 3 ppl in the office while the other mw went to the labor! I guess that's why they need a 3rd!

Also got a call from a recruiter today, so there's lots of opportunity. I just need to leave my type A at the door for the next 16 hours, lol.
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Exactly... best go change my GP then.

(actually, there is one at my practice who is half decent; the rest are a bit of a liability!)

*huggles* Jann. I have to say, vets do have a way of persuading you to spend money you don't need to. Hey ho.

MOB I do so admire your spirit. You've had a blow to your future plans and you've picked yourself up and just gone out and done what you need to do. So many would roll over and give up in the same position. *huggles*

Nad loving the collection.

Ok that's put me in mind to see a little "when TPB met the Awesome Woohoos" picspam. In other words, if anyone has pictures of meeting cast and crew - or signed pics they have pics of - come on, share them and the story of how they came about.

Er... not you Jumble we all know about you and your adventures in Vancouver. ...

... oh ok then, you can play too
                sigpic

Comment

Good evening WooHoos!

good luck MoB! Immensely proud of your get up and go about going after jobs all over the country! You're a braver woman than I am.

Rather irritating about the vet's assistant. Sounds as if she was just trying to sell their brand of dog food. Not right that she didn't check for hip dysplasia though. That should be on every well-visit.

Tonight's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Sorry, but I really need to rant.

So this convention that I am going to this weekend is one of 3 put on by the same company in the same hotel. We bought reserved seats for the weekend for the 'Tri-Con'

The schedule came out today and for some reason they have put Ryan Robbin's Q&A in the Stargate Con room (though he is listed as a guest of the 'Tri-Con'). They say they will let those from the 'Tri-Con' into see RyRo, but I won't have my reserved seat! We will have to sit in the general admission seats. Not cool.

I am angry. We paid for reserved seats to sit in during the Q&A sessions for *all* the guests listed for the convention. If they had wanted him to speak at the SG con, then why the heck didn't they just put him as a guest for that con!

Gah.

Comment

that's false advertising at the very least - taking your money under false pretenses. The old "bait and switch" practices that are supposed to be outlawed. I'd be mad too. Rightfully so!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                        that's false advertising at the very least - taking your money under false pretenses. The old "bait and switch" practices that are supposed to be outlawed. I'd be mad too. Rightfully so!
                        Yeah, we plan to let them know we are *not* happy at all about the switch. Sure it's just one guest, but it's the guest that is on the top of my list and there are only 8 guests total (1 that was only in 2 episodes of Eureka). And like you said - false advertizing.

Comment

*hugs Antoa* You're right to be upset.... Strange to have RyRo as a guest on stargate con Or maybe he was on Atlantis and I don't remember him?

*hugs Jann and Tinja* I've never had an experience like that and we had dogs my whole life. That's... I have no words.

@ Nolamom's little wisdom of the day.
                          sigpic
                          Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                            My interview go postponed until tomorrow because she had someone in labor and 3 ppl in the office while the other mw went to the labor! I guess that's why they need a 3rd!

Also got a call from a recruiter today, so there's lots of opportunity. I just need to leave my type A at the door for the next 16 hours, lol.
                            Good to hear you have a few opportunities! I hope you get one quickly!
                            Originally posted by antoa View Post
                            Sorry, but I really need to rant.

So this convention that I am going to this weekend is one of 3 put on by the same company in the same hotel. We bought reserved seats for the weekend for the 'Tri-Con'

The schedule came out today and for some reason they have put Ryan Robbin's Q&A in the Stargate Con room (though he is listed as a guest of the 'Tri-Con'). They say they will let those from the 'Tri-Con' into see RyRo, but I won't have my reserved seat! We will have to sit in the general admission seats. Not cool.

I am angry. We paid for reserved seats to sit in during the Q&A sessions for *all* the guests listed for the convention. If they had wanted him to speak at the SG con, then why the heck didn't they just put him as a guest for that con!

Gah.
                            That's false advertising and unfair! I mean you paid for those seats and they suddenly change it. Ugh.

Nola that's awesome!

And thanks everyone for the understanding of my frustration yesterday. *huggles Woohoos*
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                              Exactly... best go change my GP then.

(actually, there is one at my practice who is half decent; the rest are a bit of a liability!)

*huggles* Jann. I have to say, vets do have a way of persuading you to spend money you don't need to. Hey ho.

MOB I do so admire your spirit. You've had a blow to your future plans and you've picked yourself up and just gone out and done what you need to do. So many would roll over and give up in the same position. *huggles*

Nad loving the collection.

Ok that's put me in mind to see a little "when TPB met the Awesome Woohoos" picspam. In other words, if anyone has pictures of meeting cast and crew - or signed pics they have pics of - come on, share them and the story of how they came about.

Er... not you Jumble we all know about you and your adventures in Vancouver. ...

... oh ok then, you can play too
                              You've finally seen enough of my Martin hugs? Aw

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                              *hugs Antoa* You're right to be upset.... Strange to have RyRo as a guest on stargate con Or maybe he was on Atlantis and I don't remember him?
                              Yep, he was in several eps of Atlantis, as was Chris Heyerdahl

*hugs Antoa* You let them know loud and clear that you're not happy! I'm sure you're not the only one

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

I yell 'stay' at non-living objects too. But it does help.
                                Ever since I saw Toy Story, I believe things live when we're not watching them

*hugs Antoa* You let them know loud and clear that you're not happy! I'm sure you're not the only one
                                Oh yeah. I'd say unite.
                                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X