• Show
Clear All

MoB - they look pretty bad@ss as it is!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
      *hugs Cags and sends good vibes for the job*

*hugs MoB and sends good vibes too*
      Also, awesome pictures from your stage combat!

I watched the AT5 Cocktail Party vid for the time. I lol'd all the way through. I so can't wait to meet all of you! *hugs everyone*
      So now you have a pretty good idea what AT6 will be like That, plus Amanda of course

A Woo Hoo (the drink) sounds good. I will have to make one some day. (Maybe we should have some at a Woohoo party before AT6! )
      Good idea! *looks at Cags, our Cocktail Expert*

*huggles Cags*

Pedantic? Moi?

You're right, that's not the first time I've been called that

Sooooooo...... is everybody ready for tomorrow?

Comment

*runs through thread nekkid*

*waves to everyone* Hi!
        sigpic

Comment

I'm not ready for tomorrow! Eeek!

*kicks RL*

But I can probably make up for it this weekend. It's a three-day for Canadians. Woot!
          *plans to save time to PS*
          sigpic
          Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
          My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
          Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Afternoon all *waves* hope everyone is well

Sorry I've not been around much lately, got some stuff going on atm that's a bit stressful and don't want to just come here and rant at you all

Although, I'm aware you would be happy to listen

And ofc S4 starts soon!! So I had to reappear so I can *squeeeeeeeeeee* just a little
            sigpic
            ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post

Sorry I've not been around much lately, got some stuff going on atm that's a bit stressful and don't want to just come here and rant at you all

And ofc S4 starts soon!! So I had to reappear so I can *squeeeeeeeeeee* just a little
              So where's the rant just commenting you want to doesn't count! Go ahead, we're very simpathetic and will be on your side!

Ooh! I'm all alone here....spooky!
              sigpic

Comment

You are never alone.....at least i know i am i have the voices in my head to keep me company. LOL
                sigpic
                Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

I second Laurie. Rant away!

Originally posted by max_omega View Post
                  You are never alone.....at least i know i am i have the voices in my head to keep me company. LOL
                  *backs away from Max slowly*

sigpic
                  Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                  My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                  Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

I'm not ready for tomorrow! Eeek!

*kicks RL*

But I can probably make up for it this weekend. It's a three-day for Canadians. Woot!
                    *plans to save time to PS*
                    I'm not ready either - had planned to get to some PSing and vidding today but ended up going out to lunch with Suz (Anderson's of course ) and then spent ages choosing new glasses at the opticians And now I'm off out for an evening with Olivia's mum, a bottle of wine and a Chinese takeaway But I too have a three-day week-end, so hopefully I'll have something to show by tomorrow pm

Of course we wood

It's alright for some - UK premiere date still hasn't been announced

I'll be keeping an eye on ITunes

Comment

I second Laurie. Rant away!

*backs away from Max slowly*

You don't have to back away, my voices are pretty content right now. Sanctuary starts tomorrow. Dies a little to see it.

And i have got to try and make some Martin art for this thread....but just don't have any good ideas.
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

I'm in the "rant away" category. Even if you spoiler it so we don't actually have, y'know read it... Nah, just kidding. Seriously, just writing stuff down even if it makes no sense to anyone but you and even if you don't want of need advice on it is very cathartic. Do it, even if just for yourself. *huggles & kicks RL up the botty*

Speaking of ranting, I did my own today. Waited in all day for a parcel... never turned up. Apparently when they tried to deliver "there was no answer at address". Except I was in. All day. Sat at my desk which is right in front of my front window plainly watching absoluetly no courier turn up to deliver... nothing. (Well ok I did take the odd 30 second break to alternate between refilling my coffee and emptying it out the other end. ) This later changed to "the courier tried to deliver but couldn't because the property is gated". Except... err... no, I don't have any gates anywhere at the front of my property. Nor walls or fences or any kind of insurmountable barrier that would prevent delivery; just a concrete drive and a shared pathway to my front door. The front door is actually on the side at the front though so perhaps that confused the courier. This then changed to "he must have tried to deliver to the wrong address" Er, yes. Because my house is really, really hard to find...
                        I assume this will change at some point to "the courier is a lying, lazy toerag and made up a missed delivery so he could skive off and we've sacked him now and will re-deliver entirely at your convenience". Do you think I'm being too optimistic? No?

Originally posted by max_omega View Post
                        And i have got to try and make some Martin art for this thread....but just don't have any good ideas.
                        Ah I am sure inspiration will dawn... hello by the way, don't think we've been prop'ly introduced. Tell you what, I'll kick my shoddy half arsed mojo up the bum if you will.

*positive employment vibes MOB*

What was the cocktail I made for the pre AT5 party now? Gah it wasn't a woo hoo... but I can certainly make some of those. Not terribly challenging to my cocktail skills mind!

*huggles Woo Hoos everywhere*
                        Last edited by Cagranosalis; 06 October 2011, 10:18 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Evening all

*sends positive job vibes to Cags and MoB*

I am so not ready for the big party, plus I have a busy weekend ahead too *kicks RL* You know how sometimes you just want the world to stop for a bit? Yeah, that's me right now Oh well, hopefully should be able to squeeze in some PS time tonight and tomorrow evening, fingers crossed!
                          sigpic
                          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Hey y'all--

I could use a little talking down:

#1- the one travel nursing co I talked to so far called me back to tell me that though they loved me, their liability insurer won't let them hire me because they don't allow them to hire midwives. Even if we are not working as midwives, but as RNs. Argh. I'm applying to other agencies, but am not optimistic. It's the ridiculous lawsuit-happy culture we have here in the US.

#2 My landlord is showing my apt this weekend. Our lease is up 12/15 and we are not renewing, obviously, since I have plans to move to Vancouver at the end of the year. However, even though I have been accepted to the program, I have not yet received the official letter that will allow me to apply for my visa. Not sure what I'm going to do, to be honest. If the visa is delayed and the travel nursing doesn't work out, I think I'm going to look into a short term sublet in the Seattle area, or someplace not to far south of the border and hole up and write etc until such time as my visa comes through. I don't know. That seems feasible, right?

#3- the midwife I am replacing on maternity leave decided to come back 10 weeks early. Her being out is the whole reason I am employed in the first place. This is super frustrating, given what went on during the credentialing process. Now I won't know until tuesday what my fate is. *sigh*

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                            I
                            1. Speaking of ranting, I did my own today. Waited in all day for a parcel... never turned up. Apparently when they tried to deliver "there was no answer at address". Except I was in. All day. Sat at my desk which is right in front of my front window plainly watching absoluetly no courier turn up to deliver... nothing. (Well ok I did take the odd 30 second break to alternate between refilling my coffee and emptying it out the other end. ) This later changed to "the courier tried to deliver but couldn't because the property is gated". Except... err... no, I don't have any gates anywhere at the front of my property. Nor walls or fences or any kind of insurmountable barrier that would prevent delivery; just a concrete drive and a shared pathway to my front door. The front door is actually on the side at the front though so perhaps that confused the courier. This then changed to "he must have tried to deliver to the wrong address" Er, yes. Because my house is really, really hard to find...
                            I assume this will change at some point to "the courier is a lying, lazy toerag and made up a missed delivery so he could skive off and we've sacked him now and will re-deliver entirely at your convenience". Do you think I'm being too optimistic? No?

2. *positive employment vibes MOB*
                            1. *Hugs.* I hate when that happens.

2. Thanks

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                            Evening all

*sends positive job vibes to Cags and MoB*

I am so not ready for the big party, plus I have a busy weekend ahead too *kicks RL* You know how sometimes you just want the world to stop for a bit? Yeah, that's me right now Oh well, hopefully should be able to squeeze in some PS time tonight and tomorrow evening, fingers crossed!
                            Dear RL: Please give a break to all woohoos everywhere.

I've got nothing for the party, ATM either, alas.
                            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

*hugs MoB* That all sounds very frustrating and unsettling, I'm not surprised you're in need of talking down.

Number one sounds very stupid, and I hope it doesn't prove to be the case for all the agencies you apply to. However, might there be other short term nursing/midwifery posts you could look into to bridge the gap before your course starts in Vancouver? Kind of more like you're doing at the moment, temp jobs or per diem cover? I know it would all be in one place but might be an alternative option? Alternatively there's the hole up and write option, which does sound kind of appealing as long as you can afford it and you can get a place to stay OK. The apartment/visa thing I'm sure will all work out OK, but inevitably being confronted with the reality of the move like that is unsettling - it's like seeing a safety net pulled out from under you, even though you were going to move anyway, knowing that someone else is going to be moving in gives you a real deadline and of course that makes you worry in terms of getting everything to work with the visa timeline. Could you chase up on the letter for the visa thing, if you're getting worried about getting it all through in time?

As for number three, that's really unfortunate, and I'll keep my fingers crossed it all sorts out. I guess being per diem you don't have any kind of contractual length of time that they have to employ you for? Here's hoping they can still find work for you.

Big hugs, and eat some of those maltesers, if they're not already gone. This sounds like a time for chocolate if ever there was one
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*huggles MoB* That's all very frustrating!

*huggles Cags*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X