The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

g'evening folks

awfully nice seeing all those arties together...very pretty!

I'm really worn out from this week and have an all-day workshop to attend tomorrow - ugh! "Engage the Brain" I hope it's a good one at least. So many of them are disappointments.
    sigpic

Comment

I love that he go the opportunity to write! It must be such an artistically nurturing and supportive environment.
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Late-ish contribution to the party. It's still the 14th over here.

Yes, I've been busy with this week's AFA Challenge too.
        Last edited by LadyGalaxyJ; 14 October 2011, 04:16 PM.
        sigpic
        Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
        My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
        Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
          Thanks for that EH-T I knew he'd written one but wasn't sure that he'd directed it as well - do we know what number it is?

Laurie, glad to hear you've got your dresser and are almost done with those dratted boxes

The lasik surgery you had hasn't been approved in the UK yet, so is not available I didn't have any trouble getting the contacts in and out, so maybe they are the answer to my problem At least I won't have to dig my glasses out every time I need to read the ingredients on a can, or the menu at Anderson's
          Hasn't been approved? The surgery I had was over 15 years ago. Come on....they are that far behind!
          Last edited by llp; 14 October 2011, 11:07 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

ooh, hey Eileen!!! *huggles*

*huggles PTB and especially Martin* It must be so fantastic to work in that kind of environment! Always always learning!

Glad the contacts are going well, Jumblie! I could never wear them. Something about them irritated my eyes and made them all stingy, but I still liked wearing them!
            sigpic

Comment

I have naturally dry eyes so contacts were just murder for me. I tried for about a year and gave up. I don't even wear mascara because I have to rub my eyes fairly regularly.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                I may just have to take a look - you've got me interested now

Well, be sure to let us know what you think, then. It's pretty fabulous.

Originally posted by llp View Post
                And I loved my lasik surgery. Just waited until they approved the one for distance and stigmatism! I found the doctor who was the lead of the trials (by the FDA in the US) and had him do it.....fantastic. I could see without any help. Now, of course, I need glasses for reading and the pc. Such is life. Thinking about getting lasik for that (maybe) but then maybe not. Kind of expensive. I hear they have a new procedure that is different....may look into that....I really hate wearing glasses. Of course my need now is because of getting older. So it will come back - but I'll me in my 70's by then and it probably won't matter!
                I wasn't a candidate for lasik, even still with the new technology, because the curve of my astigmatism was to steep to do it safely, but I was able to do PRK which is an older procedure with a very painful and a longer recovery than lasik. the first 36 hours after the procedure was the most excruciating pain I've ever had, and I've a some painful stuff. But totally worth it to have 20/20 6 weeks later after a lifetime of glasses. They did say that in about 10 years I may need reading glasses, but that's a function of aging anyhow. Nothing to be done for it. In the mean time I'll take not having to deal with glasses, being able to wear mascara, and slightly dry eyes. *g*

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                I have been away but came back with an anniversary gift. This is a excerpt from a recent interview with AT:

“Martin Wood took himself outside of his comfort zone this year as well and wrote an episode called ‘Icebreaker,’ which he also directed. Our mandate on this show has always been to foster new talent and to give people opportunities that they might not otherwise have, hence me getting to direct as much as I have, and Robin as well as Damian directing, and now Martin writing. The collaborative relationships and collaborative feel of Sanctuary are very important to us and something we are determined to keep alive.”
                Welcome back! And thanks for sharing.
                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                  I love that he go the opportunity to write! It must be such an artistically nurturing and supportive environment.
                  Neep! A closet woohoo?
                  sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Well another Sanctuary has played in Canada and the US. Has anyone in the UK seen it yet?

Episodes 402 of Sanctuary:
                    Spoiler:
                    Did anyone notice that Agam (Kate) was listed as a "special guest star" on this episode? And now she has been sent to "hollow earth" on special assignment. What gives? Isn't she a regular on the show anymore? I like her character and I hope they aren't planning on cutting her down to 2 or 3 episodes only this season. Or worse yet, deciding to get rid of her! Wonder if this has anything to do with only shooting 13 episodes this season?
                    sigpic

Comment

Alas, not yet. Worked last night. Still working, lol. But will watch tonight, probs.
                      sigpic

Comment

I saw it before I went to bed, and had happy sighs.

Uprising: re: Laurie
                        Spoiler:
                        As for Agam only being a special guest star my friend told me it was to do with a shooting issue for this season. So I'm guessing she might be in it little bits but not regularly? My friend said she'd be back next season though.

As for the episode? Happy sigh. I partially thought Magnus wouldn't be able to 'slip in' so easily and get straight back to it (even though she *is* Magnus) because 113 years not doing it? It'd be like how different jumping back to 1898 was for her. Although since she already was in the Sanctuary she could have been hiding out there for years - the catacombs underneath are big enough and not so frequently checked, and she could get around her own security easily enough for things.

I'm intrigued as to the story of the 113 years. I'm in two minds on whether she sat and twiddled her thumbs or lived but remotely under an assumed name. I can't quite see her doing nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by boxeddreams View Post
                          I saw it before I went to bed, and had happy sighs.

Uprising: re: Laurie
                          Spoiler:
                          As for Agam only being a special guest star my friend told me it was to do with a shooting issue for this season. So I'm guessing she might be in it little bits but not regularly? My friend said she'd be back next season though.

As for the episode? Happy sigh. I partially thought Magnus wouldn't be able to 'slip in' so easily and get straight back to it (even though she *is* Magnus) because 113 years not doing it? It'd be like how different jumping back to 1898 was for her. Although since she already was in the Sanctuary she could have been hiding out there for years - the catacombs underneath are big enough and not so frequently checked, and she could get around her own security easily enough for things.

I'm intrigued as to the story of the 113 years. I'm in two minds on whether she sat and twiddled her thumbs or lived but remotely under an assumed name. I can't quite see her doing nothing.
                          Sanctuary spoiler (in general) - stay out if you don't want to know about story line plots!
                          Spoiler:
                          Glad to here that Agam will be back next season. I have liked her character from the start.
                          As for the 113 years - no way could Magnus sit around and knit or something. She would have to be involved. Maybe start a school in some desolate location to educate the children. Or like you suggested - but only part of the time - going in and out of various sanctuaries without being seen. You know she couldn't sit back and do nothing. I have to wonder if she would sneak in to see her daughter as she was growing up. That would be the hardest thing. When her daughter was still alive and not seeing her, talking with her, touching her.....that would be almost impossible!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                            I love that he got the opportunity to write! It must be such an artistically nurturing and supportive environment.

Nice to see you here *hugs*

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                            Late-ish contribution to the party. It's still the 14th over here.

Yes, I've been busy with this week's AFA Challenge too.
                            Can you repost it? It says it's been moved or deleted

Originally posted by llp View Post
                            Hasn't been approved? The surgery I had was over 15 years ago. Come on....they are that far behind!
                            The UK do tend to be more cautious before approving drugs and procedures, usually waiting until it's been trialled for several years. The learned their lesson with Thalidomide

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            I have naturally dry eyes so contacts were just murder for me. I tried for about a year and gave up. I don't even wear mascara because I have to rub my eyes fairly regularly.
                            They put some dye in my eyes to test for dryness because one of the meds that I take regularly tends to cause dry eyes, but it showed very little so I'm ok to have the contacts

It did take me awhile to get them in today - maybe I should wait until I'm properly awake in future

Oh, and...........

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COOPIE!!!
                            Last edited by Jumble; 15 October 2011, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Good morning all! Just a quick pop-in to wish
                              Happy birthday Rob Cooper!

and to share a little funny...

sigpic

Comment

Oh my! Have to double-post...it's time for my '69!!!! WooHoo!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X