Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    *sends a large pair of scissors and good luck vibes to MoB*

I guess it's nice to have extra vacation time, but not if you're not getting paid
    Thanks. I had a month of paid leave accumulated when I left Maimo, but now I'm just hanging out, lol. I am hardly going to starve, and yes, another 2 weeks off is nice, but I really didn't expect this. Ah well, hopefully I can get a bunch of bookings for the next 2 weeks to make some extra cash.
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
      1. One I call "Steampunk, Warrior Princess" I made it for a project I am working on and it was the costume I wore to AT5's Sat night party. But it's a bit more complete now. The other is a Steampunked Lucia di Lammermoor. I was inspired to make this after seeing the Met's current production of Lucia this winter. They set it in the 1880s, and I could totally see the Steampunk version if they went just a little farther. So I decided to work it out myself. I've been immersed in this music lately, also, which makes this costume all kinds of fun. If you are unfamiliar with the opera- here you go. My costume is based on this scene:
      <snip>
      Oh, interesting! It gives me an idea of what you'll look like! I bet your costume will be awesome.

Just for you, Nad. And the last day of WoohoodStock! A Tesla & Magnus fic. No romance, just cute. Turning Red
      I had already read it, but let me tell you again that I love it!

*sigh*

I just got notified that my start date at my new hospital has been pushed back another 2 weeks. So I am, ostensibly, starting the job on Sept 6. A full month beyond my initial hire date. It's getting kind of frustrating. I got credentialed in 2 weeks at my last job. But since this is a massive university institution (Columbia AND Cornell Medical Centers) the red tape is overwhelming. Needless to say, I'm applying for other per-diem and some locums jobs now. Good cut-through-the-red-tape-vibes would be much appreciated.
      I understand your frustration. I hope it's the last time your start date is being pushed back. *crosses fingers and sends good vibes*

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
      Uh...okay...Jumble asked me to post it here...cause it's for a flower power challenge.

so...

http://i52.tinypic.com/243p8a1.png

So DONE. XD
      Oh! It's beautiful! Who is it?
      sigpic
      Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
      My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
      Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

She's from Lost Girl. A supernatural tv show I love to pieces.
        sigpic

Comment

Aw *hugs*. I'm sure you'll get to meet her one day

Awesome!

That's what we're here for
          *hugs back warmly*
          *thread-love*

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
          I slept 3-4 hours. I don't know the exact count. Obviously, I don't feel well this morning, probably because of that, but I can't go back to sleep. I've tried, kept turning in my bed, got tired of it, so I got up. I've had better mornings.

/waking up rant
          Sorry you didn't sleep well 2.gif

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
          Good morning all...
          http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5..._a_huggles.gif
          no, make that I NEED a huggles...
          oh I love the sparkliness!
          *belated huggles*

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          *hugs Laurie and Nolamom and the rest of the WooHoos*

So. Last day of WooHoodStock! Spam? Music? Food?
          All of the above pls! I have to say, I think WooHoodStock is awesome

Just for you, Nad. And the last day of WoohoodStock! A Tesla & Magnus fic. No romance, just cute. Turning Red
          *pounces on fic*
          I know it's for Nad but I totally appreciate anything even remotely Tesla/Magnus related too

*sigh*

I just got notified that my start date at my new hospital has been pushed back another 2 weeks. So I am, ostensibly, starting the job on Sept 6. A full month beyond my initial hire date. It's getting kind of frustrating. I got credentialed in 2 weeks at my last job. But since this is a massive university institution (Columbia AND Cornell Medical Centers) the red tape is overwhelming. Needless to say, I'm applying for other per-diem and some locums jobs now. Good cut-through-the-red-tape-vibes would be much appreciated.
          *sends vibes & hugs*

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
          Uh...okay...Jumble asked me to post it here...cause it's for a flower power challenge.

so...

http://i52.tinypic.com/243p8a1.png

So DONE. XD
          Pretty! *greened*

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          I've sent you a pm.
          Yes I just saw that before checking this thread, and I have to say, I think you have not just made my day but perhaps my YEAR!!
          Seriously, thank you

Originally posted by llp
          Hello all (that is when you get here)! Well, I have the morning off - my pet sitter is coming by this am to drop off my other set of keys. But then it's off again - today is Bellevue day (no not the mental hospital - the city)! Have two appointments plus there are tons of apartment buildings downtown (great place to live - exciting). Biggest problem here is size (plus cost). Sooooo many 2-bedroom places are 800 to 900 sq ft. Now come on - I don't want to turn around and be hit in the face with my ass because it is too small! Seriously, it's like finding an apartment in Japan. I don't want 1500 sq ft (well it would be nice except for cleaning purposes) but I need some space - or I'm going to have to toss the furniture! But other than wearing me down, I haven't given up. I could just stay here - but I hate paying that much and only have 1050 sq ft. Jumble saw the place, I have my dining room table in the office/bedroom because there's no place for it anywhere else. Hmmmmm. Wonder if I bought a printing press and the right paper I could start printing out my on money - opps, did I say that outloud?

So massive *huggles* to all in need.....ooh maybe I can hug myself as well! See you all later!http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/a.../grouphugg.gif

Oh and in case someone gets a little hungry - lunch is on me, well not literally - I'l provide some food:
          <snip>

See ya all later!

Hope you find somewhere more suitable soon
          *hugs*
          *tucks into the banquet*
          sigpic
          ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
            *hugs back warmly*
            *thread-love*

All of the above pls! I have to say, I think WooHoodStock is awesome
            I think I've run out of stuff to post

I'll go root around PB again and see what I can find..........

Yes I just saw that before checking this thread, and I have to say, I think you have not just made my day but perhaps my YEAR!!
            Seriously, thank you
            EH-T is an expert at doing that

Comment

*wanders in with hugs for Laurie and Nolamom and MoB and anyone else who needs them*
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Not strictly WooHoodStock material, but what the heck

(by Humanity'sPotential)

Now I know there's one of Martin like that ^^ somewhere *looks around Nad*

Comment

*pokes head in*

HI WOOHOOS!

*huggles for everyone who needs them*

Good luck, Laurie, finding a place!

Looks like I've missed fun times, or am I here on the last day? So much for bringing myself. BOO.
                  sigpic
                  Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*waves*

I am always amused by notions of living space as they seem to apply to the rest of the world. I currently live in a ~800sq foot "2 bedroom" apartment that I share with a friend. I won't even mention what the rent + parking is. I guess 15 years in NYC makes larger spaces seem overkill to me. My cousin, her husband and 4 kids live in a "huge" 1800 sq foot 2br 2 ba apartment that they converted to a 3br for their son (they have 3 girls and 1 boy) by putting up a wall in their dining area. What they pay for rent would give most people (including myself) a heart attack. But srsly, since I was 9 years old, I've never lived in a space over 1350 sq feet (the house I grew up in after age 9). And my dream home? A 1200 sq foot, 2 bedroom bungalow. Maybe slightly bigger for office space. If I could transplant that 1350 sq foot home to North Van, I'd live happily ever after!

Trying to remain calm about the job situ. It's not the end of the world, it just stresses me out a little. I'm one of those people who likes to be constantly busy, with periodic vacations. All this extra time on my hands is not good for me. A bright side did just come up in that when I called for a Monday hair appt (roots! agh!) they asked if I wanted to come in today, which is awesome, because it means I can work every day except thursday (when I'm shooting my shorts) next week if I get a call. I'm just waiting for next week's jobs to get posted...
                    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                      *pokes head in*

HI WOOHOOS!

*huggles for everyone who needs them*

Good luck, Laurie, finding a place!

Looks like I've missed fun times, or am I here on the last day? So much for bringing myself. BOO.
                      Yep, it's the last day, so chuck in any artwork you've got - including any sigs/wps that have been made for you - grab some food and booze, and ..... well that's it really..... you're here!!!!

MoB, a couple of summers ago I suddenly found myself very short of work and was worried about it for a while - until I realised that I was really enjoying only working three days a week and that my bank balance was still looking ok I still managed to save enough for the trip to Vancouver without starving - so my advice is, if you don't have any work just take it as extra 'me' time and enjoy it

Comment

Yep, it's the last day, so chuck in any artwork you've got - including any sigs/wps that have been made for you - grab some food and booze, and ..... well that's it really..... you're here!!!!

MoB, a couple of summers ago I suddenly found myself very short of work and was worried about it for a while - until I realised that I was really enjoying only working three days a week and that my bank balance was still looking ok I still managed to save enough for the trip to Vancouver without starving - so my advice is, if you don't have any work just take it as extra 'me' time and enjoy it
                        Really good advice, Jumble. Thanks. After all, this will probably be the only time I will have as 'me' time with no real obligations for the rest of my life. I will take that to heart. xo
                        sigpic

Comment

Really good advice, Jumble. Thanks. After all, this will probably be the only time I will have as 'me' time with no real obligations for the rest of my life. I will take that to heart. xo
                          There you go - you see? Everything has a positive side if you look hard enough

Comment

There you go - you see? Everything has a positive side if you look hard enough
                            So say we all.
                            sigpic

Comment

Time to yourself and relaxing times, MoB, is definitely a plus side

Jumble. I'm gonna go check the photobucket then
                              sigpic
                              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                                Time to yourself and relaxing times, MoB, is definitely a plus side

Jumble. I'm gonna go check the photobucket then
                                *waits patiently*

Comment

Working...
                                X