No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm...I didn't knew it was a remembrance day today for the fallen.

In the Netherlands 11/11 is the start of "carnival" and they start preparing everything for it. (this is especially in the south) So...totally different in here.
    sigpic

Comment

Hey Woohoos,

Dropping in to share. I got some bad news yesterday. The BC midwifery bridging program I was accepted to did not get provincial funding for 2012. What that means for me is that my entry into the program is delayed at least until may, but possibly until january 2013. Obviously this was a devastating blow to my plans. Things are very much up in the air right now. I am seriously considering following my desire to go work in a developing country to help improve maternal-child health through expanding midwifery. But I am also considering a job either in NYC or LA because, at 37, my childbearing time is limited and I do want to have a baby if I am able. I am seeking and searching and hoping that this closed door will lead to a wide open window. Good woohoo vibes are requested and appreciated.

Xo
      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Morning Woohoos!

Originally posted by antoa View Post
        Cool! What did you learn?

We will have to do a step about! Or we can pull in Shirt N'Tie and some other unsuspecting people and do some ceili. Seige of Ennis is always a fun one Brush up on your 3's and 7's

Gah I miss Irish dance!
        Didn't learn any dance in particular, only a few steps. Most of my group has never done Irish. (The little Irish I've done was outside the program.) But even though it wasn't complicated I did love it! It'd been a long time.

We do need to do a few steps together at AT6! Anything will do! I can even bring the right shoes. And if there are steps I haven't learned, you can always show me. I'm a fast learner!

MoB - This certainly throws a wrench in your plans. I'm definitely sending positive vibes your way for the job and the future baby. Be strong. You can do it.
        sigpic
        Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
        My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
        Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
          Hey Woohoos,

Dropping in to share. I got some bad news yesterday. The BC midwifery bridging program I was accepted to did not get provincial funding for 2012. What that means for me is that my entry into the program is delayed at least until may, but possibly until january 2013. Obviously this was a devastating blow to my plans. Things are very much up in the air right now. I am seriously considering following my desire to go work in a developing country to help improve maternal-child health through expanding midwifery. But I am also considering a job either in NYC or LA because, at 37, my childbearing time is limited and I do want to have a baby if I am able. I am seeking and searching and hoping that this closed door will lead to a wide open window. Good woohoo vibes are requested and appreciated.

Xo
          *huggles MoB and sends massive good vibes*

That's a heck of a blow But it could just be that you're not supposed to go through the door - the open window could offer you something better

Comment

WOW i was surprised to learn i am member number 7770. If only it had one more 7, it is one of my favorite numbers.

Although my post count doesn't really reflect how long i have been here. I tended to even after i joined just lurk alot.

That is why i am the 'Elusive WhoHoo'

MOB so sorry about your bad news. I am sure things will all work out in the end.
            sigpic
            Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

Hey Woohoos,

Xo
              Okay...enough of this for now. You have been offered options.....that is what counts. If you move to LA, you have Antoa there to help you settle in. If you decide to stay in NY - you have already established yourself. And if you move to Washington anywhere around Bellevue, I've offered you a place to stay until you find your own place. You have great skills and needed skills. You are one of the lucky ones that can still find employment in this lousy economy. You are also still young (and yes 37 is young - at least from my perspective ) - so enough wallowing in self pity (I've done enough of that recently for both of us).

Time of consider your options and make a decision...chose where you want to live for the next year until you can make that move to Canada....or chose a place you might want to try living at - that is up to you. You can still do your dancing....(actors) fighting....enjoying of life. You are never to old to make changes unless you want to be. If I can turn my life upside down at 60 you can certainly do it at 37.

So my friend - go out there an kick some butts! You have the abilities, the health, the looks, and hopefully the attitude to win! From what we have heard, seen and know, we expect nothing less.

.........steps down from soapbox, smiles , and goes in search of breakfast!
              sigpic

Comment

BTW - NALOMAN - I am number 32126 with 2.09 posts per day!

Thanks for the info on how to look! Now how do I do a .09 post to keep my average!
                sigpic

Comment

*huggles MOB*

Today it's San Martino = Saint Martin!!! ..ok, I'm probably the only one here who knows the lives of the Saints...you know, yearsssss of catechism...
                  Btw he's quite famous here!
                  and you say "Indian summer" when the weather is sunny and clear in November,we call it "Saint Martin's summer"!
                  There's also a poem called "Saint Martin" that every Italian child must learn at school!
                  sigpic
                  My vids Sig made by me

Comment

MoB *huggles* I'm sorry, that's such a blow! But like Jumble said, maybe this will lead to something else.

I applied to a job today that I really *really* want. So I'm gonna be crossing everything possible! But applying is experience, too.
                    sigpic
                    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                      Okay...enough of this for now. You have been offered options.....that is what counts. If you move to LA, you have Antoa there to help you settle in. If you decide to stay in NY - you have already established yourself. And if you move to Washington anywhere around Bellevue, I've offered you a place to stay until you find your own place. You have great skills and needed skills. You are one of the lucky ones that can still find employment in this lousy economy. You are also still young (and yes 37 is young - at least from my perspective ) - so enough wallowing in self pity (I've done enough of that recently for both of us).

Time of consider your options and make a decision...chose where you want to live for the next year until you can make that move to Canada....or chose a place you might want to try living at - that is up to you. You can still do your dancing....(actors) fighting....enjoying of life. You are never to old to make changes unless you want to be. If I can turn my life upside down at 60 you can certainly do it at 37.

So my friend - go out there an kick some butts! You have the abilities, the health, the looks, and hopefully the attitude to win! From what we have heard, seen and know, we expect nothing less.

.........steps down from soapbox, smiles , and goes in search of breakfast!
                      I have, I have! I have discovered that therre is the possibility I could get assessed in Alberta or Manitoba and then go to BC in a year. I have also applied for jobs doing full scope in northern Washington and there's one that looks interesting in Cooperstown NY. Also applied to planned parenthood to do family planning (which I love) in Seattle and LA. We shall see what transpires in the next few weeks.
                      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Popping by for my '69

*Huge huggles for MoB* That really sucks, I hope everything works out for you
                        sigpic
                        Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                          *huggles MOB*

Today it's San Martino = Saint Martin!!! ..ok, I'm probably the only one here who knows the lives of the Saints...you know, yearsssss of catechism...
                          Btw he's quite famous here!
                          and you say "Indian summer" when the weather is sunny and clear in November,we call it "Saint Martin's summer"!
                          There's also a poem called "Saint Martin" that every Italian child must learn at school!
                          'Saint' Martin! Wood you like to share that poem with us Sil?

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                          MoB *huggles* I'm sorry, that's such a blow! But like Jumble said, maybe this will lead to something else.

I applied to a job today that I really *really* want. So I'm gonna be crossing everything possible! But applying is experience, too.
                          Still got my fingers crossed for you So what is the job? Pm if you don't want to say here

I have, I have! I have discovered that therre is the possibility I could get assessed in Alberta or Manitoba and then go to BC in a year. I have also applied for jobs doing full scope in northern Washington and there's one that looks interesting in Cooperstown NY. Also applied to planned parenthood to do family planning (which I love) in Seattle and LA. We shall see what transpires in the next few weeks.
                          There you go - windows opening up all over the place

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                          Popping by for my '69

*Huge huggles for MoB* That really sucks, I hope everything works out for you

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

It's Sint Maarten today in Holland as well.
                            We have kids 'trick or treating' only worse than in the US...
                            They sing

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post

*crosses... things that are appropriate to cross*

*sends good vibes to MoB*
                            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Thanks for all the support, Woohoos! I was just feeling like the floor had been ripped out from under me for a bit. But I never stay down for long. I am aggressively exploring every opportunity at the mo. Xo
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the support, Woohoos! I was just feeling like the floor had been ripped out from under me for a bit. But I never stay down for long. I am aggressively exploring every opportunity at the mo. Xo
                                You go kick ass!
                                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X