No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The more I think about it, the more bummed I am that I don't have more work at the hospital. Poo. I really did think it would be more... Ah, well. I'm putting myself out there, and I did tell them that I was willing to be called in if someone calls sick. Here's hoping that I can canvass enough to get other work in the mean time.
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

My goodness the ScFi talk has really gone on a long time...

There use to be one other show that I really loved called Babylon 5. The story lines were quite complicated but I loved watching that show. Good guys sometimes behaved badly and bad guys sometimes behave admirably....more like real life. And it actually had a real end to the story. I think it ran for 5 years and I watched every episode. Did anyone ever watch that one?

Today has been a lovely quiet day. Went to Petco to pick up a new litter box and a carry box to move one of the cats (had one already). Had breakfast at McDonald's, (and it tasted good - biscuit, eggs, and bacon) and then went to the store and picked up dinner (Chinese) and a few snack items. Half the stuff remained in the car - going to the new place....everything else (including the food) came inside. I have decided I am through cooking until I move except to heat up things and make salads....love a great salad. Taking life easy for the next few days!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post

I guess you scared them away

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

Hm. And we're down to 6.
        Nudity scares them.

I love it how Nad was more diplomatic about this.

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
        The more I think about it, the more bummed I am that I don't have more work at the hospital. Poo. I really did think it would be more... Ah, well. I'm putting myself out there, and I did tell them that I was willing to be called in if someone calls sick. Here's hoping that I can canvass enough to get other work in the mean time.
        ((hugs)) On the bright side, you're really doing some interesting stuff on the side.

Originally posted by llp View Post
        My goodness the ScFi talk has really gone on a long time...

There use to be one other show that I really loved called Babylon 5. The story lines were quite complicated but I loved watching that show. Good guys sometimes behaved badly and bad guys sometimes behave admirably....more like real life. And it actually had a real end to the story. I think it ran for 5 years and I watched every episode. Did anyone ever watch that one?

Today has been a lovely quiet day. Went to Petco to pick up a new litter box and a carry box to move one of the cats (had one already). Had breakfast at McDonald's, (and it tasted good - biscuit, eggs, and bacon) and then went to the store and picked up dinner (Chinese) and a few snack items. Half the stuff remained in the car - going to the new place....everything else (including the food) came inside. I have decided I am through cooking until I move except to heat up things and make salads....love a great salad. Taking life easy for the next few days!
        Looooooove Babylon 5!!!! My fav ep is when the story is told from the perspective of the two workers while there's an attack on the station! Dellenn and John (((hugs them))) Plus Mira Furlan is my fav Croatian actress, so that was a huge plus to B5 from the start.
        sigpic
        Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
          1. ((hugs)) On the bright side, you're really doing some interesting stuff on the side.

2. Looooooove Babylon 5!!!! My fav ep is when the story is told from the perspective of the two workers while there's an attack on the station! Dellenn and John (((hugs them))) Plus Mira Furlan is my fav Croatian actress, so that was a huge plus to B5 from the start.
          1. Which I'm doing out of love because they pay very poorly, if at all!

2. I'm working my way through B5. Season 1 was rather painful, but it definitely gets better.
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

OK Woohoos, just dropping by quickly to say adios - got to get up at the crack of dawn to catch the bus to Heathrow and then USA here I come! Will try and pop in on occasion while I'm away, but otherwise, be good

*hugs you* Hope you can get some more hours and other work. On a small bright side, a week tomorrow I'll be coming to New York

Woodnight Woohoos all! *huggles*
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

1. Which I'm doing out of love because they pay very poorly, if at all!

2. I'm working my way through B5. Season 1 was rather painful, but it definitely gets better.
              1. I know But at least it's something to do And you're having fun!

2. Yes, yes yes! It gets so much better. It's the only show where the concept for the beginning, the middle and the end was thought about before it even started prepping. Very well written.

Edit: Bye Josi! Have a safe journey and lots of fun!!!
              sigpic
              Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                OK Woohoos, just dropping by quickly to say adios - got to get up at the crack of dawn to catch the bus to Heathrow and then USA here I come! Will try and pop in on occasion while I'm away, but otherwise, be good

*hugs you* Hope you can get some more hours and other work. On a small bright side, a week tomorrow I'll be coming to New York

Can't wait to see you!

1. I know But at least it's something to do And you're having fun!

2. Yes, yes yes! It gets so much better. It's the only show where the concept for the beginning, the middle and the end was thought about before it even started prepping. Very well written.

Edit: Bye Josi! Have a safe journey and lots of fun!!!
                Yeah. I'm sure the stress will work it's way out. I am not going to starve as I am working enough to pay my bills. I just was hoping for more hours. *sigh*

ETA: I just emailed the head of the dept to try to clear up the shift schedule, since I took this job with the understanding I'd be getting 3 shifts/week and gave up the opportunity for full-time employment at my old, horrible job to move to this hospital.
                Last edited by MidwifeOnBoard; 16 September 2011, 01:04 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

XFchemist - I assume 'Visitors' was the 'V' miniseries and then series here in the US - Lizard aliens that wore human skin to blend in and wanted humans for a food source. I never saw it back in the day, but I did catch it recently. Cheesy good 80's SciFi.

MoB - Sorry to hear about the schedule. Hopefully things will get worked out. *hugs*

Comment

Be good? Aw, do we have to?

Have a fabulous time touring those libraries *huggles*

*iz jealous that you're seeing MoB*

Just don't go leading her astray

Comment

Safe journey.

I have to admit that when I was young I loved Space 1999. Anyone else follow that show?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I love it how Nad was more diplomatic about this.
                        Always am...

Have a safe journey josi!
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

What, you've got something against LA? Sheesh.
                          Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

I love ALL the sci-fi shows mentioned! Started with TOS, and Lost in Space (loved the robot), Quantum Leap (yummy), TNG, Voyager (Janeway - perfect strong woman character), Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica - the original, yes, I liked Starbuck as a guy!, Space 1999, and a host of others. Such good memories!
                            sigpic

Comment

*tentatively tip toes in*

Sorry to interupt...

I just got my sanctuary s3 dvd and I have been watching the extras, and I just wanted to express my Martin Wood appreciation! Didn't realize he had his own thread but I should hardly be surprised. Thanks to him, and Damian, and Amanda santuary is as good as it is.

And your conversation about sci fi memories made me remember my childhood experiences. Voyager was on when I was in elementary school and I thought Janeway was supercool!

Didn't get into Next Generation until later though because when I was about 3 I remember sneaking into my parents room while they were watching it. Data's head came off (I think the ep is called disaster) and I didn't understand that her was a robot and really freaked out! Terrifying. Was subconciously leary of the show because of that.

(Something similar happened when I snuck in and saw the mystery show Cadfiel, and for years I harbored and unreasonable discomfort around monks...I really shouldn't have snuck in so much)

Cool how stuff you see when you're little can influence your tastes later.

Anyhow Martin is awesome!

*dashes out*

Comment

Don't run away Conn8d! We don't bite!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X