No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right now the withering Woohoo would do....the a/c went out last night.

Thank goodness it does cool off late at night. But we are expecting another very warm day. I hope they fix it soon. Not use to so much heat!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      I still think ''The WooHoo Formerly Known as Quilted (Or TWFKAQ)'' has a nice ring to it. ...Ok, that *is* a terrible name. ''The Writing WooHoo'' was a suggestion before? I have nothin'.

How about The Novel WooHoo?

Just saw this on FB:
      Me, behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladdin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with 7 men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac Man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies that always had the munchies... The fault is not mine.
      So I no longer need to make excuses for my behaviour, right?

Originally posted by llp View Post
      Right now the withering Woohoo would do....the a/c went out last night. Thank goodness it does cool off late at night. But we are expecting another very warm day. I hope they fix it soon. Not use to so much heat!
      Normally I wood offer a hug, but if the a/c is out and the weather is hot...... maybe not

Hope they fix it soon.

Comment

I like The Novel Woohoo.

Back to guessing on llp`s happiness.....how about publication of one of her novels!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          I like The Novel Woohoo.

Back to guessing on llp`s happiness.....how about publication of one of her novels!

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post

:d

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Yeh, Jumble, better hold off on that hug....although it's still cool outside and therefore inside. By around 1 or 2pm it will be much too hot!

I like the Novel WooHoo.....works for me!

Originally posted by Jumble
              So I no longer need to make excuses for my behaviour, right?
              Hmmmm! Never realized there were any excuses for your behavior.....that is ah well ah....your behavior is always exemplary! Whew!

.............runs off quickly and hides behind a lot of boxes.............
              sigpic

Comment

Howdy WooHoos!

No a/c? How awful! Down here you'd absolutely melt. It's been over 100F every day for more than 6 weeks.

Novel WooHoo sounds lovely. Sometimes I wish I were a writer. Alas, no. Very left-brained, not creative at all.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                  Yeh, Jumble, better hold off on that hug....although it's still cool outside and therefore inside. By around 1 or 2pm it will be much too hot!
                  Lucky you - we've had torrential rain all day, great fun being stuck indoors with six children who are just reaching the end of their 6 weeks' holiday

I like the Novel WooHoo.....works for me!
                  Done!

Hmmmm! Never realized there were any excuses for your behavior.....that is ah well ah....your behavior is always exemplary! Whew!

.............runs off quickly and hides behind a lot of boxes.............

I always thought there must be reasons for it, but never could find any that made sense - now I know

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                  Howdy WooHoos!

No a/c? How awful! Down here you'd absolutely melt. It's been over 100F every day for more than 6 weeks.

Novel WooHoo sounds lovely. Sometimes I wish I were a writer. Alas, no. Very left-brained, not creative at all.
                  Left-brained means not creative? Is that different to being left-handed? Because I always thought that was what made me creative. Or maybe it's just what makes me ..... 'unusual'

Comment

Left-brain = logical, sequential, mathematical
                    Right-brain = creative, artistic, spatial

My husband is lucky, in tests he is absolutely dead center, which makes sense as he's an architect which requires both logical/mathematical AND spatial/creative
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh, and the right side of your brain controls the left side of your body and vice versa, but that really doesn't have anything to do with the creativity factor I don't think. At least in my psychology classes that I've taught it hasn't. Although my mom was left-handed and was a terrific artist (painter).
                      sigpic

Comment

Left-brain = logical, sequential, mathematical
                        Right-brain = creative, artistic, spatial

My husband is lucky, in tests he is absolutely dead center, which makes sense as he's an architect which requires both logical/mathematical AND spatial/creative
                        How do you find out which you are? Does it relate to left or right handedness?

Comment

Here's a couple of quick quizzes to try that will tell you which you are:
                          Hemispheric Dominance
                          Right Brain/Left Brain Quiz
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh, and the right side of your brain controls the left side of your body and vice versa, but that really doesn't have anything to do with the creativity factor I don't think. At least in my psychology classes that I've taught it hasn't. Although my mom was left-handed and was a terrific artist (painter).
                            Never been tested but I guess that I use both sides of my brain. I'm a scientist (very good in chemistry, physics, math...) but I do have creativity skills (drawing and video editing, though zero in music)

If u haven't watched it yet, Sanctuary Sunday Panel:

sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Hi all, just popping in.

Love all the notes re different weather, in Scotland there are two weather sayings:
                              1. it is raining and 2 it is just about to start raining

But my favourite saying is a Nordic one:
                              There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad waterproofs....

It is so true, have seen kids out in all weathers enjoying the rain, wind and snow in their Gortex jumpsuits

Bye for now

ps love Novel Woohoo...so Laurie
                              sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

Here's a couple of quick quizzes to try that will tell you which you are:
                                Hemispheric Dominance
                                Right Brain/Left Brain Quiz
                                Thank you

*runz off to see if she has a brain*

Comment

Working...
                                X