The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    Right. I haven't lived trough that many Big News Items yet, but I do think that the amount of impact decides how much one wood recall. Bin Laden's death didn't happen too long ago, but I have no recollection of where and how I heard about it. I do remember Diana's tunnel accident announcement. It was of no personal interest to me, but I was little and thought princesses didn't die
    I think you're right. I remember the Diana accident - it was a Saturday and I came down to find my kids clicking madly on the remote, trying to figure out why the same programme was on all five channels (yes, we did still only have 5 at that point ), and asking me what was wrong with the tv And the following Saturday was the funeral - we were on our way down to Devon for our holiday and weren't allowed to use the loos at Stonehenge because everything had closed down for two hours

...Did you *see* the Button Moon sig?

(And ABC? Heh )
    Yes I did, excellent ABCing

Hm... Maybe their WiFi's down?
    Yes, try again.

I will

Thanks for the hugs EH-T

Edit: I'm off to bed - busy busy day tomorrow!

WoodNight WooHoos *huggles*

*huggles Martin*
    Last edited by Jumble; 01 September 2011, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Good evening WooHoos! Goodness, pages to catch up on. I'm hopeless at multiquoting, so I'll just try to remember ...

Get well quick Suzy. Great artwork (as always). Hear, hear on opinions re: Tea Party, et al. Love the pics of Jumble and Nad. Now where was I? I recall 9/11 - watching the 2nd plane hit live on television at school. We in the social studies department were the only ones allowed to watch all day because we could "interpret" for the kids. Perfectly natural to be concerned about online friends you've lost touch with and hear tragedy may have struck.

I don't know where I was when JFK died, but I know what I watched on tv for the next three days. A bit like Diana's funeral - that all-encompassing.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        Good evening WooHoos! Goodness, pages to catch up on. I'm hopeless at multiquoting, so I'll just try to remember ...

Get well quick Suzy. Great artwork (as always). Hear, hear on opinions re: Tea Party, et al. Love the pics of Jumble and Nad. Now where was I? I recall 9/11 - watching the 2nd plane hit live on television at school. We in the social studies department were the only ones allowed to watch all day because we could "interpret" for the kids. Perfectly natural to be concerned about online friends you've lost touch with and hear tragedy may have struck.

I don't know where I was when JFK died, but I know what I watched on tv for the next three days. A bit like Diana's funeral - that all-encompassing.
        That's quite some memory you have there, I can never remember that many things without multi-quoting

The Diana thing - that was the quietest tv week ever in our house, it got turned off every time her name was mentioned. I couldn't stand her when she was alive, so I certainly wasn't going to listen to a load of smarmy reporters singing her praises after she died.

Comment

Claire sent me this link to the newspaper article about her collection of AT costumes - thought you might like to see it

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/we...6908-23390195/

She said:

"Slight misprint in the story, don't own £20,000 more like
          £12,000 and don't have 52 signed posters, but a poster with 52 signatures..."
          Last edited by Jumble; 02 September 2011, 06:14 AM.

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            Claire sent me this link to the newspaper article about her collection of AT costumes - thought you might like to see it

She said:

Hm, the link won't work for me...
            I feel so left out when a link won't work.
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

She said:

*hugs WooHoos*

Hm, the link won't work for me...
              I feel so left out when a link won't work.
              Link is blocked for me by our security system.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

That's odd, try this:

Comment

Spoiler:
                  SCI-FI superfan Claire Cowan lost three stone - thanks to her favourite TV show Stargate.

The 45-year-old paid £660 for a costume worn by actress Amanda Tapping as Colonel Samantha Carter but couldn't fit into it.

So she vowed to get in shape, set up her exercise bike in front of the telly and worked out while watching box sets of the longrunning space series.

The girl geek went from 13½ to 10½ stone.

Claire, from Greenock, said: "I managed to pick up Amanda's costume that she wore in the TV series at an Amanda Tapping convention in 2005.

"The costume was made to measure for Amanda but I couldn't fit into it, so I decided to lose weight to get into it. I would sit on my exercise bike watching box sets of Stargate. That was my motivation."

Insurance claims assessor Claire has been hooked on Stargate and its TV spin-offs since the first movie in 1994.

She owns Stargate memorabilia worth £20,000, including 70 original costumes, 52 signed posters and countless autographs, DVDs, box sets, books and dolls.

Claire travels thousands of miles every year attending fan conventions and has met all of the show's stars. Now she plans to sell some of her suits to raise cash for Tapping's charity Sanctuary for Kids.

I can't seem to copy the pictures, but here is the article. There were a few different pictures including one with Claire between AT and RDA, one with her on her exercise bike about 6" from the TV - guess that was the only way to get her and the TV in the picture and one in costume. Really nice article. She actually PDF'd me the article so if you want to see it, I could send it too any of you via email.
                  sigpic

Comment

Woodn't you have already?
                    Probably not..I wouldn't even see my mom on the train in my normal state of mind.

Yup, that one
                    Ah...sad to know that it is gonna close. the online selling is going too fast!
                    Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                    *runz in*

Dude! Did you know BAW (Brad's Awesome Wife) has a blog?! True! It's here! And let me just say...I'm super jealous. You'll understand when you read the post.

And...*happy dance* Yes, super happy Joe is taking us all back home to Vancouver! I didn't like Toronto...too cold in the van.

*runz out*
                    So cool. Awesome wife. I miss Brad!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      SCI-FI superfan Claire Cowan lost three stone - thanks to her favourite TV show Stargate.

The 45-year-old paid £660 for a costume worn by actress Amanda Tapping as Colonel Samantha Carter but couldn't fit into it.

So she vowed to get in shape, set up her exercise bike in front of the telly and worked out while watching box sets of the longrunning space series.

The girl geek went from 13½ to 10½ stone.

Claire, from Greenock, said: "I managed to pick up Amanda's costume that she wore in the TV series at an Amanda Tapping convention in 2005.

"The costume was made to measure for Amanda but I couldn't fit into it, so I decided to lose weight to get into it. I would sit on my exercise bike watching box sets of Stargate. That was my motivation."

Insurance claims assessor Claire has been hooked on Stargate and its TV spin-offs since the first movie in 1994.

She owns Stargate memorabilia worth £20,000, including 70 original costumes, 52 signed posters and countless autographs, DVDs, box sets, books and dolls.

Claire travels thousands of miles every year attending fan conventions and has met all of the show's stars. Now she plans to sell some of her suits to raise cash for Tapping's charity Sanctuary for Kids.

I can't seem to copy the pictures, but here is the article. There were a few different pictures including one with Claire between AT and RDA, one with her on her exercise bike about 6" from the TV - guess that was the only way to get her and the TV in the picture and one in costume. Really nice article. She actually PDF'd me the article so if you want to see it, I could send it too any of you via email.
                      That one is from a different paper than mine I think - same text but different pics

Comment

Waves a *WooHoo* wave at Jumble! That could be posible I suppose.....I have no idea. But it is really cool that it happened. Wonder how they heard about her and her costumes. 12,000 lbs....... that is a lot of money! (Wish I had a symbol for LB! )

Well one more week and I believe the house will no longer be mine! WOOHOO! This is becoming a very good month for me! About only one thing could make it even greater!

Well, off to bed. I decided I need another hour or so of sleep.
                        sigpic

Comment

Glad to hear you're having such a good month Laurie

My conservatory seems destined to not get cleaned, and it badly needs it. All that white pvc is looking very grubby. I took down the drapes yesterday, washed and ironed them (yes, I did say ironed ), and I'd just got started on cleaning the pvc when I got the call from Suz to take her to the doctor. Tried again today, then got a call from Olivia's Mum in a panic because Olivia had been stung and was screaming the house down and woodn't let Mum get a look at it. So off I went armed with my magnifying glass, tweezers, anti-histamine and ice-pops....... took me a couple of minutes to calm her down, (shoved one 'magic' ice-pop in her mouth and another on the sting ) and another minute to remove the sting, which made Mum feel relieved but utterly useless I told her it's different when it's not your own child, you tend to stay calmer and therefore so does the child. I remember several incidents with my kids when I went into panic mode

Anywoo, Olivia was happily eating her tea when I left so no worries there. And I've decided to wait until the temperature drops a bit (it's currently 35C) before I tackle the conservatory again. If I dare.........

Comment

Evening Woohoos

I think you're right. I remember the Diana accident - it was a Saturday and I came down to find my kids clicking madly on the remote, trying to figure out why the same programme was on all five channels (yes, we did still only have 5 at that point ), and asking me what was wrong with the tv And the following Saturday was the funeral - we were on our way down to Devon for our holiday and weren't allowed to use the loos at Stonehenge because everything had closed down for two hours *
                            I was at a sleepover at a friend's house that night. The movie we were watching finished and as we turned the video off, the initial news bulletin came on (this was about 3am). They didn't really know anything at that point, and there was no mention of her dying, so we turned the tv off with lots of sarcastic remarks about how she probably broke a nail or something We felt kind of bad when we woke up in the morning to discover she was dead

She said:

Cool!
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                              Evening Woohoos

I was at a sleepover at a friend's house that night. The movie we were watching finished and as we turned the video off, the initial news bulletin came on (this was about 3am). They didn't really know anything at that point, and there was no mention of her dying, so we turned the tv off with lots of sarcastic remarks about how she probably broke a nail or something We felt kind of bad when we woke up in the morning to discover she was dead

Cool!
                              Pretty sure I wood have said the same - but I woodn't have felt bad in the morning Yes, I disliked her that much

I just called Anderson's to tell them that we've managed to shove that nasty review off the front page Aly's reaction was "Oh! I LOVE you!!!" I told her we love them too, which is why we did it

A couple more good reviews woodn't come amiss though, if anyone feels inclined

Comment

Pretty sure I wood have said the same - but I woodn't have felt bad in the morning Yes, I disliked her that much

I just called Anderson's to tell them that we've managed to shove that nasty review off the front page Aly's reaction was "Oh! I LOVE you!!!" I told her we love them too, which is why we did it

A couple more good reviews woodn't come amiss though, if anyone feels inclined
                                Excellent! I put the date on mine as April 2011, which only occured to me after that might not be the best plan as it wood automatically not be on the front page *sigh*

Comment

Working...
                                X