The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
    I did. I commented but maybe it got lost on the thread I LOVE IT!!!! I wish it was on my actual computer so I could rewatch whenever. Working on how to do that
    You can download it here

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      Oh, I'm not saying no-one should ever eat junk food, just that IMO young children shouldn't be fed it constantly - and it shouldn't be referred to as a 'treat' because that just makes it more desirable There should be a good balance, children should be encouraged to try all sorts of foods and educated as to which foods are better for them. That way they can at least make informed choices

*takes off Mom hat* (I did warn you not to get me started )

I have been known to eat the odd burger and chips, but not MacDonalds - I find their products frankly disgusting But as I said earlier, each to their own

*waves to MoB and Josi*
      I like MacDonalds everyone in a while, but not too often. I actually only like a few fast food chains, but in general not so much. I prefer to eat a home cooked meal. But in the past mainly my dad was one of "those" parents. I think he can't even bake an egg, so when mom was not around it was always fast food. Still...I think I ended up fine.
      Other than fish I'm like a garbage can and eat everything. Yum, Yum!

And what you said...each their own.

Now where's that bag of chips of mine
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
        Yes, but actually I told a porky, since I can count on the fingers of one hand (and still have that opposable thumb left to text with) the number of... oh never mind.
        I'll forgive you for telling the porky.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        You can download it here
        Thank you sooooo much. Yay, favourite video
        sigpic
        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Jumble Don't even start me on the whole junk food thing. You've pretty much described my cousin right there and, yes, you can imagine what her child (who is now a teenager) is like. It's frustrating. I don't even like MaccyD most of the time (er, although I am partial to a Subway on occasion ) I'm pleased to say Ben would rather eat sweetcorn, broccoli or carrots than chips, but, I'm not fussy about not letting him have a bit of junk or sweets or whatever; I just don't make a big deal of it if we do.
          Sadly a lot of parents don't seem to realise that they're shaping their childrens' futures with what they feed them in their first few years, and it's all too easy to let kids have what their friends have, and that includes all the latest toys, clothes, electronics, technology etc. Foodwise, I was brought up on a very unhealthy diet and I've been paying for it ever since Shame I didn't also get the latest toys, clothes.... etc

Sorry, one of my favourite hobbyhorses
          Last edited by Jumble; 19 October 2011, 12:49 PM.

Comment

A bit of boobling.....

..... and a bit of Martinspam.....

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
            I'll forgive you for telling the porky.
            Porkies and pasta? What is this thread coming to?

*looks around for Ickybah Police*

Thank you sooooo much. Yay, favourite video
            You're welcome - glad you like it
            Last edited by Jumble; 19 October 2011, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Thank you all for the good vibes. I'll let you know how it goes.

On a happy note though, remember my cousin from Toronto who was pregnant? It's a GIRL! As she had two boys before, everyone in the family is ecstatic! Not that a third boy wouldn't have been welcomed, but you know... We secretly all were wishing for a girl!

Re-Junk food: Until the age of 7 or so, I couldn't eat anything unhealthy - Doctor's orders. So, I simply didn't even like junk food/chips/desserts in my childhood. My parents did give me cake at my birthdays, but they told me I was eating the fruits on the cake, and not the actual cake. Now that I can eat it... I like it every one in a while, but not that much. It's a treat - that I take when I can't take anything else.

Desserts however... They're my biggest 'problem', but that's not the same thing.
              sigpic
              Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
              My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
              Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Hello WooHoos!

another busy day with the kiddos. I've been teaching about labor unions and gender issues this week in economics and sociology. I get observed next week by my vice principal, so I need to come up with some fantastic lesson on taxation - ugh!

Sounds like everything is going pretty well around here today. No big crisis or even minor ickybah. *strews huggles about*

Two bits of wisdom for today...

sigpic

Comment

Wow!!! Love that vid Jumble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3<3 *hugs Woohoos* Thanks for making it Really great! Iz feeling so nostalgic right now.

(((hugs Sil))) Such a cruel thing to do. Gah! But I'm glad that your friend is alive and well, and at least she knows the person who did it, so she can do something about it. Though, I doubt it'll make much difference

(((jumphugs Wendy, Amy and Cags))) Cause I haven't seen you in such a long time! Or at least it feels that way. LOL

((((squeeshy huggles Jann))) I sure hope things improve...

LGJ, sending positive vibes, and also flowers and candy. And ice cream. Let us know how it went.

MoB have fun at your con!

Congrats on your '69 Jumble!!! *giggles* Though there's not much point in congratulating you now, when tomorrow there'll be another one

Nolamom thanks for those bits of wisdom, always make me at least smile!

*snuggles Martin* Ah, yes. Now I can go to bed. But wont
                  sigpic
                  Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Goodness... things have been busy here while I've been gone! Yay lots to catch up on

Where have I been? (If y'all still remember me )Grad School is super busy! Have been learning lots, about myself and museums. As I suspected I am more of a front of the house (management, public outreach/education) type of museum person than a back of houser (collections manager/registrar). Cateloging and numbering are just not my things. Annnd in my back of house archaeology lab I had a major allergic reaction to the archival foam they use to pack stuff! (If that wasn't a sign from the universe, i dunno what is)

Been volunteering with a vision and blindness group lately too. Very interesting and meeting some nice people. Makes me think about exploring developing a universally accessible sort of museum with multi-sensory experiences. Not just audio and visual experiences, but smell and taste and touch...would be cool.

Anyway superbusy, but figured I'd pop in and say howdy!

Comment

Hello loves,

Home from the most amazing night out with my fight peeps. *sigh*

I will have to catch up on the thread after I get some sleep. I can't even say in the morning as it's 5am! Oops. I never do that.
                      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                        Thank you all for the good vibes. I'll let you know how it goes.

On a happy note though, remember my cousin from Toronto who was pregnant? It's a GIRL! As she had two boys before, everyone in the family is ecstatic! Not that a third boy wouldn't have been welcomed, but you know... We secretly all were wishing for a girl!
                        Aw, congrats to your cousin That little girl is going to get spoiled rotten by her big brothers

Re-Junk food: Until the age of 7 or so, I couldn't eat anything unhealthy - Doctor's orders. So, I simply didn't even like junk food/chips/desserts in my childhood. My parents did give me cake at my birthdays, but they told me I was eating the fruits on the cake, and not the actual cake. Now that I can eat it... I like it every one in a while, but not that much. It's a treat - that I take when I can't take anything else.
                        There you go, you've just proved my point

Desserts however... They're my biggest 'problem', but that's not the same thing.
                        You love desserts? Then you simply MUST come to Anderson's - to quote Josi "BEST desserts in the world!!!"

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                        Hello WooHoos!

another busy day with the kiddos. I've been teaching about labor unions and gender issues this week in economics and sociology. I get observed next week by my vice principal, so I need to come up with some fantastic lesson on taxation - ugh!

Sounds like everything is going pretty well around here today. No big crisis or even minor ickybah. *strews huggles about*

Two bits of wisdom for today...

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...rs/byage50.jpg http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...turnaround.jpg
                        YAY! I don't have to grow up!

*hugs and good luck vibes for the observations lesson*

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                        Wow!!! Love that vid Jumble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3<3 *hugs Woohoos* Thanks for making it Really great! Iz feeling so nostalgic right now.
                        Thanks, and you're welcome

Congrats on your '69 Jumble!!! *giggles* Though there's not much point in congratulating you now, when tomorrow there'll be another one
                        Thanks......... but come on! I don't talk THAT much!

*snuggles Martin* Ah, yes. Now I can go to bed. But wont
                        *looks away to avoid jealousy pangs*

*waves to Conn* Sounds like you're enjoying the museum

*waves to MoB* and.....

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                          (((jumphugs Wendy, Amy and Cags))) Cause I haven't seen you in such a long time! Or at least it feels that way. LOL
                          Gah, I am all squished now... but squished in good company.

Hello you. Yeah, sorry, I don't have much time to get on here these days. I have to actually schedule artwork in. So far I have a half hour slot some time mid November.

Oooh look, 40 guests! Hello guys. Don't lurk, do come say hello.

Inspirational(?) Post/story of the day (doing the rounds on FB so you might have seen it)
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An old Italian gentleman lived alone in New Jersey . He wanted to plant his annual tomato garden, but it was very difficult work, as the ground was hard. His only son, Vincent, who used to help him, was in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son and described his predicament:

Dear Vincent, I am feeling pretty sad because it looks like I won’t be able to plant my tomato garden this year. I’m just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. I know if you were here my troubles would be over. I know you would be happy to dig the plot for me, like in the old days. Love, Paopa

A few days later he received a letter from his son.

Dear Papa, Don’t dig up that garden. That’ s where the bodies are buried. Love, Vinnie

At 4 a.m. The next morning, FBI agents and local police arrived and dug up the entire area without finding any bodies. They apologized to the old man and left. That same day the old man received another letter from his son.

Dear Papa, Go ahead and plant the tomatoes now. That’s the best I could do under the circumstances.
                          Love you,
                          Vinnie

----------------
                          The moral of the story is: Wherever there is a will, there is a way - so never lose hope

sigpic

Comment

54 guests now and I'm all alone. I feel like I should be doing a little dance or something.
                            sigpic

Comment

Wooooooohooooooooooo Conn!!! Glad you're having such a great time, and seriously, I believe in signs

54 guests now and I'm all alone. I feel like I should be doing a little dance or something.
                              *twirls* Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
                              sigpic
                              Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

@ the inspirational story I could do with some of those guys to dig up my garden

You threaten to do a little dance and 49 guests disappear............

Oh wait! Maybe it was Dee that scared them off

*huggles*

Comment

Working...
                                X