Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by llp View Post
    I couldn't resist posting this:

Gate 14 in the Denver Airport: An award should go to the United Airlines gate agent in Denver for being smart and funny, while making her point, when confronted with a passenger who probably deserved to fly as cargo. For all of you out there who have had to deal with an irate customer, this one is for you!

A crowded United Airlines flight was canceled. A single agent was re-booking a long line of inconvenienced travelers. Suddenly, an angry passenger pushed his way to the desk. He slapped his ticket on the counter and said, "I HAVE to be on this flight and it has to be FIRST CLASS."

The agent replied, "I'm sorry, sir. I'll be happy to try to help you, but I've got to help these folks first; and then I'm sure we'll be able to work something out."

The passenger was unimpressed. He asked loudly, so that the passengers behind him could hear, "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?"

Without hesitating, the agent smiled and grabbed her public address microphone. "May I have your attention, please?", she began, her voice heard clearly throughout the terminal. "We have a passenger here at Gate 14 WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE IS. If anyone can help him find his identity, please come to Gate 14".

With the folks behind him in line laughing hysterically, the man glared at the United agent, gritted his teeth, and said, "F*** You!".

Without flinching, she smiled and said, "I'm sorry sir, you'll have to get in line for that, too."

And *huggles* for the apartment Laurie.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    Nope, I've never had the pleasure either. I live vicariously, enjoying the tales of others.
    Same thing for me.

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
    I keep going back on photo-ops/autos at D*C. But wow, are they expensive this year. I read that last year Edward James Olmos charged $60 for his. He was the only one I was considering getting this year because last time I got Mary to sign 1/2 of a hilarious Adama/Roslin cartoon I made, and I think it would be awesome to get Eddie to sign the other half.

I don't know what the Sanctuary gang is charging, but their photos ops are crazy expensive IMO, so I think I'll be passing on those. I was thinking about doing a Chris/Amanda shot, but at $99, that's $99 less for the moving fund. So- I'll have fun with my costumes and my friends and maybe swing by the walk of fame to say hi. Possibly an auto, but probably not. I'm actually looking forward to the costuming and writing tracks this year more than the TV tracks.
    Yeah. I had planned to maybe attend D*C, but then I got my school schedule and it I couldn't make it this year. I had checked the photo-ops prices and thought they were expensive, considering I paid $35 for Nichelle Nichols when I met her in June.

What are your costumes MoB?

EDIT: Forgot to say! The Lion King was simply amazing! And they sung The Circle of Life in French at the end of the show because they were in Montreal. It was magic and wonderful.
    Last edited by LadyGalaxyJ; 16 August 2011, 08:47 PM.
    sigpic
    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Lots 'o loverly art...good fairy tale Jumble, being a newbie I'd never seen it before, so thanks for sharing it again.
      http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...ly-turtles.jpg
      Glad you enjoyed it

Originally posted by llp View Post
      I couldn't resist posting this:

Gate 14 in the Denver Airport:
      Spoiler:
      An award should go to the United Airlines gate agent in Denver for being smart and funny, while making her point, when confronted with a passenger who probably deserved to fly as cargo. For all of you out there who have had to deal with an irate customer, this one is for you!

A crowded United Airlines flight was canceled. A single agent was re-booking a long line of inconvenienced travelers. Suddenly, an angry passenger pushed his way to the desk. He slapped his ticket on the counter and said, "I HAVE to be on this flight and it has to be FIRST CLASS."

The agent replied, "I'm sorry, sir. I'll be happy to try to help you, but I've got to help these folks first; and then I'm sure we'll be able to work something out."

The passenger was unimpressed. He asked loudly, so that the passengers behind him could hear, "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?"

Without hesitating, the agent smiled and grabbed her public address microphone. "May I have your attention, please?", she began, her voice heard clearly throughout the terminal. "We have a passenger here at Gate 14 WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE IS. If anyone can help him find his identity, please come to Gate 14".
      Spoiler:

With the folks behind him in line laughing hysterically, the man glared at the United agent, gritted his teeth, and said, "F*** You!".

Without flinching, she smiled and said, "I'm sorry sir, you'll have to get in line for that, too."

One does have to wonder though - who was he?

Sorry the apartment didn't work out - sounds pretty gross

Better luck with the next one *crosses fingers*

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
      Wow, this thread can sure move quick!

Loved hearing about everyone who's met Amanda...
      am I the only one on this thread who hasn't had the pleasure?! *pouts*
      Aw *hugs*. I'm sure you'll get to meet her one day

The nearest I've come to contact with any of PTB is when I graduated my sister tweeted to the Sanctuary guys/gals and Damien retweeted and said well done to me I was pretty chuffed with that
      Awesome!

Loved the story a few pages back, and loving all the art! This thread always manages to put a goofy smile on my face
      That's what we're here for

Comment

I slept 3-4 hours. I don't know the exact count. Obviously, I don't feel well this morning, probably because of that, but I can't go back to sleep. I've tried, kept turning in my bed, got tired of it, so I got up. I've had better mornings.

/waking up rant
        sigpic

Comment

Good morning all...

no, make that I NEED a huggles...
          sigpic

Comment

*squishy huggles Nolamom* Hows that?
            sigpic
            Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

*squishy huggles Nolamom and Dee*
              sigpic

Comment

Morning all!

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                1. What are your costumes MoB?

2. EDIT: Forgot to say! The Lion King was simply amazing! And they sung The Circle of Life in French at the end of the show because they were in Montreal. It was magic and wonderful.
                1. One I call "Steampunk, Warrior Princess" I made it for a project I am working on and it was the costume I wore to AT5's Sat night party. But it's a bit more complete now. The other is a Steampunked Lucia di Lammermoor. I was inspired to make this after seeing the Met's current production of Lucia this winter. They set it in the 1880s, and I could totally see the Steampunk version if they went just a little farther. So I decided to work it out myself. I've been immersed in this music lately, also, which makes this costume all kinds of fun. If you are unfamiliar with the opera- here you go. My costume is based on this scene:
                Spoiler:

2. That's awesome. I love that they did that. So glad you enjoyed the show!

Good morning all...
                http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5..._a_huggles.gif
                *huggles*
                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Thanks guys - now I can go to work and make it through the day!
                  sigpic

Comment

*hugs Laurie and Nolamom and the rest of the WooHoos*

So. Last day of WooHoodStock! Spam? Music? Food?
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*bounces into the thread*

*bouncessomemoreandhappydancesandbouncesandhappydancesomemore*

*iz very happy*

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                      I slept 3-4 hours. I don't know the exact count. Obviously, I don't feel well this morning, probably because of that, but I can't go back to sleep. I've tried, kept turning in my bed, got tired of it, so I got up. I've had better mornings.

/waking up rant
                      Oh yuck! I have nights like that, I fully sympathise *huggles*

Good morning all...
                      http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5..._a_huggles.gif
                      *huggles Nolamom*

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

Yes please

I'm still working, but I'll be back later

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

Just for you, Nad. And the last day of WoohoodStock! A Tesla & Magnus fic. No romance, just cute. Turning Red
                        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

*sigh*

I just got notified that my start date at my new hospital has been pushed back another 2 weeks. So I am, ostensibly, starting the job on Sept 6. A full month beyond my initial hire date. It's getting kind of frustrating. I got credentialed in 2 weeks at my last job. But since this is a massive university institution (Columbia AND Cornell Medical Centers) the red tape is overwhelming. Needless to say, I'm applying for other per-diem and some locums jobs now. Good cut-through-the-red-tape-vibes would be much appreciated.
                          sigpic

Comment

Uh...okay...Jumble asked me to post it here...cause it's for a flower power challenge.

so...

http://i52.tinypic.com/243p8a1.png *

So DONE. XD

(*Mod edit : Oversized .Max 100 KB file size.)
                            Last edited by Bagpuss; 17 August 2011, 10:18 PM. Reason: Tags changed.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                              *sigh*

I just got notified that my start date at my new hospital has been pushed back another 2 weeks. So I am, ostensibly, starting the job on Sept 6. A full month beyond my initial hire date. It's getting kind of frustrating. I got credentialed in 2 weeks at my last job. But since this is a massive university institution (Columbia AND Cornell Medical Centers) the red tape is overwhelming. Needless to say, I'm applying for other per-diem and some locums jobs now. Good cut-through-the-red-tape-vibes would be much appreciated.
                              *sends a large pair of scissors and good luck vibes to MoB*

I guess it's nice to have extra vacation time, but not if you're not getting paid

Edit: Thanks Luci It's sooooo pretty! She looks a little like a young Cher, which is very Hippy

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
                                Ahhh! I see.
                                And I'm sure AT's table will be mobbed too I adore AT - and Mary McDonnell as well! (first saw her in battlestar, she's awesome).

Autograph wise... is there any way of getting autographs by post? I'd love AT's (as all main cast of Sanctuary)... but wasn't sure whether or not you could only get them in person.

I've seen pics on the net that say they're signed by her but I'm always a little skeptical about those
                                I've sent you a pm.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X