No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys Nice to share a bit of good news finally instead of all this woe I've been dumping on you. Better shoot though, the big move commences! Eep !!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
      Thanks guys Nice to share a bit of good news finally instead of all this woe I've been dumping on you. Better shoot though, the big move commences! Eep !!
      We don't mind the woe being dumped on us Very very happy that you've got your own home at last

Don't forget to let me have your address -including postcode so that Woody doesn't get lost

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
        1. Now, now. I'm actually pretty okay with a sword. Not dangerous at all. I swear.

2.True. And my patients like my small hands too. Plus they are gentle and good for maneuvering out stuck babies on the rare occasion that happens.

*waves to Laurie*

I might be living in your vicinity for a few months before officially settling into Van. since the first 3 months of my midwifery bridging program are distance learning, I am going to look into a travel nursing position in Seattle, so I can have less time without an income in 2012.

BTW- AT6 is going to be rather expensive, yikes! 225 GBP. That's like nearly $300US. Ah well, I'll suck it up. Pay for the ticket in Jan, the flight in Sept, the hotel in Nov. It spreads out. Though I'll probably just fly in for the weekend. Worth it to see you lot.
        I would enjoy seeing you and showing you around. Just remember - I'm getting older as we speak and might take a little time keeping up with you! Are you actually going to be living in this area for awhile? Are you going to drive out here with all your stuff or what?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
          True. Maybe we can Skype later?
          Name a time....and I'll be there!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
            BTW- AT6 is going to be rather expensive, yikes! 225 GBP. That's like nearly $300US. Ah well, I'll suck it up. Pay for the ticket in Jan, the flight in Sept, the hotel in Nov. It spreads out. Though I'll probably just fly in for the weekend. Worth it to see you lot.
            Not sure which conversion you are using, but google says that 225GBP is about $350. I know I paid $315 for AT5, so I don't think a $35 increase is too bad (assuming the conversion rate doesn't tank too much between now and January).

And spreading the expenses out does help a lot. Though I am more than willing to dip into the savings account for this trip if needed.

But they really didn't give us too much notice. Scrambling a bit today to coordinate with my UK buddy that will be registering us *hugs the PegYn* Sending her the money via PayPal and having her send the cheque is so much cheaper (and easier) than trying to do an international bank transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
              Name a time....and I'll be there!
              How about 8pm? Two hours from now

Originally posted by antoa View Post
              Not sure which conversion you are using, but google says that 225GBP is about $350. I know I paid $315 for AT5, so I don't think a $35 increase is too bad (assuming the conversion rate doesn't tank too much between now and January).

And spreading the expenses out does help a lot. Though I am more than willing to dip into the savings account for this trip if needed.

But they really didn't give us too much notice. Scrambling a bit today to coordinate with my UK buddy that will be registering us *hugs the PegYn* Sending her the money via PayPal and having her send the cheque is so much cheaper (and easier) than trying to do an international bank transfer.
              No, they didn't - I thought I had a few months to decide whether to go, not 36 hours

Comment

MoB - a quote from Amanda "Hey, if you're in NYC on Oct. 7 join @RobinDunne and I at the NBC Experience Store in Rock Centre at 10AM! Hope to see you there!"

Sounds like you are going to have company on the 7th.....you need to go there to represent the WooHoos! And that goes for all are local (for NYC) Woohoos!
                sigpic

Comment

Jumble - in 2 hours.....works for me! See ya then!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post

Question for MoB: How do you catch babies with those tiny hands?
                    It's what they were born to do.

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                    Afternoon all *waves*

Bree and Char, all my love and hugs, good wishes and thoughts are with you at this horrible time. Wishing Char a speedy, and smooth, recovery (((((Bree and Char)))))

In house news...we are FINALLY IN!! Got the keys earlier today so will be moving things over, and of course spending the bulk of the weekend ferrying stuff back and forth
                    *does a little dance*
                    w00t! YAY!

I would enjoy seeing you and showing you around. Just remember - I'm getting older as we speak and might take a little time keeping up with you! Are you actually going to be living in this area for awhile? Are you going to drive out here with all your stuff or what?
                    I don't know yet. It's a possibility that I am looking in to. We shall see.

I wasn't using any converter. It was 4:30a when I saw the tweet, so I was just thinking, wow, that's a lot of money. Plus my bank charges outrageous fees for the transfer. Also a little afraid of deciding now. Though I suppose I won't know any more in January than I do now. I'm going to have to risk it.

MoB - a quote from Amanda "Hey, if you're in NYC on Oct. 7 join @RobinDunne and I at the NBC Experience Store in Rock Centre at 10AM! Hope to see you there!"

Sounds like you are going to have company on the 7th.....you need to go there to represent the WooHoos! And that goes for all are local (for NYC) Woohoos!
                    Imma try to go.
                    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

MoB - check your pm's

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                        Yesterday I cleaned out the wreckage that was my car and all I could do was cry and thank God that Charmaine was pulled out alive. She has a long road ahead but she is finally out of ICU. Thank you all for prayers said, good vibes sent, positive juju, good mojo, whatever you sent and please send more.

Char is finally out of ICU but she has a long road of recovery ahead of her. She broke her right arm. According to the Orthopedic Surgeon it was a horrible break. I saw it before the temporary cast went on and it was all I could do to stay standing as the bone was poking out. The bone is not supposed to be on the outside. Nuff said. anyway, it will require surgery. Her mind is better today. She is regaining more of her memory as each day passes and that is a blessing. She always remembered me but could not recall much else. Today she was able to fully recall the accident and what happened just before the two cars collided. she was dizzy, she couldn't remember where she was, she couldn't remember where she was going, she did not know why she was in the car. I can't even begin to imagine how terrifying that was for her.
                        She may never be able to drive again, she may never be able to work, at least not in a regular job, but those bridges will be crossed when we get to them.
                        If you think your life sucks feel free to compare it to ours so you'll feel better in comparison. Please don't be offended by that as I have a weird sense of humor when flat out exhausted.
                        I am going to sleep now so *huggles Woohoos*
                        Bree

BTW-I still love Amanda and Martin even tho' I don't get in here very much. Life keeps kicking me ar$e and keeping me away.
                        There is really nothing I can add to your comments other than to say my prayers go to you both. Hang in there my friend. I could quote all sorts of sayings but the truth is the strength you need is inside you both. I wish I wasn't at the other end of the nation so I could help. I can only hope my good wishes will help in some little way.
                        ^ This is what I wanted to say but you said it so much better than I could.

((((((((((Bree & Char))))))))))

If I could reach through the computer via the internet those hugs wouldn't be just virtual.

ETA: Sarai - Woohood! Congratulations!!!
                        Last edited by Estrela; 30 September 2011, 12:38 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                          MoB - check your pm's

Ugh. I got such a crappy sleep today. It is going to be an interesting night tonight. Hoping for a quiet one. My last 2 have been pretty busy and we did have a blizzard 9 months ago...
                          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Hrmmm... has MoB also been 'adopted' by a friendly Brit to cut down on bank transfer fees....

This is all so sudden, but I know I have the money in my savings (at the very least) so I can pay for it January. And I do plan on going unless some unforeseeable circumstance prevents it (though even unemployment didn't prevent me from AT4 and AT5 thanks to careful planning and a healthy savings account (and a few wonderful friends who treated me to dinner!)) I do plan on 'paying it forward' now that I am employed. Maybe even participate in the auction!

Comment

Hrmmm... has MoB also been 'adopted' by a friendly Brit to cut down on bank transfer fees....

This is all so sudden, but I know I have the money in my savings (at the very least) so I can pay for it January. And I do plan on going unless some unforeseeable circumstance prevents it (though even unemployment didn't prevent me from AT4 and AT5 thanks to careful planning and a healthy savings account (and a few wonderful friends who treated me to dinner!)) I do plan on 'paying it forward' now that I am employed. Maybe even participate in the auction!
                              Friendly Brits are so... friendly!

I'm psyched to go again, it was such a lovely time last time. Though I have the feeling this time I'll be flying in thursday morning and leaving monday. I'm going to be so wicked jet-lagged.

OTOH- Just got off the phone with a travel nursing company and I may be working in LA or Seattle doing some L&D nursing from Dec-Feb for 13 weeks. This would be AWESOME, because the first 3 months of the mw program are distance, and travel nursing companies pay for your housing & utilities +stipend for the three months, so the only things I'll have to pay for are cable/internet and car/gas expenses. This means I could essentially save most of what I'm earning for the months in Vancouver (about 6 of them) when I will not be getting paid to work. *fingers crossed* This would be so great and would leave my savings largely intact.

Antoa- you still interested in working on that auction project we had talked about at AT5?
                              sigpic

Comment

Hello WooHoos!!!

Tried to catch up a bit but once again you're all so chatty!

*huggles you all*

Yay to Sarai, I'm so pleased you got the house and are in!!!! This makes me bouncy for you guys so yay *high-fives*

Estrela, Better from the A&E thing? I'm better than I was, but not 100%. Thank you. *huggles*

Nice to see you around, Cags
                                *high-fives you all*
                                sigpic
                                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Working...
                                X