The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    Got a very scary (to me) thing to do this afternoon - I'm off to the optician's to try out contact lenses I've always had a 'thing' about eyes and hate the idea of putting things in them, but the optician persuaded me to try them and see how it goes. *bites fingernails*

It didn't help to see a Men Behaving Badly ep last night where Tony tried out contacts - he had very red eyes and spent most of the day with his eyes firmly closed because it was so painful I know it was comedy, but I didn't exactly find it encouraging
    *hugs* As you know, I wear contacts quite a lot, and I have to say the modern ones are soooo much better than the old fashioned 'hard' ones (i.e. the ones in that MBB episode which I have seen many times )

It can be quite strange to get used to at first, but if you have a phobia of things touching your eyes, as many people do, the best person to conquer that is yourself and the best way to do it is with lenses!! The best advice I can give you is don't rush yourself, take your time, properly rinse your hands first (you don't really want to use any soap) so there are no little fibres on there, and always put them in before putting make up on your eyes

Hope it goes ok

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
      *hugs* As you know, I wear contacts quite a lot, and I have to say the modern ones are soooo much better than the old fashioned 'hard' ones (i.e. the ones in that MBB episode which I have seen many times )

It can be quite strange to get used to at first, but if you have a phobia of things touching your eyes, as many people do, the best person to conquer that is yourself and the best way to do it is with lenses!! The best advice I can give you is don't rush yourself, take your time, properly rinse your hands first (you don't really want to use any soap) so there are no little fibres on there, and always put them in before putting make up on your eyes

Hope it goes ok
      Thanks for the advice Sarai - that's pretty much the conversation I had with Jo last night - she uses contacts too I'm telling myself that it'll be fine, that doing things are never as bad as the anticipation makes me think they are She also reminded me that two/three years ago I wood never have driven to Ashford, then to the Peaks, and that I wood never have got on a plane and gone all the way to the US by myself. And that the very idea of meeting Martin wood have scared me witless So yes, I'm going to try the contacts and see how it goes

*puts on very brave face*

Comment

Morning Woohoos

Scary insanity here tonight. But still okay. I'm going to miss this place.

I did get to catch a baby though.

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
        Afternoon Woohoos

Jumblie - yay for a new bub

MoB - yay for a new placement! and more yay for the albumn! Put me on the waiting list too, please

LadyGJ - So good to hear your foot isn't broken. Dancey injuries are the worst worst WORST, but hopefully, you won't be out of comission for too long!

*huggles everyone and plops down on the couch*
        Consider yourself placed. So many people want a copy, I'm kind of surprised! Pleasantly, though. I've been wanting to do this for ages, and the universe found a way to nudge me in the right direction, so yay!
        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

YAY universe *huggles MoB*

Oooh, and Jumblie - got your PM waiting till I get back to uni so I can use their bandwidth (mwa ha ha ) and then i can be all chuffed and make other uni kids jealous that they don't have cool online friends like me

...and yes, i am little tipsy..
          sigpic

Comment

Jumble - Good luck with the contacts!

I don't know what hurts more today... The injured foot or my arms for walking on crutches all day yesterday. Hmpf. I can't wait for Saturday. Spending all day at home and I won't have to use those pesky things.

That aside, I'm feeling really happy today!

*spreads love all around and hugs Woohoos*
            sigpic
            Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
            My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
            Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
              Jumble - Good luck with the contacts!
              Thanks I'm sure it won't be nearly as bad as I think it will *crosses fingers*

I don't know what hurts more today... The injured foot or my arms for walking on crutches all day yesterday. Hmpf. I can't wait for Saturday. Spending all day at home and I won't have to use those pesky things.

*hugs for sore arms* I know what that's like Hopefully you'll be able to spend tomorrow resting - feet up, cup of tea, tv on

*waves to Bekki and MoB*

Comment

*hugs for sore arms* I know what that's like Hopefully you'll be able to spend tomorrow resting - feet up, cup of tea, tv on
                Sounds like a plan! I still haven't watched all the Sanctuary extras!
                sigpic
                Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

*waves back to Jumblie and huggles*

*catches some of LadyGJ's love and huggles*

The housemate and I just walked to the park, played on the swings and then walked to a friend's house the beauty that is wine
                  sigpic

Comment

So many post to get through and art work. I just decided to hit the art work points. I love them all.

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                    Hey, everyone.

Another MW art piece, this one a bit more Halloween-y than I tend to do. But I couldn't resist given the expression.

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...niusBanner.jpg
                    I love I, nice picture choice, love the beard, and love the coloring. Great job!

You and your coloring. I love it. You are so creative.

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                    I like it. It's just busy

I had that while playing with Tesla in my first pic in text sig as well. I didn't like the different colours, so I turned it into this instead

Which, of course resulted into a thread appropriate version:

See? I'm a big artworker now. I pretended to be really good. *nods*
                    Always love Tesla Artwork. Nicely done

And PTB…simply bueatiful. NAD you are awesome at art work as well.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                    We're being be-lurked again are we?

I wonder if cupcakes will bring them out...

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...-GC_Top_lg.jpg

It brought me out of lurk mode…that and my incurable curiosity to join in the converstation.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                    I'll distract you with a bit of Martin Art...

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...tinbanner3.jpg

Fighting with my new ps...it doesn't recognize the brushes I put in the brushes folder! Grrr. I had to go back over to the old ps and load from there! Insane.
                    Another amazing piece of art work. Thanks for sharing.
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

*waves happily to all*
                      =)

Personally, I think the whole thing has been done to death - it's been dragging on for months I'm finding it hard to feel sorry for Carla, despite recent events, because I just don't like her - never have Plus, if they put her and Peter together (two alcoholics) that's just a recipe for disaster IMO. Leanne has been through a helluva lot to get where she is and I really think she and Peter should be allowed to stay together and live happily ever after - but that almost never happens in soaps
                      I never used to like Carla either especially with the Carla/Liam/Maria thing. But she just seems to have so much bad luck (with men) and the more vulnerable they make her the more I like her. I like to think if her & Peter got together that would put an end to her alcoholism
                      I think Leanne lost Peter's devotion when she had the thing with Nick. Which at the time I thought was kinda sad (considering his own track record when it comes to staying faithful, and how much she's forgiven him for stuff). I think she was really good for him and Simon but I don't think he's gotten over it despite what he may say.
                      But regarding the bolded - that's why I try to avoid shipping anyone in a soap at all costs I mean, seriously, it IS possible for people to stay together, but it seems like soapland constantly competes with who can have the most messed up relationships / characters / storylines
                      /corri-rant

Do you watch Emmerdale too? I seriously have no-one to chat about my soaps with (except my mum )

I have lines to learn. I have a memorization test tomorrow. I'm procrastinating. I don't want to do it. *whistles*
                      Good luck with the test =)

Got a very scary (to me) thing to do this afternoon - I'm off to the optician's to try out contact lenses I've always had a 'thing' about eyes and hate the idea of putting things in them, but the optician persuaded me to try them and see how it goes. *bites fingernails*

It didn't help to see a Men Behaving Badly ep last night where Tony tried out contacts - he had very red eyes and spent most of the day with his eyes firmly closed because it was so painful I know it was comedy, but I didn't exactly find it encouraging
                      Good look with the contacts =) Don't worry, they practise putting them in and taking them out with you. Putting them in is easy as, it's the taking out that always got me, but you'll get the hang of it (and keep your nails short).
                      I wore them for just over two years (including the eye colour changing ones just for fun) - I never had any difficulty with them as such, as long as you make sure to wash hands (as already advised) and rub the solution into the lenses before you put them in - but you'll be told all this at your appointment =) They really give you a new lease of life (and you can get ones that you keep in for a month so you don't have to touch your eyes every day like the daily disposables).
                      Re: MBB - red eyes / painful occurs if you get suffer from very dry eyes. Which is why I stopped wearing them because when I got ill my eyes seemed to reject anything anywhere near them including make up
                      And also - they really don't fall out all the time like you sometimes see on tv

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                      Morning Woohoos

Scary insanity here tonight. But still okay. I'm going to miss this place.

I did get to catch a baby though.
                      *gets insanely broody at mention of babies*

*attaches cushions to your arms so hurts less resting on your crutches*

The housemate and I just walked to the park, played on the swings and then walked to a friend's house the beauty that is wine
                      Sounds like you had fun
                      sigpic
                      ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Originally posted by max_omega View Post
                        You and your coloring. I love it. You are so creative.
                        Thank you Yes, colour is my middle name
                        Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
                        *waves happily to all* =) I never used to like Carla either especially with the Carla/Liam/Maria thing. But she just seems to have so much bad luck (with men) and the more vulnerable they make her the more I like her. I like to think if her & Peter got together that would put an end to her alcoholism I think Leanne lost Peter's devotion when she had the thing with Nick. Which at the time I thought was kinda sad (considering his own track record when it comes to staying faithful, and how much she's forgiven him for stuff). I think she was really good for him and Simon but I don't think he's gotten over it despite what he may say. But regarding the bolded - that's why I try to avoid shipping anyone in a soap at all costs I mean, seriously, it IS possible for people to stay together, but it seems like soapland constantly competes with who can have the most messed up relationships / characters / storylines /corri-rant
                        That's what happens when you sleep with other womens' men She's not so much vulnerable as stupid, IMO Leanne was silly to have that one slip-up with Nick, but she did used to be married to him and he was really pushing her at a time when her relationship with Peter was falling apart and she was really vulnerable. Unfortunately the soap writers think the viewers will get bored if any couple stay happy together Corrie used to be true to life, but over the last few years it's slipped further and further into fantasyland - probably because it's closest rival, Eastenders, seemed to do well on angst. I stopped watching Eastenders years ago because it was just so miserable
                        Do you watch Emmerdale too? I seriously have no-one to chat about my soaps with (except my mum )
                        Yes I do Getting slightly ticked off with the Charity/Cain thing atm - yet another set of writers that can't seem to let anyone have a normal relationship. Let her marry Jai FCOL!
                        Good look with the contacts =) Don't worry, they practise putting them in and taking them out with you. Putting them in is easy as, it's the taking out that always got me, but you'll get the hang of it (and keep your nails short). I wore them for just over two years (including the eye colour changing ones just for fun) - I never had any difficulty with them as such, as long as you make sure to wash hands (as already advised) and rub the solution into the lenses before you put them in - but you'll be told all this at your appointment =) They really give you a new lease of life (and you can get ones that you keep in for a month so you don't have to touch your eyes every day like the daily disposables). Re: MBB - red eyes / painful occurs if you get suffer from very dry eyes. Which is why I stopped wearing them because when I got ill my eyes seemed to reject anything anywhere near them including make up And also - they really don't fall out all the time like you sometimes see on tv
                        Apparently I'm odd, because I had no trouble getting them out first try, but took several attempts to get them back in Nowhere near as bad as I'd expected it to be Then I went straight to W.H.Smith's and chose books without needing my glasses! WooHooooood!!! *does a crazy happy dance* Aaaaaaand I've just typed this without glasses too, so we'll just see how many typos I've made when I hit 'submit'

Comment

That's what happens when you sleep with other womens' men She's not so much vulnerable as stupid, IMO Leanne was silly to have that one slip-up with Nick, but she did used to be married to him and he was really pushing her at a time when her relationship with Peter was falling apart and she was really vulnerable. Unfortunately the soap writers think the viewers will get bored if any couple stay happy together Corrie used to be true to life, but over the last few years it's slipped further and further into fantasyland - probably because it's closest rival, Eastenders, seemed to do well on angst. I stopped watching Eastenders years ago because it was just so miserable
                          Fair point. But if they give her Peter she can stop sleeping with other women's men
                          I did think it was cruel of Carla to encourage Leanne/Nick (because of her wanting Peter)... but then I do think Leanne would have caved without said encouragement.
                          I think Leanne knows Peter's feeling for Carla may not be entirely platonic, otherwise why make a point of her getting him to say he'll stay away from her? Doesn't seem like she trusts him very much to me (and with good reason). I think that relationship is doomed whether Carla/Peter happens or not
                          I know what you mean about Eastenders. Probably not watched that for a good ten years now.

Yes I do Getting slightly ticked off with the Charity/Cain thing atm - yet another set of writers that can't seem to let anyone have a normal relationship. Let her marry Jai FCOL!
                          Totally agree with you about Charity/Cain I thought for a while they were moving forward when they had Charity wanting to marry Jai and her insistence she loved him (I think Jai is good for her) Then they make her stuff it up again *sigh*
                          I know people can change their mind but seems like very few characters know how to make a decision at all.
                          Then you've got Laurel/Marlon??
                          I LOVE Marlon. And on a random note, I've actually met him very briefly when he switched on the Xmas lights in my mum&dads town He's VERY tall I want him to be happy but yet another character whose love life is a mess

Apparently I'm odd, because I had no trouble getting them out first try, but took several attempts to get them back in Nowhere near as bad as I'd expected it to be Then I went straight to W.H.Smith's and chose books without needing my glasses! WooHooooood!!! *does a crazy happy dance* Aaaaaaand I've just typed this without glasses too, so we'll just see how many typos I've made when I hit 'submit'
                          Yay for contact apt. going well
                          I don't see any typo's
                          What book did you buy?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
                            Fair point. But if they give her Peter she can stop sleeping with other women's men
                            I doubt it - once she's got him it won't be long before someone else catches her eye. She's a butterfly, she'll never settle.

I did think it was cruel of Carla to encourage Leanne/Nick (because of her wanting Peter)... but then I do think Leanne would have caved without said encouragement.
                            Yes, that was evil!

I think Leanne knows Peter's feeling for Carla may not be entirely platonic, otherwise why make a point of her getting him to say he'll stay away from her? Doesn't seem like she trusts him very much to me (and with good reason). I think that relationship is doomed whether Carla/Peter happens or not
                            I know what you mean about Eastenders. Probably not watched that for a good ten years now.
                            Of course she knows, it's been obvious from the start! And you have to remember that Leanne has been emotionally insecure all her life, so she's bound not to trust Peter when he's off taking care of a vamp like Carla everytime she 'needs' him I actually do think that Leanne/Peter wood work, given half a chance.

Totally agree with you about Charity/Cain I thought for a while they were moving forward when they had Charity wanting to marry Jai and her insistence she loved him (I think Jai is good for her) Then they make her stuff it up again *sigh*
                            I know people can change their mind but seems like very few characters know how to make a decision at all.
                            Jai is very good for her, and it's really about time the writers gave the poor girl a break

Then you've got Laurel/Marlon??
                            I LOVE Marlon. And on a random note, I've actually met him very briefly when he switched on the Xmas lights in my mum&dads town He's VERY tall I want him to be happy but yet another character whose love life is a mess
                            Laurel/Marlon (ooops! that was nearly Martin ) is just ridiculous. Let the poor guy find a nice girl to settle down with - he's had enough heartache already! I just think Ashley needs a swift kick to wake him up

Yay for contact apt. going well
                            I don't see any typo's
                            What book did you buy?
                            Thanks

Books:

Lee Child - Persuader (I adore his Jack Reacher books - I have them all)
                            Stepehn Fry - The Chronicles (Autobiography)
                            Stephen Fry - The Liar
                            Stephen Fry - Making History (because I adore Stephen Fry )
                            Michael McIntyre - Life & Laughing (because he's so funny!)

That should keep me busy for awhile

Comment

Of course she knows, it's been obvious from the start! And you have to remember that Leanne has been emotionally insecure all her life, so she's bound not to trust Peter when he's off taking care of a vamp like Carla everytime she 'needs' him I actually do think that Leanne/Peter wood work, given half a chance.
                              But we know they won't be given half a chance
                              I can just see some sort of ridiculous storyling happening with Eva as well though - funny how they have her working with Nick? Because naturally when you have a failed relationship with someone you then consider dating/marrying their sibling

Jai is very good for her, and it's really about time the writers gave the poor girl a break

Laurel/Marlon (ooops! that was nearly Martin ) is just ridiculous. Let the poor guy find a nice girl to settle down with - he's had enough heartache already! I just think Ashley needs a swift kick to wake him up
                              I can see the bad-boy appeal of Cain but let's face it there's only so much 'excitement' anyone can take. She should settle down with toffee-boy Jai

Books:

Lee Child - Persuader (I adore his Jack Reacher books - I have them all)
                              Stepehn Fry - The Chronicles (Autobiography)
                              Stephen Fry - The Liar
                              Stephen Fry - Making History (because I adore Stephen Fry )
                              Michael McIntyre - Life & Laughing (because he's so funny!)

That should keep me busy for awhile
                              Nice choices Should keep you entertained for a while!
                              I don't know Lee Child, but I like Stephen and Michael
                              sigpic

Comment

*comes in and flops on couch*

Congrats on the contact lenses Jumble! I'm still way too much of a wimp to even consider them...

YAY universe *huggles MoB*

Oooh, and Jumblie - got your PM waiting till I get back to uni so I can use their bandwidth (mwa ha ha ) and then i can be all chuffed and make other uni kids jealous that they don't have cool online friends like me

...and yes, i am little tipsy..
                                *squishy huggles Bekki* Tipsy posting is the best
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X