Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    I wonder indeed...

Just back from singing in a massive concert of Mahler's 2nd symphony at the Town Hall. Such an amazing piece! Singing is just an awesome natural high Nothing like hitting a top B flat at absolute full volume with a huge choir around you and a massive orchestra in full flow... Wow.
    *bounces off the ceiling*
    YAY! So happy to hear it went well!
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      Working with that pic as we speak
      Not liking where mine is going. Quite like yours, it's effective!
      Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
      Fabulous! I love that pic. It's so playful.
      Thanks! I really like that one.

I wonder indeed...

Just back from singing in a massive concert of Mahler's 2nd symphony at the Town Hall. Such an amazing piece! Singing is just an awesome natural high Nothing like hitting a top B flat at absolute full volume with a huge choir around you and a massive orchestra in full flow... Wow.
      *attaches pillows to all surfaces to prevent injuries*

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!
      sigpic

Comment

ooh, Josi - that is my absolute favourite feeling! High Bbs and choirs! *huggles*
        sigpic

Comment

Sometimes I love it when no one is around....I can read through all that I have missed and enjoy it without having to make comments. I have been in my "hermit" stage recently....I like being alone, not having to talk with anyone and just enjoying the peace and serenity of life without humans! I might make a habit of this right now. Peace to all!
          sigpic

Comment

I know the feeling sometimes llp. Don't hermit too long - it can become a habit.

Another one of those Amanda pics...

sigpic

Comment

I wonder indeed...

Sounds amazing I know exactly what you mean, I used to love playing in orchestras and singing in choirs, around here though its just brass bands

Hang on, top Bflat?! As in almost 2 octaves above middle C? *iz in awe* (I'm a 2nd alto - just, after lots of rehearsal )
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                Sounds amazing I know exactly what you mean, I used to love playing in orchestras and singing in choirs, around here though its just brass bands

Hang on, top Bflat?! As in almost 2 octaves above middle C? *iz in awe* (I'm a 2nd alto - just, after lots of rehearsal )
                Octaves? Bflat? Middle c? That's like a foreign language to me All I know about my voice is that people tell me it's 'smoky'

Comment

Woohoo Josi! WTG!

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                  Octaves? Bflat? Middle c? That's like a foreign language to me All I know about my voice is that people tell me it's 'smoky'
                  Ditto for me! People only tell me "please don't sing"

Still haven't seen the new Sanctuary...will do so tonight!
                  sigpic

Comment

Yep. I'm a first soprano, love the high notes Not so fond of singing down low, like we had to at the start of the Mahler last night.

It means high, basically. Glass-shattering type note Heck of a feeling when you hit it
                    sigpic
                    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I'm with you on that Jumble. Although my daughter sings in shows and chorale. She's going to Greece next summer with her chorale group to perform. A couple of years ago they went to NYC (Madison Square Garden) and performed. She's very good, but I still don't know anything about music after all these years of listening to her.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                        Woohoo Josi! WTG!

I've never been asked not to sing, which surprises me

Still haven't seen the new Sanctuary...will do so tonight!
                        You'll love it!

Comment

WooHood!

Originally posted by llp View Post
                          Sometimes I love it when no one is around....I can read through all that I have missed and enjoy it without having to make comments. I have been in my "hermit" stage recently....I like being alone, not having to talk with anyone and just enjoying the peace and serenity of life without humans! I might make a habit of this right now. Peace to all!
                          *hugs*
                          Do come back to the campfire, though

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                          You're getting very good at this!

Originally posted by starlover View Post

People never tell me.
                          ...They just run.

I've never been asked not to sing, which surprises me
                          Yes you have.
                          I remember it so clearly...

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*giggles* I just read this out, and Katie says "Jumble, Sarai and Josi.....you're OK Mum, don't worry."

ROFL *wonder's who she meant......*

Shocked! Shocked I tell you, what on earth could have given her that impression?!

Comment

*rolls back in*
                              Posts. This thread could use some...

This one may be somewhat over-arty, but that picture hates me.

*rolls back out*
                              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

People never tell me.
                                ...They just run.
                                This is true

Yes you have.
                                I remember it so clearly...

Ah, but that was because of the song, not the singing

Originally posted by Sarai View Post

Shocked! Shocked I tell you, what on earth could have given her that impression?!

The problem is, Katie has yet to meet any other WooHoos so doesn't realise that we three are the sanest ones

Comment

Working...
                                X