X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening Woohoos

Interesting discussion on Monsoon.
    Spoiler:
    I agree it's a real shame that the episode has been somewhat overshadowed by the kiss, but it was inevitable the second they decided to do it. What I liked about the kiss was that they just did it and didn't make a big deal of it within the episode itself, however unfortunately there are still a lot of people who automatically will see it as a hugely controversial thing, hence, bam, all the fuss. I can't imagine that they didn't know that and as someone said, any publicity is a good thing in terms of all the stuff we prefer to think isn't actually relevant - the economics of the show rather than just the creative impulses. Ho hum. Hopefully as the fuss subsides then the episode will have more of a chance of standing on its own merits.

I have to agree that in general Sanctuary is back on its top form this season after a really shaky run in the latter half of S3. Much better!

And I think we should give ourselves a big collective pat on the back for once again demonstrating that the Woohoos are able to express opinions and disagree and also express discontent with things that we love in a respectful and considered fashion. That last in particular is quite a skill - we love Sanctuary, but no show is perfect, and when it isn't as good as it could be or when we don't like something about it we don't act as if it's somehow a personal affront or the end of the world, but rather just express our opinion in a calm and respectful way

Wow. That was serious. Quick, someone run nekkid or blow broccoli smoke everywhere before I crash GW
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*sighs, shakes head and runs nekkid for the team*

Josi is right, though. The discussion here didn't bother me at all. Our views don't differ that much, but I'm sure that if they did, we'd be able to handle that just fine.
      Last edited by DutchIndeed; 31 October 2011, 04:04 PM. Reason: Huge difference between ''just'' and ''ust''...
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
        Evening Woohoos

Interesting discussion on Monsoon.
        Spoiler:
        I agree it's a real shame that the episode has been somewhat overshadowed by the kiss, but it was inevitable the second they decided to do it. What I liked about the kiss was that they just did it and didn't make a big deal of it within the episode itself, however unfortunately there are still a lot of people who automatically will see it as a hugely controversial thing, hence, bam, all the fuss. I can't imagine that they didn't know that and as someone said, any publicity is a good thing in terms of all the stuff we prefer to think isn't actually relevant - the economics of the show rather than just the creative impulses. Ho hum. Hopefully as the fuss subsides then the episode will have more of a chance of standing on its own merits.

I have to agree that in general Sanctuary is back on its top form this season after a really shaky run in the latter half of S3. Much better!

And I think we should give ourselves a big collective pat on the back for once again demonstrating that the Woohoos are able to express opinions and disagree and also express discontent with things that we love in a respectful and considered fashion. That last in particular is quite a skill - we love Sanctuary, but no show is perfect, and when it isn't as good as it could be or when we don't like something about it we don't act as if it's somehow a personal affront or the end of the world, but rather just express our opinion in a calm and respectful way

Wow. That was serious. Quick, someone run nekkid or blow broccoli smoke everywhere before I crash GW
        I do not run nekkid, not for anyone

*blows broccoli smoke instead*

I'm sure the Sanctuary PTB wood be disappointed in us if we made only positive remarks - I'm sure they'd rather hear an honest reaction Nobody will strive to be better if the are constantly being told that they're already perfect

Although, of course, Martin is..........

mostly
        Last edited by Jumble; 31 October 2011, 04:31 PM. Reason: Nearly missed a 69 :eek:

Comment

good evening WooHoos!

congrats on the new car max! Mine's 10 years old now, but it looks great and runs like a top, so no plans to replace it.

I finally got the results on my observation. I rocked! Got an overall rating of "exceeds expectations" the highest possible evaluation! Not bad for a lesson on taxes...

A couple of bits of wisdom for today

sigpic

Comment

*waves*

I'm totally exhausted. First day at my new job. Amazing how long 12 hours feels during the day vs during the nights. Very nice people though. Also, everyone is super psyched that I'm a midwife, even though I won't be working in that capacity there. Interesting. I sense excitement to have the someone to hand the 'natural birthers' to.

Re Monsoon hoohah:
            Spoiler:

It is a shame that the kiss has overshadowed the rest of that very, very awesome episode, HOWEVER, I am convinced that TPTB knew EXACTLY what the response would be when they scripted it. Remember, Sanctuary's biggest audience is in the US. We are an EXTREMELY puritanical country despite our sex, drugs, and rock and roll. The only time you see same sex relationships (whether overtly sexual or implied) is on pay-cable stations like showtime or HBO and imports like Dr Who and Torchwood. You might hear about someone being gay or bisexual on a network show, but you'd never see anything. And this is BASIC CABLE. It's a huge thing. And MAD knew it, and knew it would be controverisal.

I happened to really feel the build of chemistry between Charlotte and Magnus right from the get go, so I was pretty psyched about the kiss. OTOH, to me, that was just the cherry on top of an all-around fabulous episode.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            Oooooh! That sounds like a good idea - although I'm afraid it might turn into a 'serious' discussion, and we can't have that

I'll start - I didn't like Ashley!
            I didn't NOT like Ashley. I just felt like TPTB missed the boat on exploring the mother-daughter relationship and just how complicated Magnus & Ashley's had to be. Because of that, she's been far more interesting in death than she ever was alive.

That being said, Kate had really grown on me, and I'm a little sad that Agam made the choice to move to LA and will only be in a few eps this year.
            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Happy Birthday Sarai

sigpic

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAI!!!!!

Comment

Happy Birthday Sarai!

Hope you'll have an awesome day!

*runs around nekkid in thread*
                  sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Sarai!!!!!!!!!
                    sigpic
                    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Happy Birthday Sarai!
                      sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday
                        Sarai
                        !!!

Hope it's awesome!
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

Yesterday was the last ever Martinair flight in the Netherlands. *nods*
                          Just a random Martin fact.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                          I finally got the results on my observation. I rocked! Got an overall rating of "exceeds expectations" the highest possible evaluation! Not bad for a lesson on taxes...
                          Well done!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                            *hugs WooHoos*

Yesterday was the last ever Martinair flight in the Netherlands. *nods*
                            Just a random Martin fact.
                            What?? No more Martinair??

That's it then, I'm not flying to the Netherlands

Well done!
                            Yes, very well done Nola! Told you not to worry

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                              What?? No more Martinair??

That's it then, I'm not flying to the Netherlands

But you could fly KLM.
                              It stands for ''Koninklijke Luchtvaart Martin'', which means Royal Air Martin.
                              *blinks*
                              OK, that's bull but it *could* stand for that if we wanted it to...

Or it could be ''Kingdom Loves Martin''.
                              ...or ''Keep Liking Martin''

*waits for it...*

Yes, very well done Nola! Told you not to worry
                              Another example of WooHoo knows best!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                                But you could fly KLM.
                                It stands for ''Koninklijke Luchtvaart Martin'', which means Royal Air Martin.
                                *blinks*
                                OK, that's bull but it *could* stand for that if we wanted it to...

Or it could be ''Kingdom Loves Martin''.
                                ...or ''Keep Liking Martin''

*waits for it...*
                                "Keep Lurking Martin"

"Keep LOVING Martin"

Another example of WooHoo knows best!

Comment

Working...
                                X