The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by llp View Post
    Hey Jumblie - what's happening. Wish I could do some artwork but can only do it with a pencil or charcoal (and even that has been years) ....haven't mastered the program yet - haven't had much time to look at it!
    You can celebrate any way you want, doesn't have to be artwork Reminisce about any fun times you've had on the thread or with any of our PTB, tell us what you like about the thread, throw in some picspam - or you can just bring food and wine to help the celebrations along

So looking forward to seeing you all again next year.....well actually I'm looking forward to going to Anderson's but you can all come with me!
    Oh yes, there will definitely be a WooHoo reunion at Anderson's That's as well as the occasional lunch/dinner/afternoon tea/coffee that we can have if you're here before AT6

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
      Hehe, I can picture all the woohoos turning up at the Sanctuary set, trying to convince Martin that he'd agreed to do a con. Surely all of us couldn't have gotten it wrong...right?

Jumblie - apparently my fridge is all out of green, but holy smokes - those new sigs looks stunning!!! WTG!!!
      How I wish we could find ourselves in that exact situation!!!

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      As long as Martin's invited too, I'll be in it

I think you misunderstood me there Dee
      No I didn't. But you might have misunderstood me! Language barriers...

And I try soooo hard to convince him that it's his directing talents and Awesome personality that interests us
      That's how it always starts.

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
      *passes out brownies and apple tart* my beautiful housemate decided to bake this afternoon. Figured I should share

*huggles woohoos* I hope you're all feeling the love
      *grabs one cookie and runz away* You saw nothing!

Originally posted by boxeddreams View Post
      *pokes head in*

*waves*

*gives everyone a hug and cookie*

Hello
      *hugs* Welcome back~!!!!! So nice to see you!

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
      I've just recorded myself for a vid project for Amanda! I felt soooo stupid! I can do such a thing just for her!
      Go you! I tried that once, when it was supposed to be for her b-day message, and just the sound... and couldn't do it. LOL So again, go you! Hehe

Only if you live on Saturn or Jupiter! Hmmmmm are you devilishly punking us!
      I wasn't punking you! hahah Though I do sometimes live on Saturn, I like the rings.
      sigpic
      Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Well I hope you do - we've missed you! *hugs*

How are we? Well a lot of us are bouncing because we've registered for AT6 Sadly a lot of others are not because they haven't

Hopefully a lot of us are prepping for Celebration Week (which is what brought you in I bet ) - making artwork, writing poetry *looks at Nad and Bekki*, writing PTB fics *looks pleadingly at Pol and Sarai*, and casting our minds back over the last three years to think of awesome thread memories to post

I've spent most of today screencapping the S3 dvds, so will hopefully have some nice new picspams to contibute

Apart from that, situation pretty normal
        *hugs all*

I've been seeing it all over Twitter I was going to prereg too but didn't - too many money worries atm But if there's any tickets left later (which since there was last time I'm hoping there will be again!) I'm definitely looking into that

And if not, I hear rumours that some of you are going to Chevron?

I actually poked my head in (silently) yesterday, came on today (silently again) and then got your pm! And then said hi Iiii may have to do something for the celebration

I er... also have a new appreciation for wine *hides*

Well, even if there's no TSE2, we can always have a Woohoo meet in Van on our own. Would be just as fun and possibly less costly. I'm already volunteering to host, though I doubt I'll be able to put 12 people up. But we'll work something out.
        Hmmmm - bunk sleeping bags - 4 people high!

Morning everyone.....cool but dry here....how is it doing in the UK? Still have your heat wave??? [/QUOTE]

WooHoo meet in Van? I'll come As for the heat wave it's been raining here today (which when you've just come out of the gym is LOVELY!)

Oh yes, there will definitely be a WooHoo reunion at Anderson's That's as well as the occasional lunch/dinner/afternoon tea/coffee that we can have if you're here before AT6
        I think I need an introduction to this place, I keep missing out

Comment

*hugs all*

I've been seeing it all over Twitter I was going to prereg too but didn't - too many money worries atm But if there's any tickets left later (which since there was last time I'm hoping there will be again!) I'm definitely looking into that
          There's always a chance you can get one later - don't give up hope

And if not, I hear rumours that some of you are going to Chevron?
          You heard right

I actually poked my head in (silently) yesterday, came on today (silently again) and then got your pm! And then said hi Iiii may have to do something for the celebration
          Even if you don't have time to make anything, do come along and join in

I er... also have a new appreciation for wine *hides*
          Yay!

WooHoo meet in Van? I'll come
          Start saving your pennies, it looks like it won't be until 2013

As for the heat wave it's been raining here today (which when you've just come out of the gym is LOVELY!)
          Huh! I've still got blazing sunshine - I could do with some of that rain

I think I need an introduction to this place, I keep missing out
          You definitely do! Every WooHoo HAS to eat at Anderson's at least once - it's in your contract

Comment

LadyGalaxyJ - 769 days until November 9th 2012 ... - I think your count is a little off. There are 365 days in a year. That puts us to 10/1/12.....then another 40 days to November 9th....or 405 days! You added an extra year in there!

I think you might arrive a little late!
            Hm.
            *mutters something about pre-reg and up at 4 am*

Originally posted by josiane View Post
            *crawls in tiredly and waves*
            I'm home! Back in the UK, tea'd, showered, changed, and feeling more human than when I got off the plane earlier this morning but yeuch I hate jetlag

Good to be back

*settles in on the woohoo couch and noms some of Bekki's housemate's baking*
            Glad you're home safe.

*waves to boxeddreams*

This Woohoo has some Sunday morning adventures to tell... *clears throat*

I didn't hear my alarm this morning and woke up late. Missed my bus. So, I ended up running under a drizzle, cold and wind. Way to be awake - works even better than coffee, I'm telling you. Ran to the bus station which is usually a 40 minutes walk from my house. I did in it 28 minutes this morning. Took another bus from there and arrived at work only a few minutes late. Phew!

*is glad to be home now*
            sigpic
            Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
            My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
            Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

There's always a chance you can get one later - don't give up hope
              Totally not giving up

You heard right
              \o/ Be prepared for big hugs because it'll have been a year since the last one!

Even if you don't have time to make anything, do come along and join in
              I might have to see what I can scour from caps. Photoshop is calling to me

Yay!
              Buuuut only with lemonade. And so far only white. (and extra nice with Apple Sourz.... )

Start saving your pennies, it looks like it won't be until 2013
              I can do that (Two savings funds are going to be amusing though jeepers)

Huh! I've still got blazing sunshine - I could do with some of that rain
              HAVE IT!!!

You definitely do! Every WooHoo HAS to eat at Anderson's at least once - it's in your contract
              Contract? I don't remember signing one.... did you get me drunk?

But yes I MUST!

Comment

Hello WooHoooooos!

WOOHOO to Andersons! What? I get excited...

*hugs you all*

I feel guilty about something that makes no sense because I've yet to do it. My uncle Mike has had a stroke & his mum (my grandma) is selling his car for him, and offering if to me for cheaper, etc, and it's a good car (10 years old, in good condition, etc etc). But I had this feeling I'd get excited and then I felt bad because he's ill... and he's having to sell his car because he can't drive it. Am I making any sense to anyone or have I lost my mind?
                sigpic
                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Antoa - I don't thing they sell out until just before the event. It will only mean you sit back further in the auditorium. First time I went I was in the next to last row and still could see just fine. Just being there is what counts. And as you remember, what goes on in the lounge area is a blast. However, Cecil is pissed because I didn't buy him a ticket....he has to stay home with the cats!
                  That wasn't true for AT5, so if AT6 is organised in the same way, it won't matter when you buy your ticket.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                  *crawls in tiredly and waves*
                  I'm home! Back in the UK, tea'd, showered, changed, and feeling more human than when I got off the plane earlier this morning but yeuch I hate jetlag

Good to be back

*settles in on the woohoo couch and noms some of Bekki's housemate's baking*
                  WELCOME HOME, JOSI!!!!!!

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                  This Woohoo has some Sunday morning adventures to tell... *clears throat*

I didn't hear my alarm this morning and woke up late. Missed my bus. So, I ended up running under a drizzle, cold and wind. Way to be awake - works even better than coffee, I'm telling you. Ran to the bus station which is usually a 40 minutes walk from my house. I did in it 28 minutes this morning. Took another bus from there and arrived at work only a few minutes late. Phew!

*is glad to be home now*
                  That's good timing you made there!
                  sigpic
                  Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Totally not giving up

o/ Be prepared for big hugs because it'll have been a year since the last one!
                    Can't wait!!!

Buuuut only with lemonade. And so far only white. (and extra nice with Apple Sourz.... )
                    You desecrate wine with lemonade?????

Actually, I seem to remember a time when I did that, but my taste buds matured and I'm sure yours will too

I can do that (Two savings funds are going to be amusing though jeepers)

HAVE IT!!!

Contract? I don't remember signing one.... did you get me drunk?

But yes I MUST!
                    It's a verbal Contract - perfectly legal!

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                    Hello WooHoooooos!

WOOHOO to Andersons! What? I get excited...

*hugs you all*

I feel guilty about something that makes no sense because I've yet to do it. My uncle Mike has had a stroke & his mum (my grandma) is selling his car for him, and offering if to me for cheaper, etc, and it's a good car (10 years old, in good condition, etc etc). But I had this feeling I'd get excited and then I felt bad because he's ill... and he's having to sell his car because he can't drive it. Am I making any sense to anyone or have I lost my mind?
                    No point in feeling guilty - it's your first car and that has to be exciting, and it's not your fault that you uncle is ill and can't use his car anymore. Just accept it gracefully and do your bouncing where the family can't see you

That wasn't true for AT5, so if AT6 is organised in the same way, it won't matter when you buy your ticket.
                    For AT5 the seating allocations were done by lottery, so it didn't matter when you bought your ticket, but for AT6 it's being done on a 'first come, first served' basis, so the earlier you book the closer you are to the front. Tbh, it's such a small hall I don't think it really matters that much where you sit - plus the fact that Amanda wanders around anyway, so you'll still get to see her up close there as well as at the auto and photo ops

Comment

You desecrate wine with lemonade?????

Actually, I seem to remember a time when I did that, but my taste buds matured and I'm sure yours will too
                      I don't like the taste of it on its own I've tried quite a few wines (holiday wine tasting) and they were all ick.

It's a verbal Contract - perfectly legal!
                      .... we're WooHoos, are you sure?

For AT5 the seating allocations were done by lottery, so it didn't matter when you bought your ticket, but for AT6 it's being done on a 'first come, first served' basis, so the earlier you book the closer you are to the front. Tbh, it's such a small hall I don't think it really matters that much where you sit - plus the fact that Amanda wanders around anyway, so you'll still get to see her up close there as well as at the auto and photo ops
                      I was quite near the back but my seat was next to where she came out, so that mini mess up where she came out too early I was three seats away from where she was stood. And the fact that Jenn kept bidding like a crazy girl brought her over a lot! But being nearer the back doesn't change anything from the view - you can see it all perfectly it's just a little further back, there's only... 16ish rows? And they're spaced close together

Comment

Don't feel guilty. It's perfectly normal. It's normal if she offers it to you for cheaper. You're family and it's probably her way to help you get a car too.
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't like the taste of it on its own I've tried quite a few wines (holiday wine tasting) and they were all ick.
                          And yet you still drink it?

... we're WooHoos, are you sure?
                          Absolutely! It's WooHoo Flexi-Law which means we pretty much make it up as we go along In the clause referring to Anderson's, we give all non-UK WooHoos a whole lifetime to comply, but UK WooHoos are more strictly policed - you MUST come to Anderson's within 5 years of joining

I was quite near the back but my seat was next to where she came out, so that mini mess up where she came out too early I was three seats away from where she was stood. And the fact that Jenn kept bidding like a crazy girl brought her over a lot! But being nearer the back doesn't change anything from the view - you can see it all perfectly it's just a little further back, there's only... 16ish rows? And they're spaced close together
                          The whole thing is designed to be intimate, that's why there is a limit on the number of tickets available I was really lucky to be so close to the front last time, but it won't bother me if I'm further back next time

Comment

Glad to know I have some time to get to Anderson's before my WooHoo card is taken away for non-compliance.
                            sigpic

Comment

And I will happily comply to this law next year.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                                Glad to know I have some time to get to Anderson's before my WooHoo card is taken away for non-compliance.
                                It wood be a bit unfair to insist upon it for our overseas WooHoos

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                                And I will happily comply to this law next year.
                                *bounces*

I feel like some Martinpicspam..........

(BEARD!!! )

And of course, the best one.......

*sigh*

Comment

Working...
                                X