Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    Hi Pol..... oh, she's gone

You know what I hate about horses? When you get home you can still smell them

*runz off to the shower*
    Hey Jumble. Sorry I missed you. I pop in and out while doing a zillion other things. Off to give an exam now!
    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
      *happy dances back into the thread*

I see everyone's been busy.

Welcome back Cags! You've been missed.

Laurie I'm glad your move and house sale finally went well for you. Been there and done that so I can sympathize a bit on how nasty it can be. *shivers at the thought and crosses fingers that I never have to do that again*

....and I've forgotten everything else I wanted to say so I think I'll go settle on the Woohoo couch and take a nap until you all get back.
      Hey, how you doing? As for the house, I am so glad it sold so quickly. I actually have another home in New Mexico, but it won't sell as easily. It isn't worth as much as I paid for it anymore. And it wasn't as valuable a piece of property as my Seal Beach home that I did live in for about 16 years. Bought it after my brother suggested it might be a good deal....used the money my mom left me. At least it is rented, but now I have to repair a portion of the roof and fix the screens. Seems to cost me more to rent it out then I get! But not a good time to sell. I will just have to hope it won't cost me too much more. Maybe I can sell it next summer as a rental property or not!

As for the move, well, I almost have the kitchen set up. Probably be done with that tomorrow. However, I still have the living room, 2 bedrooms and the dining room, oh and the bathrooms to set up....Seems to be a never ending job!

Waves at Jumble! Haven't talked with you in a long time!
      sigpic

Comment

Hi Pol..... oh, she's gone

You know what I hate about horses? When you get home you can still smell them

*runz off to the shower*
        It's the same thing I hate about boats. When you get home, it's still rocking...

*was gonna just lurk so please excuse the only one quote*

*huggles everyone*

And it's so nice to see you Cags!!!!

*drops dead in the bed*
        sigpic
        Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Yesterday I cleaned out the wreckage that was my car and all I could do was cry and thank God that Charmaine was pulled out alive. She has a long road ahead but she is finally out of ICU. Thank you all for prayers said, good vibes sent, positive juju, good mojo, whatever you sent and please send more.

Char is finally out of ICU but she has a long road of recovery ahead of her. She broke her right arm. According to the Orthopedic Surgeon it was a horrible break. I saw it before the temporary cast went on and it was all I could do to stay standing as the bone was poking out. The bone is not supposed to be on the outside. Nuff said. anyway, it will require surgery. Her mind is better today. She is regaining more of her memory as each day passes and that is a blessing. She always remembered me but could not recall much else. Today she was able to fully recall the accident and what happened just before the two cars collided. she was dizzy, she couldn't remember where she was, she couldn't remember where she was going, she did not know why she was in the car. I can't even begin to imagine how terrifying that was for her.
          She may never be able to drive again, she may never be able to work, at least not in a regular job, but those bridges will be crossed when we get to them.
          If you think your life sucks feel free to compare it to ours so you'll feel better in comparison. Please don't be offended by that as I have a weird sense of humor when flat out exhausted.
          I am going to sleep now so *huggles Woohoos*
          Bree

BTW-I still love Amanda and Martin even tho' I don't get in here very much. Life keeps kicking me ar$e and keeping me away.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
            Yesterday I cleaned out the wreckage that was my car and all I could do was cry and thank God that Charmaine was pulled out alive. She has a long road ahead but she is finally out of ICU. Thank you all for prayers said, good vibes sent, positive juju, good mojo, whatever you sent and please send more.

Char is finally out of ICU but she has a long road of recovery ahead of her. She broke her right arm. According to the Orthopedic Surgeon it was a horrible break. I saw it before the temporary cast went on and it was all I could do to stay standing as the bone was poking out. The bone is not supposed to be on the outside. Nuff said. anyway, it will require surgery. Her mind is better today. She is regaining more of her memory as each day passes and that is a blessing. She always remembered me but could not recall much else. Today she was able to fully recall the accident and what happened just before the two cars collided. she was dizzy, she couldn't remember where she was, she couldn't remember where she was going, she did not know why she was in the car. I can't even begin to imagine how terrifying that was for her.
            She may never be able to drive again, she may never be able to work, at least not in a regular job, but those bridges will be crossed when we get to them.
            If you think your life sucks feel free to compare it to ours so you'll feel better in comparison. Please don't be offended by that as I have a weird sense of humor when flat out exhausted.
            I am going to sleep now so *huggles Woohoos*
            Bree

BTW-I still love Amanda and Martin even tho' I don't get in here very much. Life keeps kicking me ar$e and keeping me away.
            There is really nothing I can add to your comments other than to say my prayers go to you both. Hang in there my friend. I could quote all sorts of sayings but the truth is the strength you need is inside you both. I wish I wasn't at the other end of the nation so I could help. I can only hope my good wishes will help in some little way.
            sigpic

Comment

*cautious hugs to Bree and Char* sending more prayers and good vibes

Question for MoB: How do you catch babies with those tiny hands?

Just got home a bit ago from Open House at school. Very long day. I'm exhausted. Catch y'all later.
              sigpic

Comment

AT6 Pre-Registration: http://www.gabitevents.co.uk/AT6_FAQ.html
                sigpic
                Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Sending hugs and healing to Char and hugs and support to Bree.
                  Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

1. You've got to admit, that's a scary prospect

2. Nothing wrong with having small hands - large hands look better on men than on ladies
                    1. Now, now. I'm actually pretty okay with a sword. Not dangerous at all. I swear.

2.True. And my patients like my small hands too. Plus they are gentle and good for maneuvering out stuck babies on the rare occasion that happens.

Originally posted by llp View Post
                    Hey, how you doing? As for the house, I am so glad it sold so quickly. I actually have another home in New Mexico, but it won't sell as easily. It isn't worth as much as I paid for it anymore. And it wasn't as valuable a piece of property as my Seal Beach home that I did live in for about 16 years. Bought it after my brother suggested it might be a good deal....used the money my mom left me. At least it is rented, but now I have to repair a portion of the roof and fix the screens. Seems to cost me more to rent it out then I get! But not a good time to sell. I will just have to hope it won't cost me too much more. Maybe I can sell it next summer as a rental property or not!

As for the move, well, I almost have the kitchen set up. Probably be done with that tomorrow. However, I still have the living room, 2 bedrooms and the dining room, oh and the bathrooms to set up....Seems to be a never ending job!

*waves to Laurie*

I might be living in your vicinity for a few months before officially settling into Van. since the first 3 months of my midwifery bridging program are distance learning, I am going to look into a travel nursing position in Seattle, so I can have less time without an income in 2012.

BTW- AT6 is going to be rather expensive, yikes! 225 GBP. That's like nearly $300US. Ah well, I'll suck it up. Pay for the ticket in Jan, the flight in Sept, the hotel in Nov. It spreads out. Though I'll probably just fly in for the weekend. Worth it to see you lot.
                    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Hello lovely woohoos *huggles everyone tight*

Bree - sending all my love to you and Char. Let us know if there's anything at all we can do to help!

Ooh, I just remembered I had a woohoo dream last night!! how fun!! I was in New York on a stop over before a trip to Europe and I had forgotten to tell MoB I wood be there! I was super excited to meet her, but I couldn't get onto GW and I had no way of contacting her to tell her I was there! Then I realized I could call Josi and ask her to tell MoB for me, but before I knew it I was in my car, driving out of New York on a big highway that was taking me to Pennsylvania, trying to text Josi at the same time. I got really upset that I was somehow not in NY anymore and that I wood never get to meet MoB...and then I woke up...

odd...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                        Hello lovely woohoos *huggles everyone tight*

Bree - sending all my love to you and Char. Let us know if there's anything at all we can do to help!

Ooh, I just remembered I had a woohoo dream last night!! how fun!! I was in New York on a stop over before a trip to Europe and I had forgotten to tell MoB I wood be there! I was super excited to meet her, but I couldn't get onto GW and I had no way of contacting her to tell her I was there! Then I realized I could call Josi and ask her to tell MoB for me, but before I knew it I was in my car, driving out of New York on a big highway that was taking me to Pennsylvania, trying to text Josi at the same time. I got really upset that I was somehow not in NY anymore and that I wood never get to meet MoB...and then I woke up...

odd...
                        Aw! *hugs*

It'll be easier for you to visit me on the west coast anyhow. Just sayin.
                        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post

True. Maybe we can Skype later?

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                          It's the same thing I hate about boats. When you get home, it's still rocking...

*was gonna just lurk so please excuse the only one quote*

*huggles everyone*

And it's so nice to see you Cags!!!!

*drops dead in the bed*
                          I think that's more to do with the wine than the boat

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                          *cautious hugs to Bree and Char* sending more prayers and good vibes

Question for MoB: How do you catch babies with those tiny hands?

Just got home a bit ago from Open House at school. Very long day. I'm exhausted. Catch y'all later.
                          I'm sure all those mums really appreciate her small hands

Bringing this over from the GABIT thread for anyone interested:

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                          Important Announcement re AT6

Following a meeting three weeks ago with our Staff and Senior Stewards and after much discussion we have decided to offer pre-registration for AT6.

Therefore at 9.00 am (British local time) on Saturday 1st October 2011 we will open our Registration for pre-registration.

Pre-registration means that you can register for a ticket for AT6 and receive confirmation just over 48 hours later that you have been successful or be informed that you have not. If you are successful your ticket for AT6 is guaranteed provided that you meet the payment deadline which will be forwarded to you. Payment for tickets will be expected in January 2012.

Please note that we will be very strict on payment this time. If you do not meet the set deadline then your ticket will be forfeit and you will not be allowed to pre-reg for any future Gabit Events. Pre-registration is a matter of trust between Gabit and the attendee. Please do not abuse it.

All information about AT6 and why we are doing this is on our website.

www.gabitevents.co.uk

See you all on Saturday!

The G4
                          Not giving us much notice to decide are they?

Comment

Afternoon all *waves*

Bree and Char, all my love and hugs, good wishes and thoughts are with you at this horrible time. Wishing Char a speedy, and smooth, recovery (((((Bree and Char)))))

In house news...we are FINALLY IN!! Got the keys earlier today so will be moving things over, and of course spending the bulk of the weekend ferrying stuff back and forth
                            *does a little dance*

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                              Afternoon all *waves*

Bree and Char, all my love and hugs, good wishes and thoughts are with you at this horrible time. Wishing Char a speedy, and smooth, recovery (((((Bree and Char)))))

In house news...we are FINALLY IN!! Got the keys earlier today so will be moving things over, and of course spending the bulk of the weekend ferrying stuff back and forth
                              *does a little dance*
                              WOOHOOOOOOOOD!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

*does a crazy happy dance and shimmies like mad*

Comment

WOOHOOD Sarai! That's such great news! So happy for you!

*happy dances and shimmies with Jumble*
                                sigpic
                                Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                                My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                                Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Working...
                                X