The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by llp View Post
    Well another Sanctuary has played in Canada and the US. Has anyone in the UK seen it yet? Episodes 402 of Sanctuary:
    Spoiler:
    Did anyone notice that Agam (Kate) was listed as a "special guest star" on this episode? And now she has been sent to "hollow earth" on special assignment. What gives? Isn't she a regular on the show anymore? I like her character and I hope they aren't planning on cutting her down to 2 or 3 episodes only this season. Or worse yet, deciding to get rid of her! Wonder if this has anything to do with only shooting 13 episodes this season?
    I've seen it now Uprising
    Spoiler:
    I don't think Kate will get killed off, she's a popular character From her FB: "Agam Darshi People have been asking so here it is: Kate IS still kicking ass, and has an interesting storyline in Season 4. Unfortunately due to scheduling this year, she's not in it, as much as previous seasons. xo" She's obviously busy with other projects
    Originally posted by boxeddreams View Post
    I saw it before I went to bed, and had happy sighs. Uprising: re: Laurie
    Spoiler:
    As for Agam only being a special guest star my friend told me it was to do with a shooting issue for this season. So I'm guessing she might be in it little bits but not regularly? My friend said she'd be back next season though. As for the episode? Happy sigh. I partially thought Magnus wouldn't be able to 'slip in' so easily and get straight back to it (even though she *is* Magnus) because 113 years not doing it? It'd be like how different jumping back to 1898 was for her. Although since she already was in the Sanctuary she could have been hiding out there for years - the catacombs underneath are big enough and not so frequently checked, and she could get around her own security easily enough for things. I'm intrigued as to the story of the 113 years. I'm in two minds on whether she sat and twiddled her thumbs or lived but remotely under an assumed name. I can't quite see her doing nothing.
    Uprising
    Spoiler:
    I doubt we'll ever get more than a few hints about what she did for those 113 years, but I don't think she twiddled her thumbs Awesome ep! I thought Robin did a really good job with Will, and Abby was a lot less dipsy Loved all the transition VisFX pics (I mean the overhead shots, not the split-screen ones, although they were good too). Best line? Kate - "I bobbed when I should have weaved!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      Good morning all! Just a quick pop-in to wish
      Happy birthday Rob Cooper!

and to share a little funny...

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...utocorrect.jpg

Comment

*laughs at the wisdom of today *

*hugs you all and skips out*
        sigpic
        Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
          I've seen it now Uprising
          Spoiler:
          I don't think Kate will get killed off, she's a popular character From her FB: "Agam Darshi People have been asking so here it is: Kate IS still kicking ass, and has an interesting storyline in Season 4. Unfortunately due to scheduling this year, she's not in it, as much as previous seasons. xo" She's obviously busy with other projects
          Uprising
          Spoiler:
          I doubt we'll ever get more than a few hints about what she did for those 113 years, but I don't think she twiddled her thumbs Awesome ep! I thought Robin did a really good job with Will, and Abby was a lot less dipsy Loved all the transition VisFX pics (I mean the overhead shots, not the split-screen ones, although they were good too). Best line? Kate - "I bobbed when I should have weaved!"
          Uprising
          Spoiler:
          I doubt too that we will but if she's telling Will it it'd be nice to at least know a little. Maybe she did some Doctors Without Borders? That could be remote?

I really loved Abby. I liked her last season but she was even more badass and more confident. And the bit about her name? "Well now you do." And her nerd flailing over Hollow Earth. To be fair though, that's not as much of an everyday thing as the rest they deal.

And I had something to say on the VisFX too but then someone called me... oh... but I loved it all

And even though celebration week's gone ( ) I was going to do more anyway so... posting this for kicks.

Linking it out though as it's kinda HUGE. TEMPUS

Comment

Happy Birthday Coopie!

Originally posted by jumble View Post
            can you repost it? It says it's been moved or deleted
            AH! That's because it wasn't a GW-friendly version. I forgot to change the link here.

Here it is!

Uprising
            Spoiler:
            I doubt too that we will but if she's telling will it it'd be nice to at least know a little. Maybe she did some doctors without borders? That could be remote?

I really loved Abby. I liked her last season but she was even more badass and more confident. And the bit about her name? "Well now you do." And her nerd flailing over Hollow Earth. To be fair though, that's not as much of an everyday thing as the rest they deal.

And I had something to say on the VisFX too but then someone called me... Oh... But I loved it all
            Sanctuary 4x02
            Spoiler:
            I think Helen would have stayed away from her 'usual' occupation. It would have been hard to be a Doctor with the knowledge she has. She can't cure diseases that she knows will be cured later on because the cure hasn't been found yet. It would be hard, especially for her, I think.

I really liked Abby too! Much to my surprise. And I completely agree on her reaction to Hollow Earth. I would have been flailing too. Yes, she knows about the Sanctuary and what it does, but I bet they haven't told her everything. I get the feeling she'll be much more in this season, and I'm looking forward to that TBH. If they develop her character more, I'm sure I'll like her even more.

Overall, I enjoyed the episode very much! It's hard to compare it to last week, and that's where I know many fans will be disappointed, but I'm not. I like how the team handled the situation to the best of their ability, without Helen and her influence. They did a really good job and I liked that. I did question the decision to put Will in charge though. Personally, I would have put Declan, if not another Sanctuary head. To my understanding, Declan spent more time at James' protégé than Will as Magnus', and since James co-founded the Sanctuary with Helen, Declan made a far better choice in my head. But anyway, Will did do a good job without being Magnus. (Poor him, no luck with the Secretary of Defense!)

And even though celebration week's gone ( ) I was going to do more anyway so... Posting this for kicks.

linking it out though as it's kinda huge. tempus
            Beautiful!
            sigpic
            Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
            My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
            Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
              *laughs at the wisdom of today *

*hugs you all and skips out*
              *hugs Dee* Where've you been?

Uprising
              Spoiler:
              I doubt too that we will but if she's telling Will it it'd be nice to at least know a little. Maybe she did some Doctors Without Borders? That could be remote?

And I had something to say on the VisFX too but then someone called me... oh... but I loved it all
              Uprising

Spoiler:
              It might have been difficult for her to be a doctor if she couldn't prove her qualifications - which she couldn't if she used a different name. Although no doubt the Sanctuary peeps could find a way around that if they wanted to

And even though celebration week's gone ( ) I was going to do more anyway so... posting this for kicks.

Linking it out though as it's kinda HUGE. TEMPUS
              Nice!

Don't worry - every week is a celebration week around here
              Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
              Happy Birthday Coopie!

AH! That's because it wasn't a GW-friendly version. I forgot to change the link here.

Here it is!

Lovely!

Sanctuary 4x02
              Spoiler:
              I think Helen would have stayed away from her 'usual' occupation. It would have been hard to be a Doctor with the knowledge she has. She can't cure diseases that she knows will be cured later on because the cure hasn't been found yet. It would be hard, especially for her, I think.

I really liked Abby too! Much to my surprise. And I completely agree on her reaction to Hollow Earth. I would have been flailing too. Yes, she knows about the Sanctuary and what it does, but I bet they haven't told her everything. I get the feeling she'll be much more in this season, and I'm looking forward to that TBH. If they develop her character more, I'm sure I'll like her even more.

Overall, I enjoyed the episode very much! It's hard to compare it to last week, and that's where I know many fans will be disappointed, but I'm not. I like how the team handled the situation to the best of their ability, without Helen and her influence. They did a really good job and I liked that. I did question the decision to put Will in charge though. Personally, I would have put Declan, if not another Sanctuary head. To my understanding, Declan spent more time at James' protégé than Will as Magnus', and since James co-founded the Sanctuary with Helen, Declan made a far better choice in my head. But anyway, Will did do a good job without being Magnus. (Poor him, no luck with the Secretary of Defense!)

Beautiful!
              Uprising

Spoiler:
              Good point, she wood definitely have risked affecting the timeline if she'd applied modern day cures - but I bet it wood have been very tempting

I agree, it was great to see the team functioning perfectly well without Magnus. I think it's good to have eps without her being front and centre now and again - it also must make it easier for Amanda to direct if Magnus doesn't have much to do

I don't think Declan was in a position to take over control - wasn't he still searching the remains of Praxus for survivors? Couldn't very well do much from there Besides which, I think they're trying to move the Will character on a bit from just being Magnus' sidekick. It was nice to see Will being more serious and responsible, even if he did have to call Abby in because nobody wood take him seriously

Comment

Uprising

Spoiler:
                I don't think Declan was in a position to take over control - wasn't he still searching the remains of Praxus for survivors? Couldn't very well do much from there Besides which, I think they're trying to move the Will character on a bit from just being Magnus' sidekick. It was nice to see Will being more serious and responsible, even if he did have to call Abby in because nobody wood take him seriously
                Uprising
                Spoiler:
                Hm. Point. Declan wasn't at a Sanctuary where he could have contacted people and taken care of things. The other heads where probably all busy with their Sancturies as well, and Will has been with Magnus ever since she started to talk with the UN and military people.

Yep. Makes more sense now in my head as well.

And I LOVED that he had to call in Abby. Because we saw her being professional and working with him and using her FBI contacts. Did I mentioned I liked Abby in the ep?
                sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Coopie!

Here it is!

Sanctuary 4x02
                  Spoiler:

Beautiful!
                  Uprising

Spoiler:
                  It might have been difficult for her to be a doctor if she couldn't prove her qualifications - which she couldn't if she used a different name. Although no doubt the Sanctuary peeps could find a way around that if they wanted to

Nice!

Don't worry - every week is a celebration week around here
                  Uprising

Spoiler:
                  Good point, she wood definitely have risked affecting the timeline if she'd applied modern day cures - but I bet it wood have been very tempting

I agree, it was great to see the team functioning perfectly well without Magnus. I think it's good to have eps without her being front and centre now and again - it also must make it easier for Amanda to direct if Magnus doesn't have much to do

Uprising
                  Spoiler:
                  True but she's done fake papers before - her stuff as Abigail Fernley and being allowed to work in the hospital from the season 1 pilot? I doubt it she put 157 on her file.

For my Doctors Without Borders idea I thought that was more recent? And even then without everything that she has/if they didn't have what was needed she couldn't cure everything anyway. I think for the early years she'll have stayed quiet to do her quiet life and thinking, and then as the decades went on started doing something else (part of me can see her teaching). And then maybe the last couple of years look again at medicine for when she goes back?

& thanks and WooHoo celebrations (don't tempt me to reopen photoshop...)

Comment

Uprising
                    Spoiler:
                    True but she's done fake papers before - her stuff as Abigail Fernley and being allowed to work in the hospital from the season 1 pilot? I doubt it she put 157 on her file.

For my Doctors Without Borders idea I thought that was more recent? And even then without everything that she has/if they didn't have what was needed she couldn't cure everything anyway. I think for the early years she'll have stayed quiet to do her quiet life and thinking, and then as the decades went on started doing something else (part of me can see her teaching). And then maybe the last couple of years look again at medicine for when she goes back?
                    Spoiler:
                    Oh, teaching! Yes, I think I can see her do that too!

& thanks and WooHoo celebrations (don't tempt me to reopen photoshop...)
                    *leaves trail of cookies leading to PS*

*evil grin*

sigpic

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

Uprising. opinion only:

Spoiler:
                      I liked the ep much more than I thought I wood. Will was an adult, Abby more of an FBI agent and Kate, Henry and Biggie were awesome as ever. Nice ep and it looked awsome.
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Have a feeling we are in for about 13 very awesome episodes!
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Oh, teaching! Yes, I think I can see her do that too!

*leaves trail of cookies leading to PS*

*evil grin*

*whimpers*

... although I did open PS again to make some more Tempus icons but I hadn't even seen this!

*eats all the cookies since she already PS'd*

Aren't we always?

Comment

Oh yes.
                            I'm quite intrigued.
                            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                              *hugs WooHoos*

Uprising. opinion only:

Spoiler:
                              I liked the ep much more than I thought I wood. Will was an adult, Abby more of an FBI agent and Kate, Henry and Biggie were awesome as ever. Nice ep and it looked awsome.
                              Uprising

Spoiler:
                              I was completely unspoiled, so didn't know what to expect Ah yes, that's what it was - Will was being an adult! I like him much better like that (like RD better like that too) Loved the Biggie/Kate/Henry scenes - so old school teamy

Must admit, I was a little surprised about how Magnus made her reappearance - not telling anyone she was there was a bit unkind since she must have known they wood be worrying about her

I'm betting on 12 Can't wait to see Icebreaker and The Depths in particular

Comment

Uprising

Spoiler:
                                I was completely unspoiled, so didn't know what to expect Ah yes, that's what it was - Will was being an adult! I like him much better like that (like RD better like that too) Loved the Biggie/Kate/Henry scenes - so old school teamy

Must admit, I was a little surprised about how Magnus made her reappearance - not telling anyone she was there was a bit unkind since she must have known they wood be worrying about her

I'm betting on 12 Can't wait to see Icebreaker and The Depths in particular
                                Uprising

Spoiler:
                                I wondered why Magnus entered the show like that as well. I expected her to make a more... urgency filled entrance. You know, crises on hand and everything... Maybe she was prowling the forums to see what fans thought about Tempus before going back to work, who knows?

Hm yeah... I am a little worried about Fugue

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X