The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YAY! Well done Bekki *squishy huggles*

MoB just to show my total ignorance, what exactly is 'steampunk'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      YAY! Well done Bekki *squishy huggles*

MoB just to show my total ignorance, what exactly is 'steampunk'?

To make it less complicated, here's the Wiki entry on steampunk.

You remember this costume?
      Spoiler:

Steampunk.

Think sci-fi + steam power + victorian-esque aesthetic.
      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
        To make it less complicated, here's the Wiki entry on steampunk.

You remember this costume?
        Steampunk.

Think sci-fi + steam power + victorian-esque aesthetic.
        Ah, I see

Comment

I should mention that Josi had a hand in helping me come up with a concept that turned this from 'cool idea' into 'really interesting story.'

sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

I should mention that Josi had a hand in helping me come up with a concept that turned this from 'cool idea' into 'really interesting story.'

Can't wait to see it

I guess I should really go to bed - it's almost 5am

Comment

Greg deployed a new fix to GW to update the timezone problem and now the list of who's in the thread is messed up - it just says "Array" instead of the names of the members.
              sigpic

Comment

Aw, you're welcome! It was fun, bouncing ideas on the boat and over beers at McSorleys Really can't wait to see it come to fruition!
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                  I know you just HAVE to artwork with them. They don't give you a choice I love what you did with them though! Gorgeous!
                  True And thanks

Originally posted by Bekki View Post

The show went really well People said it was one of the least self-indulgent shows they'd ever seen, and that's the best feedback I think I could hear, so yay!!!
                  Niiice!

Hi Woohoos!

We're getting ready to start a fundraising campaign for a really cool webseries. It's steampunk, woman-centered, and full of moral questions (and I wrote it, ). We're not starting the fundraising JUST yet, but hopefully within the week. What I'm looking for now, is for sci-fi fans to make a short video of themselves (via webcam or whatever) saying what they'd like to see in such a series. I'll edit your wish lists together to reflect what we are doing in a final video that will be featured on the IndieGoGo fundraising page.

Message me if you'd like to help out. We'll be sure to thank you on the series web page!
                  Sounds pretty cool

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                  Greg deployed a new fix to GW to update the timezone problem and now the list of who's in the thread is messed up - it just says "Array" instead of the names of the members.
                  Hm. Seems ok now. I do find it kind of funny that with fixing things comes breaking things.
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Hi Woohoos!

We're getting ready to start a fundraising campaign for a really cool webseries. It's steampunk, woman-centered, and full of moral questions (and I wrote it, ). We're not starting the fundraising JUST yet, but hopefully within the week. What I'm looking for now, is for sci-fi fans to make a short video of themselves (via webcam or whatever) saying what they'd like to see in such a series. I'll edit your wish lists together to reflect what we are doing in a final video that will be featured on the IndieGoGo fundraising page.
                    Awesome news! Sounds like it would be an interesting webseries

*waves warmly to all*

Finally finished filling in my 20page form - and I think I did rather well not to have a MASSIVE rant about it

Rewarded myself by watching the latest Sanctuary ep

Resistance:
                    Spoiler:
                    Did anyone else really enjoy the Henry/Nikola interaction in this episode? As most of you are probably aware by now I'm a major Helen/Niko shipper and usually any episode they're in together that's what I focus on the most. So it was a nice surprise for me to find myself more engrossed in Henry/Nikola's interactions!
                    * he actually seems to take notice and give some weight to what Henry's saying to him (about how he's upset Helen etc.)
                    * Henry kinda puts Niko in his place and then Niko actually sort of apologises really doesn't he, and congratulates Henry/Erica on having a baby (mazel tov?)
                    * Henry pushing Nikola out of the way of the abnormal - which I should also add I really liked the look of this episodes abnormal
                    * Nikola going to save Henry and bring him back (which counts some way towards an apology to Helen I think) - although I did wonder why Tesla used a knife to get Henry out - surely he could have got him out quicker with his claws? *ponders* or perhaps that's just my wishful thinking because I like his claws

And of course, it was the Nikola Tesla we've all come to know and love - that there really was a genuine desire to help at the base of his plans, they just always go pearshaped

And I'm really glad they had that little bit at the end showing Tesla actually is on their side
                    sigpic
                    ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Sanctuary Resistance:

Spoiler:
                      [fangurl moment] *long happy sigh* [/fangurl moment]

Loved the ep. It wasn't action packed and super awesome, but it was a lovely character ep. I really like pairing Helen, Henry and Niko. It's part of why this ep worked for me. Also, I adored the way the friendship between Helen and Tesla showed and I don't even mean that in a shippy way.

I did feel Will fell flat again. I still have hope for him this season, but this one was another case of 'the grown ups steal the show again'. . It wasn't his fault though. I was disracted by the Awesome One in the other storyline.

Tesla. Yum.

I LOVE Sanctuary S4.
                      *nods*
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Amy?
                        I do kind of expect a full report on the first thing you mentioned about Resistance on that other thread now...

*high fives for finishing the 20pageform.*

Re: Resistance

Spoiler:
                        Use his claws? Nah, what if he breaks a nail?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                          Amy?
                          I do kind of expect a full report on the first thing you mentioned about Resistance on that other thread now...

*high fives for finishing the 20pageform.*

Re: Resistance

Spoiler:
                          Use his claws? Nah, what if he breaks a nail?
                          I seriously surprised myself with where my focus was for this episode

*high fives back*

Spoiler:
                          Ahhh yeah he wouldn't want to break a nail.... but it'd grow back
                          sigpic
                          ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
                            I seriously surprised myself with where my focus was for this episode

*high fives back*

Spoiler:
                            Ahhh yeah he wouldn't want to break a nail.... but it'd grow back
                            It's not *that* surprising to me. I thought it was pretty cool too...

sigpic

Comment

Resistance
                              Spoiler:
                              Loved it! Sanctuary S4 is seriously rocking it again - talk about fully back on top form

Tesla is one of those characters (and JY one of those actors) who just steals the show whenever he's in it. I would say more Tesla, please, but actually I think we get just about the right amount of him - he's all the more magnificent for only being an occasional treat, I reckon And I just adore his interaction with Magnus - I totally ship them, but not in the oh I really want them together way and not, you know, exclusively I just love their relationship - there's such understanding and affection and grudging respect between them, and AT and JY play it perfectly.

I really like Tesla with Henry as well, as Amy said, that really works splendidly, and I loved the way they broke up the group this episode, with Henry going off with Helen and Tesla, and Will back with Biggie - nice to see it that way around for a change.

I agree with Nad that Will still fell a bit flat here (sigh), but I loved Biggie this ep too
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Resisitance
                                Spoiler:

I do love the Henry/Tesla interaction.

Will was in this episode? I guess I have to watch it again, lol.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X