The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    I didn’t comment on Monsoon after I watched it last night because I was so angry – I decided I’d sleep on it before saying anything, but I’m still pretty ticked off this morning

Ok, Monsoon

Spoiler:
    I consider this to be one of the most intriguing, well written, well conceived, well acted (and directed ) and enjoyable episodes so far.

I must admit, I did suspect that Richard was not quite what he seemed very early on, and it was obvious to me that Charlotte was hiding something. Both actors did their jobs extremely well and kept me guessing almost to the end as to exactly what was going on with them.

The baddies being abnormals was a surprise, and interesting ones at that - very well done. I found it odd that they hadn’t heard of Magnus – surely every abnormal in the world knows who she is? But that wood have ruined the plot

LOVED the return of the Steno

So we had an intriguing, fast-moving plot, awesome bad guys/abnormals, lots of kick-ass Magnus, great B story, loads of action, big explosion (Martin does love his big bangs ) – an altogether brilliant ep IMO

Oh, and Magnus kissed a girl.

Which apparently is all this episode was about for the majority of fans that I’ve seen comment. I find that quite insulting to all the work and talent that went into the other 43 minutes and 50 seconds.

/rant.
    In response to you "rant" (which I so agree with) and comments:
    Spoiler:
    I knew this would happen. Because you don't see two women kissing each other like that often and because of AT's audience. But you are right. The kiss was cool and fun, but it made up less than a minute of time. The real show was the other 43 minutes which I totally agree with your comments and have stated as much - great script, great directing (or course - if was MW), and super acting. Well thought out, a little fun with the "steno" and some real kickass action by Helen (Amanda). Made for a great show with a very very short but interesting ending. Wish more people would comment about the first 43 minutes that really made the show sparkle!

BTW - stay off of Twitter if you don't want to know what all the commenting and spoilers are about. It is blasted all over their site with lots and lots of comments. Should cool down in a day or so!
    sigpic

Comment

Bree, sending so much love, hugs and best wishes for you guys. I really wish life wood give you a break

Comment

Oh, Bree... *sends lots of positive and healing vibes and huggles*
        sigpic
        Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Bree - you have posted a lifetime of problems into a few months. OMG - that is just too much for one person to have to deal with....I offer you both my prayers and best wishes. Char has to get that arm set before it heals the way it is. I had that happen to just a thumb and it is only good for about 50% of what it should be.....an arm...much much to important. There has to be a way to deal with it. This doesn't seem fair!
          sigpic

Comment

I am not sure where others are reading reactions to the ep but

Spoiler:
            I didn't see any 'ZOMG the kiss' posts with no other comment. Everything I have read have been much more thought out and not simply focusing on the kiss - commenting on the script and the directing and the characters and the episode overall. If those reactions are on twitter, then I can understand since you are limited to 140 characters.

Maybe I am just lucky. I tend to really only read (and care about) my friend's reactions to episodes. I have found that a huge chunk of Sanctuary fans are younger and tend to get riled up fairly easy, which I try and avoid.

And the kiss was the last thing we were shown in the ep and am sure TPTB were well aware of the kind of reaction it would get. And we are leading into sweeps month were ratings are even more important.

As for my reaction to the episode - it's pretty much all been said. It was a great ride. Very well written - get one-liners, lots of action, Will seems to be growing up and Abby is growing on me. And it was a beautiful episode. And I liked the explosions.

Comment

((((Bree & Char))))
              Still thinking of you two!

I have learnt and still am learning what it's like to have to take care of and live with someone with neurological problems. It's awful to have the brain not function the way it's supposed to and you run across so many physical and mental problems you might never have seen coming and the getting better part just isn't what you want it to be.
              I can imagine it's hard to have to deal with the frustration of it all. It never really stops.
              Especially with all the insurance trouble and you having to run the show by yourself, you have my respect. You guys must be two very strong women. *nods*
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                In response to you "rant" (which I so agree with) and comments:
                Spoiler:
                I knew this would happen. Because you don't see two women kissing each other like that often and because of AT's audience. But you are right. The kiss was cool and fun, but it made up less than a minute of time. The real show was the other 43 minutes which I totally agree with your comments and have stated as much - great script, great directing (or course - if was MW), and super acting. Well thought out, a little fun with the "steno" and some real kickass action by Helen (Amanda). Made for a great show with a very very short but interesting ending. Wish more people would comment about the first 43 minutes that really made the show sparkle!

BTW - stay off of Twitter if you don't want to know what all the commenting and spoilers are about. It is blasted all over their site with lots and lots of comments. Should cool down in a day or so!
                Monsoon

Spoiler:
                Re the bolded ^^. Really? It's that unusual? In the UK I doubt there's a single Soap that hasn't shown two women or two men kissing - and often more than that! I don't see it as unusual, which is why I don't understand what all the fuss is about

*sends love and hugs to Bree and Char*

Comment

Oh, btw Nad, that Michael McIntyre autobiography? GET IT! It's hilarious

Comment

Re Monsoon discussion:

Spoiler:
                    I really guess it's a mattter of where you live and even what your religious beliefs/ ways of life are. And I don't mean that in a bad way.
                    It's not unusual to see same sex kissing where I live either. I have gay and bisexual people on pretty much every corner of my street (that's a true statement ), so meh. It wasn't a shock to see some snogging there. Like I said, I thought the scene was just a moment in the ep.

I do wonder if TPTB really expected all this negativity. I don't know how liberal Canadians are in general when it comes to that. Amanda always spoke of it as if it wasn't a big deal to her... I'd think they'd have expected discussion, but in what way?

And Jumble, I should never have doubted Michael McIntyre.
                    Some comedians just aren't quite as funny in writing as they are on stage, but I should have known better this time

*puts it on the ''To Have List''*
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                      Re Monsoon discussion:

Spoiler:
                      I really guess it's a mattter of where you live and even what your religious beliefs/ ways of life are. And I don't mean that in a bad way.
                      It's not unusual to see same sex kissing where I live either. I have gay and bisexual people on pretty much every corner of my street (that's a true statement ), so meh. It wasn't a shock to see some snogging there. Like I said, I thought the scene was just a moment in the ep.

I do wonder if TPTB really expected all this negativity. I don't know how liberal Canadians are in general when it comes to that. Amanda always spoke of it as if it wasn't a big deal to her... I'd think they'd have expected discussion, but in what way?
                      Monsoon

Spoiler:
                      I haven't seen much negativity - quite the reverse. I just got ticked off that it seemed to be the only bit of the ep that everybody was talking about

No doubt it will also be the topic of many questions to Amanda at the next few cons she attends.

And Jumble, I should never have doubted Michael McIntyre.
                      Some comedians just aren't quite as funny in writing as they are on stage, but I should have known better this time

*puts it on the ''To Have List''*
                      I know what you mean, but MM writes pretty much the same as he speaks, so it's really funny

Comment

*huggles Bree and Char* I'll be thinking of you two and I hope you get this mess figured out really soon!

Okay...I tried to stay out and not say anything but...Monsoon
                        Spoiler:
                        I must say I really liked the episode and it was good on a few nitpicks, but I always have nitpicks in TV-series.

Buuuuut the kiss...I must admit I didn't like it. It's not that I have anything against lesbians/bi's I got a few close friends who are that and see it often enough on TV/RL

It just felt, for me, out of place...I didn't see any connection between the two so it felt weird Also knowing, from seeing spoilers(that I didn't want to see) that it isn't going to be a continues thing I don't see the point of it.

I know it's a big deal in the U.S. so I don't know why it was put in if it isn't going to get any follow up. Just for the shock? Viewers? Only to show that Helen doesn't only do men? Nah...I didn't like it.

Perhaps this will sound weird in the thread, since from what I have seen most people in here seemed to like it, but I just wanted to share my opinion and that I do understand, till a certain point, why people didn't like it.

I also understand that this bit is now overshadowing the episode. Which is sad, because it was such a great episode but will now not been seen like this by a certain amount of people.

I'm also curious if this will have any effect on ratings...
                        sigpic

Comment

Monsoon

Spoiler:
                          I haven't seen much negativity - quite the reverse. I just got ticked off that it seemed to be the only bit of the ep that everybody was talking about

No doubt it will also be the topic of many questions to Amanda at the next few cons she attends.
                          Like I said before, I should have stayed on GW. Opinions here are quite nice

Monsoon
                          Spoiler:
                          It's too bad, 'cause it was a cool kick bum ep and frankly... that scene shouldn't have been the most memorable one, but I can see why people are discussing it.

I know what you mean, but MM writes pretty much the same as he speaks, so it's really funny
                          Awesome. That means that you can imagine his voice in your head while you're reading it
                          *blinks*
                          I wonder if he has ever done listening books? How cool wood that be? Him doing the Da Vinci Code or something...

EDIT: Jann, you almost sound apologetic for your opinion.
                          You don't have to, we're not *that* much of a cult. Plus *everything* sounds weird in this thread.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                            *huggles Bree and Char* I'll be thinking of you two and I hope you get this mess figured out really soon!

Okay...I tried to stay out and not say anything but...Monsoon
                            Spoiler:
                            I must say I really liked the episode and it was good on a few nitpicks, but I always have nitpicks in TV-series.

Buuuuut the kiss...I must admit I didn't like it. It's not that I have anything against lesbians/bi's I got a few close friends who are that and see it often enough on TV/RL

It just felt, for me, out of place...I didn't see any connection between the two so it felt weird Also knowing, from seeing spoilers(that I didn't want to see) that it isn't going to be a continues thing I don't see the point of it.

I know it's a big deal in the U.S. so I don't know why it was put in if it isn't going to get any follow up. Just for the shock? Viewers? Only to show that Helen doesn't only do men? Nah...I didn't like it.

Perhaps this will sound weird in the thread, since from what I have seen most people in here seemed to like it, but I just wanted to share my opinion and that I do understand, till a certain point, why people didn't like it.

I also understand that this bit is now overshadowing the episode. Which is sad, because it was such a great episode but will now not been seen like this by a certain amount of people.

I'm also curious if this will have any effect on ratings...
                            Monsoon

Spoiler:
                            I neither liked it nor disliked it, I agree it was fairly irrelevant to the rest of the ep and, I feel, has been blown way out of proportion Sadly, Monsoon will probably always be known as 'the ep where Magnus kissed a girl'

All opinions are welcome here, and you shouldn't be afraid to give us yours just because you think it's different from everybody else's - it's never stopped me

Like I said before, I should have stayed on GW. Opinions here are quite nice

Monsoon
                            Spoiler:
                            It's too bad, 'cause it was a cool kick bum ep and frankly... that scene shouldn't have been the most memorable one, but I can see why people are discussing it.

Awesome. That means that you can imagine his voice in your head while you're reading it
                            *blinks*
                            I wonder if he has ever done listening books? How cool wood that be? Him doing the Da Vinci Code or something...
                            Oh yes, I can definitely 'hear' him telling the story

I've been doing a little 'housekeeping' on my hard drives - turfing out stuff that's out of date or of no further use - and I came across this, and looking at the date (early 2010) it struck me just how accurate a lot of it turned out to be............

Spoilered for length only:

Spoiler:
                            04/01/2010

Your radiant good looks will attract admirers from every corner in July, and winning a special person's heart will be child's play this Summer.

This Summer, you'll have a rare opportunity to travel and study. Head for a glamorous and chic resort between June and September.

Sales, psychology, and graphic design are subjects you may want to explore as a means to climb the ladder of success.

You're one of those interesting women who may be confused by your own character. No one has any "in-between" feelings about you -- they either see you as very, very good or very, very bad! Either way, the LIMELIGHT is where you feel most at home.

Friends and family who are fond of you respect your talents and appreciate your compassion and willingness to help. They also admire your strength of character and positive, take-charge attitude. Some may admire your intense spirituality, and envy your unshakable faith that things WILL work out!

You're probably quite an attractive woman.

To those who know you, you're as solid as the Rock of Gibraltar! You're a 100 percent reliable and trustworthy woman.

You're quite a proud, brave and confident woman. At least, that's the impression you give to others. Even if on the inside you're a quaking bowl of Jell-O, the outside face you present is one of dynamic courage, independence and innovation!

Whoever coined the term "optimist," had you in mind, my friend! It's rare these days that one encounters a woman with as sunny an outlook on life as you have. There's no doubt about it: things get lively whenever you come round for a visit!

Comment

EDIT: Jann, you almost sound apologetic for your opinion.
                              You don't have to, we're not *that* much of a cult. Plus *everything* sounds weird in this thread.
                              I know I do...but it's partly because I sometimes find it hard to say anything bad about Sanctuary in this thread.

Monsoon

Spoiler:
                              I neither liked it nor disliked it, I agree it was fairly irrelevant to the rest of the ep and, I feel, has been blown way out of proportion Sadly, Monsoon will probably always be known as 'the ep where Magnus kissed a girl'
                              Spoiler:
                              That's the whole thing for me...it didn't fit there and it's just sad that this is overshadowing the episode so much right now.
                              When I first heard on FB that something "shocking" would happen in the end, I was quite excited. I hoped for a big plot twist that would have a lot of consequences for the rest of the season...to find out it was only this was disappointing to be honest.

Ashley coming back to the living. Now that would have been shocking to me. This...not so much, just disappointment for me.

All opinions are welcome here, and you shouldn't be afraid to give us yours just because you think it's different from everybody else's - it's never stopped me
                              I know, but what I mentioned above...it's sometimes hard to give my opinion in here about Sanctuary because I don't want to be the one that is being difficult. Already have that enough in RL with all kinds of things.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                                I know I do...but it's partly because I sometimes find it hard to say anything bad about Sanctuary in this thread.

Spoiler:
                                That's the whole thing for me...it didn't fit there and it's just sad that this is overshadowing the episode so much right now.
                                When I first heard on FB that something "shocking" would happen in the end, I was quite excited. I hoped for a big plot twist that would have a lot of consequences for the rest of the season...to find out it was only this was disappointing to be honest.

Ashley coming back to the living. Now that would have been shocking to me. This...not so much, just disappointment for me.

Monsoon

Spoiler:
                                Oh I know! I'd already heard about 'the kiss', so was waiting all through the ep for it to happen and become part of the story - didn't happen

I know, but what I mentioned above...it's sometimes hard to give my opinion in here about Sanctuary because I don't want to be the one that is being difficult. Already have that enough in RL with all kinds of things.
                                Oh, don't worry about that, we're all entitled to our opinions - if we all thought exactly the same it woodn't be much of a discussion wood it? And it's not mandatory to always like everything about Sanctuary - I wasn't afraid to go completely against the trend and say that I didn't like Pavor Nocturnus or Breach, and I didn't get blasted for it

*Hopes this isn't one of Martin's lurking days

Sorry Martin, I really didn't like Breach - but I LOVED Tempus and Monsoon

*huggles him to make up for it*

Comment

Working...
                                X