The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    Too bad but I'm sure there will be another and by then you'll be in Vancouver so you will be able to attend for sure.

I know how you feel, I sometimes lament all the early cons I missed with AT, MS and CJ. All the early Gatecons seem to have been a lot of fun. I was not aware of those at the time. I was aware of Avalon and AT2 and wish now I would have attended.
    Oh don't! When I think of the years that I watched SG and didn't know Martin existed or that he was available at cons it makes me weep But I guess it's back to what I said before about meeting people at the right time and place - I definitely met Martin at the right time And I woodn't change the way that first meeting went for anything

I believe that TSE2 will be in 2013 at the earliest. I'm happy to wait if it means you can come.

I also think AT6 will be in the fall of 2012.

Fingers crossed.

I'd rather wait so you can come too! maybe they should have one every year just so everyone can make it at some point (that sound you hear is the G4 keeling over )
    Oh come on! The more they practice the easier it becomes

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      Oh don't! When I think of the years that I watched SG and didn't know Martin existed or that he was available at cons it makes me weep. But I guess it's back to what I said before about meeting people at the right time and place - I definitely met Martin at the right time And I woodn't change the way that first meeting went for anything

Oh come on! The more they practice the easier it becomes
      Considering that first meeting at the party.....I can't imagine why you would want to meet him any other way!

And to all those people who keep pushing the AT and TSE off until 2013....come on....
      2013 - that's for TSE3 and AT7!

sigpic

Comment

You guys are just too cute.
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
          Considering that first meeting at the party.....I can't imagine why you would want to meet him any other way!
          Nope, I woodn't

And to all those people who keep pushing the AT and TSE off until 2013....come on....

Ah, the voice of sanity at last!

Comment

Just saw this press release....

SANCTUARY (SEASON 4 PREMIERE)

The 13 all-new episodes of Season 4 change everything. With the arrival of the Hollow Earth refugees, the balance between Abnormals and humans is severely upset. In order to keep the peace, Magnus and team must throw out the rulebook. But forging their own way means they’re not just dodging dangerous Abnormals anymore, now they’ve got world governments and new villains nipping at their heels. Sanctuary stars Amanda Tapping as the brilliant Dr. Helen Magnus, Robin Dunne as forensic psychiatrist Dr. Will Zimmerman, Agam Darshi as Kate Freelander, Ryan Robbins as Henry Foss and Christopher Heyerdahl as John Druitt. Created by Damian Kindler (Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis), Sanctuary is produced in association with Syfy and is distributed by Tricon Films and Television. Season four of the series is executive produced by Damian Kindler, Amanda Tapping, Martin Wood, Keith Beedie and Tricon Films.

Always good to see publicity for SANCTUARY!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp

Ah, the voice of sanity at last!

Always nice to know someone thinks I'm sane! I wonder sometimes but then ignore it. I've been getting along all these years and no one has tried to lock me away (yet!).

Well off to the grocery.....running out of silly stuff like food! OMG - 18 guests.....Waves to all the guests!
              Last edited by llp; 03 August 2011, 02:58 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by clairec007 View Post
                Just remembering a year today, EH-T, Jumble, Laurie and myself had the honour of being on Sanctuary set-tour....and yes we did hear Martin say "CUT!" I am still smiling.

Thanks again for the awesome day!!
                Now this is why I was confused as to what day it was yesterday, because in fact TODAY (4th) is the anniversary of the Set Tour

Comment

Now this is why I was confused as to what day it was yesterday, because in fact TODAY (4th) is the anniversary of the Set Tour
                  Ah, Jumble, today is the 3rd!
                  sigpic

Comment

So true

Who is?

I think Amanda is attending so many cons this year because she can With only 13 eps for S4 she's got a lot more time to campaign for S4K
                    Just a vibe I picked up.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    Too bad but I'm sure there will be another and by then you'll be in Vancouver so you will be able to attend for sure.

I know how you feel, I sometimes lament all the early cons I missed with AT, MS and CJ. All the early Gatecons seem to have been a lot of fun. I was not aware of those at the time. I was aware of Avalon and AT2 and wish now I would have attended.

BSG was my first foray into fandom. I started watching SG after it ended at the urging of some friends. It took me a while to feel fandomy about it and eventually (thanks dad) started watching Sanctuary too. So, yeah, late to the party. But fashionably late!

The 13 all-new episodes of Season 4 change everything. With the arrival of the Hollow Earth refugees, the balance between Abnormals and humans is severely upset. In order to keep the peace, Magnus and team must throw out the rulebook. But forging their own way means they’re not just dodging dangerous Abnormals anymore, now they’ve got world governments and new villains nipping at their heels. Sanctuary stars Amanda Tapping as the brilliant Dr. Helen Magnus, Robin Dunne as forensic psychiatrist Dr. Will Zimmerman, Agam Darshi as Kate Freelander, Ryan Robbins as Henry Foss and Christopher Heyerdahl as John Druitt. Created by Damian Kindler (Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis), Sanctuary is produced in association with Syfy and is distributed by Tricon Films and Television. Season four of the series is executive produced by Damian Kindler, Amanda Tapping, Martin Wood, Keith Beedie and Tricon Films.

YAY!
                    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Ah, Jumble, today is the 3rd!
                      Not here it isn't - it's 2am, Thursday the 4th

Which means I really should be in bed

Comment

Popping in to pimp 2 really beautiful blog entries!

The S4K blog has been updated about the local work they are doing with Watari. Amazing.

And this month's Extraordinary Woman Project entry is absolutely beautiful.
                        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

*waves*

Morning all. I can't stop reading about the crisis in the horn of Africa. Except it keeps making me bawl my eyes out. No child in this world should be dying of hunger. We have the resources to feed everyone, and it upsets me beyond belief that this is happening still. I'm trying to be frugal since I am not working right now, but I had to go over to UNICEF and make a small donation. I can't even begin to describe what is going on in my heart right now. *sigh* /rant over

xo
                          sigpic

Comment

As much as it pains me, I am not expecting a 5th season of Sanctuary. Not that I don't want one, I am just being realistic. The ratings took a huge dive with the move to Monday (a much larger dive than SGU's ratings ever took!) and even though they recovered after the end of the regular network seasons, I don't have confidence in Syfy for them to recognize their error in moving it to Monday where it was competing with huge network shows. They will have their "Mondays worked great for Eureka, Warehouse 13 and Alphas" blinders on and not take into consideration summer vs spring/fall (when the main network shows are in first run). I just get the vibe that Syfy doesn't support Sanctuary nearly as much as their other shows and tends to treat it like a bastard step child. It is also frustrating that Sanctuary doesn’t have a studio backing. This was seen at Comic Con - there was *no* Sanctuary merchandise available because it is the studio that takes care of the licensing and merchandising. There were Eureka, Warehouse 13 and even BSG merch available in the Syfy store (which was really just a table in the Hard Rock hotel gift store).

Anyway, I am babbling.

That all being said, I would love to be pleasantly surprised.

As for GABIT events - my money is on late Fall (Nov-ish) of 2012 for AT6 and Summer of 2013 for TSE (if there is one).

Comment

I see your reasoning Antoa, but I just can't bring myself to be that pessimistic. My glass is still half full

Comment

Evening Woohoos

I had to go to London today, and it was horribly wet and rainy, and I slipped on the pavement and went down in a big puddle right in the middle of Piccadilly Circus I have a bruised knee (which is turning all sorts of shades of purple already), bruised pride and had to spend the rest of the day decidedly soggy I'm such a klutz

Woohood! Sounds awesome - can't wait!

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                                Popping in to pimp 2 really beautiful blog entries!

The S4K blog has been updated about the local work they are doing with Watari. Amazing.

And this month's Extraordinary Woman Project entry is absolutely beautiful.
                                Gorgeous! And big hugs for our Extraordinary Woman this month

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                                *waves*

Morning all. I can't stop reading about the crisis in the horn of Africa. Except it keeps making me bawl my eyes out. No child in this world should be dying of hunger. We have the resources to feed everyone, and it upsets me beyond belief that this is happening still. I'm trying to be frugal since I am not working right now, but I had to go over to UNICEF and make a small donation. I can't even begin to describe what is going on in my heart right now. *sigh* /rant over

xo
                                *hugs* It's heart-breaking For UKers, the DEC is accepting donations for East Africa too.

I see your reasoning Antoa, but I just can't bring myself to be that pessimistic. My glass is still half full
                                Me too *points to location* Which is so ship thread circa 2008 but I never got round to changing it
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X