No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well hello Conn. I'm Val. Like I said, thiiiis close to 15, so I'm one of the youngest members here. Resident Bones fanatic, super amazingly fantastic. <3 AND I'VE BEEN GONE FOR LIKE, I DUNNO, FOUR, FIVE-ISH MONTHS, MAYBE?

I'm not usually this hyper, sometimes. Haha, just had a bad weekday and I need some funness.

SO, you and all other new Woohoos, please, tell me something about yourself.
    sigpic

Comment

(15! Thats a good year) And good luck with the musical. I did pit musicals in HS and they are so fun.

I am called conn8d because that is the type of french horn I play. Ubernerdy. I just graduated with my BA in History in May and I start graduate school in Museology next week! Er...I grew up in Las Vegas, and have worked in some museums there. (Got some crazy stories, but good times were had by all generally.)

I interned at a museum in London last summer. Said museum was directed by Lars Tharp, sometime host of the uk antiques roadshow. Of the 3 interns there I was the only american so I didn't recognize him (we have different hosts for the us version).They squeed, and while I desperately tried to figure out who he was. My co-workers found this funny.

so...yeah.

PS BONES! I love Bones! Can't wait for this new season...

Comment

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
        Well hello Conn. I'm Val. Like I said, thiiiis close to 15, so I'm one of the youngest members here. Resident Bones fanatic, super amazingly fantastic. <3 AND I'VE BEEN GONE FOR LIKE, I DUNNO, FOUR, FIVE-ISH MONTHS, MAYBE?

I'm not usually this hyper, sometimes. Haha, just had a bad weekday and I need some funness.

SO, you and all other new Woohoos, please, tell me something about yourself.
        Hey as a resident "Bones" expert - when does their season start??? I know Castle starts tonight and Sanctuary I am well aware of when they start....so?????

sigpic

Comment

Well all the china has been moved today. Yesterday I moved the crystal. Tomorrow I move other breakables and the food from the freezer. Then Wednesday - the big move! Be happy when it is all over!
          sigpic

Comment

Evening Woohoos!
            I'm too lazy to even hit the MQ button tonight. Bleh.

Amy - That hamster is a cutie! (Why, yes, I do have a crush on every animal. Blame it on the lack of one in my childhood. Haha!)

MoB - I'm glad you'll be able to have more shifts at work. You (and your moving fund) deserve it!

*waves to Val* Good to see you here! I do believe we met, however briefly maybe? I feel like I know you anyway.

Laurie - That is so soon! I'm so happy for you!
            sigpic
            Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
            My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
            Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Good evening WooHoos!
              Busy around here today.
              Sorry about the car accident - you're right, technology is culpable.
              Adorable hamster Tesla. Glad he doesn't bite.
              15 is a great age - that makes you a sophomore, right? Knock 'em dead in the school musical! I'm a high school teacher.
              Great about the additional shifts at work MoB!
              Just about time for Antiques Roadshow here - can't miss that!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                Well all the china has been moved today. Yesterday I moved the crystal. Tomorrow I move other breakables and the food from the freezer. Then Wednesday - the big move! Be happy when it is all over!
                Well done! *applause*
                Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post

MoB - I'm glad you'll be able to have more shifts at work. You (and your moving fund) deserve it!
                Gracias! I do want to be comfortable these next few months, not living on a strict budget...

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                Good evening WooHoos!
                Busy around here today.
                Sorry about the car accident - you're right, technology is culpable.
                Adorable hamster Tesla. Glad he doesn't bite.
                15 is a great age - that makes you a sophomore, right? Knock 'em dead in the school musical! I'm a high school teacher.
                Great about the additional shifts at work MoB!
                Just about time for Antiques Roadshow here - can't miss that!
                Andi was watching that when I walked into the door. I had no idea she was into antiques! (and we've been roommates for 3.5 years!)
                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by Conn8d View Post
                  (15! Thats a good year) And good luck with the musical. I did pit musicals in HS and they are so fun.
                  Thanks. But um... they had 103 people audition, and as a tiny little Freshman with no experience, I didn't get in. Oh well, there's always the Spring Show. (According to said boy a lot less people try out for that one )

I am called conn8d because that is the type of french horn I play. Ubernerdy. I just graduated with my BA in History in May and I start graduate school in Museology next week! Er...I grew up in Las Vegas, and have worked in some museums there. (Got some crazy stories, but good times were had by all generally.)

I interned at a museum in London last summer. Said museum was directed by Lars Tharp, sometime host of the uk antiques roadshow. Of the 3 interns there I was the only american so I didn't recognize him (we have different hosts for the us version).They squeed, and while I desperately tried to figure out who he was. My co-workers found this funny.

so...yeah.
                  Pretty freaking awesome if you ask me. And hey, I know Vegas, lived there for two years and my brother and sis-in-law/niece and nephew still live there.

PS BONES! I love Bones! :-D Can't wait for this new season...

Hey as a resident "Bones" expert - when does their season start??? I know Castle starts tonight and Sanctuary I am well aware of when they start....so?????

November 3rd.

I know what you're thinking, and yes, UGH.

*waves to Val* Good to see you here! I do believe we met, however briefly maybe? I feel like I know you anyway. ;-)
                  I do believe so. Glad to be here.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                  Freshman, cut off date here is Sept 1st. :\\ Which really ticks me cause all my friends are Sophomores. THREE WEEKS, Missed it by three weeks.

And thanks, but ah, as I said above... I will definitely need it for the other one though, we're doing this play called The Foreigner (gonna be amazing. <3) and I'm hoping for a somewhat larger role than background.
                  sigpic

Comment

I love Castle. I really do.

sigpic

Comment

I love Castle. I really do.

O. M. G. That premiere.

Yum.
                      Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

Amy, Tesla is so cute!
                        (Yes, I did mean the hamster)

Welcome back, Val!
                        *hugs*

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                        Congrats on the job!

This is why my middle name is Luddite:

I was at work yesterday, planning to be there all day to get work done before I leave on holiday. We were having a problem with our server. The IT guy came to fix it and claimed it would only be 1/2 hour. I decided I would go run an errand to buy something for the trip (something I would not have been doing that day except for the computer problem). While leaving the store to go back to the office I was hit by a car. Wouldn't have been there if not for the stupid technology! So there you have it. Technology causes car accidents!

PS. I actually took over 3 hours to correct the server problem--I gave up waiting after that long and went home.

PPS. No major injuries to any of the parties involved.
                        That's good.

WooHood!
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Hiyo woohoos *huggles*

Welcome back Valerie!

Seeing as we're in a musical mood, I had a neat breakthrough with Flagmaker 1775 today! Hoorah for legit technique teachers in a music theatre course! I sound like a classical soprano again!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                            O. M. G. That premiere.

Yum.
                            I know right?! (Spoilers ahead. Don't read if you haven't seen it you all!)
                            Spoiler:
                            And for the record, I didn't see the end coming. I really thought she had forgotten everything.

I sense angst in the future!

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                            *hugs WooHoos*

Amy, Tesla is so cute!
                            (Yes, I did mean the hamster)
                            You just keep telling yourself that.

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                            Seeing as we're in a musical mood, I had a neat breakthrough with Flagmaker 1775 today! Hoorah for legit technique teachers in a music theatre course! I sound like a classical soprano again!
                            Woot!
                            sigpic

Comment

*has not to click the spoiler button*
                              *sigh*
                              sigpic
                              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                                *has not to click the spoiler button*
                                *sigh*
                                Aw. *hugs you*

When will you see it?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X