The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Birthday Woohoos!

Today my friend Ash and I went down to 30 Rock to say hi to Amanda and Robin. It was much fun. I'd say somewhere more than 50 but fewer than 100 people showed up. It was nice, because we all got a few minutes to chat with them.

Since Amanda is a PTB and honorary Woohoo, here's a photo for the party:

Spoiler:

Anyone who is spoiler-free would have hated it there because they were showing clips from this season on about 50 big screen tvs. I like spoilers, as long as I'm prepared for them, and I was, so it was cool.

We had a nice chat with Amanda and Robin who were dressed to the nines, btw. That was surprising at first, but then I figured they were probably doing promo stuff all day. Robin was very nice in person, and Amanda was super-sweet, like she always seems to be. She seemed to recognize me which was wild since I've only met her the one time. We talked a bit about the premiere and she mentioned that there were some awesome fights. I told her I was learning to fight and she said 'really? that's great!' and I was like, yeah, it's really fun. I. am. such. a. dork. Ah well. But it IS fun!

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    Fight? We are peace-loving WooHoos!

Except for that MoB, you have to watch out for her and her swords

+

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    That MoB scares me now!
    +

Pfft!

She's always scared me
    = HEY NOW!

*looks up*

Maybe you have a point.

But it's STAGE combat. So no one is REALLY getting hurt if you do it right. It just looks like it. I'm a pacifist. I swear.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    MOB, things always have a way of working out in the end. I truely believe this. *huggles and positive vibes*.

Well my delivery did not arrive between 9am and 1pm as promised. And they finally came clean and admitted they had too much work on (rather than fob me off with lies). I had a right go - 2 days wasted indoors and I ran out of milke at 10am this morning! But, my lovely, lovely Doc Martens are here now and I think I am in love with them. I will be making Marten art later... geddit? Martenart? Oh, never mind.
    Thanks Cags. I am sure you are right. Things are happening, just not according to my plan and being the type-a that I am, it frustrates me. One of the reasons I gave up singing for a living was that not having a dependable income made me bonkers. So being in that situation again, even temporarily, makes me seriously antsy.

On an upside: I had a great rehearsal with Bryan today and we are going into the studio to record 4 songs for my album on the 27th or 28th! YAY.

*kicks Cags' package service

That last bit reminds me of this:
    Spoiler:

Warning: it's opera
    Marten aller arten:

sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Wow - pages and pages to catch up on! Been reading forever...
      Happy Birthday again Nad
      Fingers crossed on the job front MoB
      Kicks for slow as syrup delivery Cags
      And other stuff I can't think of right now...

(((Huggles)))
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
        You'd never lie.

It's how I imagine this thread in twenty years.
        20 years Do you realize how old I'll be.... Oy! I'll have to wheel chair me to the keyboard!...maybe I can just talk to the pc then!
        sigpic

Comment

OMG - Devilish Me and me and 68 Spencers! EGADS Come on people, join us. We won't bite too hard!
          Last edited by llp; 07 October 2011, 08:39 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm here too!
            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Tonight's Sanctuary

There's nothing under here that's actually a spoiler, but just to be safe...
              Spoiler:
              I nearly had a heart attack. The fights Amanda mentioned were INSANE! I am making my fight instructor watch it. So badass. HOLY MOLY. This was Sanctuary at its best. I'm going to have to rewatch it to absorb more. But wow.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane
                You'll have it on your PC. Type 'character map' in the start menu search box and you'll find it. It's full of all the weird characters you could ever need, any of which you can select and copy
                Doesn't work on a US pc!
                sigpic

Comment

Ah, the Spencers are fading away. Maybe they got tired or they're going to watch the 10 pm PDT showing of Sanctuary. Think I'll watch it again. The story, the acting, the directing - all top notch. But that's all you're going to get!
                  sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Morning all

So jealous of those of you who've seen Sanctuary already

Have just read through the thread in a slightly sleepy fashion and failed to MQ properly, so let's see if I can remember everything... Mostly I just giggled my way through the whole Wood land conversation
                      Nad, I'm having avi shrinkage problems too It's really annoying
                      Cags, how stupid does that delivery company think you are?! Glad you put them in their place and that you have your Doc Martens now
                      *waves to yami* Welcome!
                      MoB, awesome pic of you with Amanda and Robin! So glad you got to meet them
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
                        *delurks*

Happy Anniversary!

*goes back to lurking*
                        Hey Yami! Welcome to the thread *huggles*

Woodnight Jumble. I'm turning in now too.

*squishy huggles Martin too coz Jumble'll let me*
                        Like I had a choice when I'd already gone to bed

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                        Happy Birthday Woohoos!

Today my friend Ash and I went down to 30 Rock to say hi to Amanda and Robin. It was much fun. I'd say somewhere more than 50 but fewer than 100 people showed up. It was nice, because we all got a few minutes to chat with them.

Since Amanda is a PTB and honorary Woohoo, here's a photo for the party:

Where's your WooHoo badge???

Glad to hear you had a good time and managed to get a chat with Amanda and Robin

Anyone who is spoiler-free would have hated it there because they were showing clips from this season on about 50 big screen tvs. I like spoilers, as long as I'm prepared for them, and I was, so it was cool.

We had a nice chat with Amanda and Robin who were dressed to the nines, btw. That was surprising at first, but then I figured they were probably doing promo stuff all day. Robin was very nice in person, and Amanda was super-sweet, like she always seems to be. She seemed to recognize me which was wild since I've only met her the one time. We talked a bit about the premiere and she mentioned that there were some awesome fights. I told her I was learning to fight and she said 'really? that's great!' and I was like, yeah, it's really fun. I. am. such. a. dork. Ah well. But it IS fun!
                        Glad I wasn't there then, I've managed to mostly stay spoiler free so far

= HEY NOW!

*looks up*

Maybe you have a point.

But it's STAGE combat. So no one is REALLY getting hurt if you do it right. It just looks like it. I'm a pacifist. I swear.
                        I know, but you do look scary in those pics

Thanks Cags. I am sure you are right. Things are happening, just not according to my plan and being the type-a that I am, it frustrates me. One of the reasons I gave up singing for a living was that not having a dependable income made me bonkers. So being in that situation again, even temporarily, makes me seriously antsy.

On an upside: I had a great rehearsal with Bryan today and we are going into the studio to record 4 songs for my album on the 27th or 28th! YAY.
                        I can sympathise - I like everything to run to plan - my plan

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                        Tonight's Sanctuary

There's nothing under here that's actually a spoiler, but just to be safe...
                        Spoiler:
                        I nearly had a heart attack. The fights Amanda mentioned were INSANE! I am making my fight instructor watch it. So badass. HOLY MOLY. This was Sanctuary at its best. I'm going to have to rewatch it to absorb more. But wow.
                        Tempus

Spoiler:
                        Please tell me it's not a one-on-one like Breach? Martin says it's the best Sanctuary they've ever done, so I wood really hate to not like it

*waves to Nola* Nice anniversary sig

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                          Doesn't work on a US pc!

Oh you probably spell Character in some freaky American way, like with a Zed or something...

*runs away from wrathful Americans*

Anyone want to spend the day doing back breaking hard labour digging up couch grass? No takers? No, me neither, but that's where I'm going for the day.
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh you probably spell Character in some freaky American way, like with a Zed or something...

*runs away from wrathful Americans*

The Americans don't say Zed, they say Zee

Canadians say it the right way - Zed

Anyone want to spend the day doing back breaking hard labour digging up couch grass? No takers? No, me neither, but that's where I'm going for the day.
                            I'm so sorry Cags, you know I'd LOVE to come and help, but I'm waaaay too busy today

*looks around*

I'm sure there was something urgent that I needed to do......

Comment

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
                              *delurks*

Happy Anniversary!

*goes back to lurking*
                              Oh do it again! Do it again! Delurk!

The Ickybah WooHoo strikes again

Not.

Around here we have Wood Street, Wood Lane, Wood Avenue, Martin & Co. Estate Management, Enchanted Wood (toy store), Green, Wood and Co., also Estate Management........... I'm totally surrounded by Wood

I'm thinking ''Forrest Gump'' now.

''Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.''

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                              Wow - pages and pages to catch up on! Been reading forever...
                              Happy Birthday again Nad
                              Fingers crossed on the job front MoB
                              Kicks for slow as syrup delivery Cags
                              And other stuff I can't think of right now...

(((Huggles)))
                              Thanks again!

Originally posted by llp View Post
                              20 years Do you realize how old I'll be.... Oy! I'll have to wheel chair me to the keyboard!...maybe I can just talk to the pc then!
                              *nods*It wood make great comedy.
                              I'd be 45 then, so I'll be a young Golden Girl...

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                              Nad, I'm having avi shrinkage problems too It's really annoying
                              It is! But at least it does go away.

MoB, awesome pic of you with Amanda and Robin! So glad you got to meet them
                              What she said!
                              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

@ Nad

Ok Jann, own up - what have you done to my Power Director? Put a curse on it? Sent it a telepathic message not to let me use any pics of you? Hm?

Everytime I put a pic of you into a slideshow it looks fine until I render it - then it turns upside down I've tried using a different slideshow function, I've tried changing the order of pics so that it's in a different place - still it turns upside down! C'mon, lift the curse - you don't want to be the only WooHoo not in the vid do you?

Or do you?

Comment

Working...
                                X