The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    'Saint' Martin! Wood you like to share that poem with us Sil?
    uhm, yeah but it's just a poem about Autumn time:

La nebbia agli irti colli
    piovigginando sale,
    e sotto il maestrale
    urla e biancheggia il mar;

ma per le vie del borgo
    dal ribollir de' tini
    va l'aspro odor dei vini
    l'anime a rallegrar.

Gira su' ceppi accesi
    lo spiedo scoppiettando:
    sta il cacciator fischiando
    su l'uscio a rimirar

tra le rossastre nubi
    stormi d'uccelli neri,
    com'esuli pensieri,
    nel vespero migrar.

the translation (sort of...)

The mist over the steep hillocks rises drizzling
    and the sea screams and whitens under the Mistral;
    but the sour smell of wine from the boiling barrels
    makes one's soul rejoice in the hamlet's streets.
    Over the burning logs the skewer is turning and crackling,
    and the hunter stays on his threshold, whistling
    and beholding the flocks of black birds who
    migrate through reddish clouds in the evening , like exiled thoughts.
    sigpic
    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Hey, I'm in LA too! Wait, Antoa is as well? All we need is MoB and it's a party.

Cool! I live near some WooHoo's!
      Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
        Hey, I'm in LA too! Wait, Antoa is as well? All we need is MoB and it's a party.

Cool! I live near some WooHoo's!
        I just booked my flight for a visit in mid Dec. We should meet up for a coffee/tea.
        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
          I just booked my flight for a visit in mid Dec. We should meet up for a coffee/tea.
          Name the date!
          Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
            Name the date!
            I'll talk to Antoa and we'll get back to you. Yay!
            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Thank you for crossing fingers... and appropriate things.

Jumble, I'll PM you I'll say on here that it's a rail company.
              sigpic
              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Good Evening WooHoos!

Tough news MoB...but looks like you have options which is a very positive thing!
                I like that poem Sil -it does remind me of autumn.

Grades were due today - report cards go out next week. I graded like a fiend. Seems like every kid wanted to turn in weeks worth of work late all on one day. Only had 6 students fail, which was good. Three of them hadn't turned in much work all grading period, when they showed up to class at all so I didn't have much pity for them.

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Rejection seems to be my way of life these days.....Need to change my luck and I don't mean from bad to worse!
                  sigpic

Comment

*cheers MoB for continuing to kick serious butt!* Bam! Take that, setbacks

Picked up my brother from the airport today! Hooray! good quality sibling funtime!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Sinterklaas!!!!!!!

*bounces*
                      *hugs WooHoos*

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Happy Saturday Morning WooHoos!
                        I'm happy it's the weekend. I've already gotten two chapters of notes outlined for sociology classes for the next week or so and it's only 9:30 am. happiness. Now I just need to read a few chapters in my book on motivating students and I'll be all set.

Hope that everyone is having a wonderful day. If not - eat some chocolate or some cheesecake - that's bound to help! (Couldn't hurt, right?)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                          Rejection seems to be my way of life these days.....Need to change my luck and I don't mean from bad to worse!
                          Hugs for a change in luck.

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                          Cool! What did you learn?

We will have to do a step about! Or we can pull in Shirt N'Tie and some other unsuspecting people and do some ceili. Seige of Ennis is always a fun one Brush up on your 3's and 7's

Gah I miss Irish dance!
                          Can't wait for the dance recital at AT6.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                          11am, 11/11/11 - Lest we forget.
                          Originally posted by Nolamom View Post

Love you WooHoos - Remembering all our fallen.
                          Spent yesterday doing just that, in particular my 3 uncles who gave their lives for our benefit.

Hey Woohoos,

Dropping in to share. I got some bad news yesterday. The BC midwifery bridging program I was accepted to did not get provincial funding for 2012. What that means for me is that my entry into the program is delayed at least until may, but possibly until january 2013. Obviously this was a devastating blow to my plans. Things are very much up in the air right now. I am seriously considering following my desire to go work in a developing country to help improve maternal-child health through expanding midwifery. But I am also considering a job either in NYC or LA because, at 37, my childbearing time is limited and I do want to have a baby if I am able. I am seeking and searching and hoping that this closed door will lead to a wide open window. Good woohoo vibes are requested and appreciated.

Xo
                          I have, I have! I have discovered that therre is the possibility I could get assessed in Alberta or Manitoba and then go to BC in a year. I have also applied for jobs doing full scope in northern Washington and there's one that looks interesting in Cooperstown NY. Also applied to planned parenthood to do family planning (which I love) in Seattle and LA. We shall see what transpires in the next few weeks.
                          Sorry to hear about the wrench in your plans. (((MOB)) However, if you end up coming my way, be sure and let me know. Happy to help you out in any way possible.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Sorry, not very talkative these days. But letting you all know I still exist. Just bought one of the S4K books. Someone on a different thread said they were sold out. Either they were wrong or they added some more.

The weather is turning colder these days and snow is falling in the mountains and passes finally. Starting to look like fall/winter which is cool. Time to put summer clothes away and bring out the cool weather stuff - only slightly different! Not much else happening.

Trying to set up my Social Security (done) and two small retirements (one too soon and other one messed up - trying to straighten out). Will be nice to have money coming in finally....its been a very long time.

So now you have heard my "exciting" life! Woopee! Wish I could go to Anderson's with everyone! such really great food. I guess in about a year I can do that!

Bye for now!
                            sigpic

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

Wow, quiet day!
                              No opinions on Robin's directing?

Originally posted by llp View Post
                              *sends luck changing good vibes*
                              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Hello all! I am feeling much better today after a rough day yesterday - got hit with a 24hr flu bug. Gah. Not fun.

LadyGalaxyJ- I am all for dancing at AT6 - no need to convince me

Pol - I am indeed in L.A. - the Valley, just up the street from Universal Studios. Would love to get coffee with you and MoB when she visits!

*hugs to MoB* Glad to hear that some prospects are popping up. Sucks to have your plans all messed up though.

Comment

Working...
                                X