They're not.
    It's all real.

That's right, they're all real I've met them, so I know

Hm.
    Unless he can tie some acting in during school vacation time

Check your pm box

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      I heard about that on LJ yesterday. If that's his dream, good for him, if an odd time to choose to do so. Medical school is 4 years, and most residencies are at least 4 years as well. Having seen first hand how med students and residents are treated, I'm really glad I decided to become a midwife rather than a physician.
      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
        I heard about that on LJ yesterday. If that's his dream, good for him, if an odd time to choose to do so. Medical school is 4 years, and most residencies are at least 4 years as well. Having seen first hand how med students and residents are treated, I'm really glad I decided to become a midwife rather than a physician.
        Will he have to redo the whole thing, or will having almost completed it before mean he can do refreshers?

Comment

Will he have to redo the whole thing, or will having almost completed it before mean he can do refreshers?
          He'll have to redo the whole thing. US medical schools are really, really particular. He probably had to redo all of his basic sciences already since he was in university ~30 years ago. My sister had wanted to be a doctor her whole life, but life- as it often does- took her in a different direction. She went back to school at 49, but decided to become a PA instead so that she could be doing the work in 2 years instead of 8 and have a good, long period of time to work.
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Well! Aren't you all a chatty bunch! I had pages to catch up on and I still think I missed some things.

My name is constantly misspelt - More, Moor, Moores, even Mure

Cute it might be, but I've come unstuck with 'cute' before - cute puppies that pee on the floor and chew everything in sight, cute kids that turn out to be little monsters, and cute men that like to spread their 'cuteness' around

Have to admit, L.L. Perkiss is a very good name for an author
            For some reason this post just made me laugh so hard. Thanks Jumble! I needed a good laugh.
            Originally posted by starlover View Post
            And that almost always happens with kids and pets...men...well...that's another story

Is it btw bad that I still have to see the season ending of Sanctuary
            I haven't watched it either Jann. It's been sitting in my DVR patiently waiting for my headaches to go away. *sigh*
            Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
            I thought English wasn't that hard to learn. But I had my first class back in kindergarden, so I don't really remember. ;-) Learning Spanish was harder, but I never spent as much time practicing it either (and now, I think I lost it *sigh*).

I know I always mistook hundred/thousand when I was younger.
            I hate words like 'government' that have 2 or 3 consonants in a row because in French, we would put an 'e after the 'n. So I always want to put a 'e in English and I can't remember if it takes one or not.
            And I never quite understood the rules for comma, colon, semi-colon.
            :-o :-P
            the sad thing for me is that I actually taught grammar for about a year and I barely remember most of the rules. I have gotten so used to Internet and texting shorthand that I am losing the real rules of grammar. Then again maybe I am just getting old.
            It is - but Canadian English is cute :-D
            Everything Canadian is cute.

*hugs WooHoo's!* Hugs! I say!
            I must get back to work now. I wood rather be home in a dark air conditioned room. It's going to be in 90's again today. third day in a row. Oh joy.
            sigpic

Comment

I suppose I should make one thing clear that could have been read wrong in my response to Jumble: As sad as I am to lose the very fabulous character of Watson, I think it's AWESOME that Peter Wingfield is following his heart. Life is short, and it's SO important to do what makes you happy if you possibly can. The world needs more people in health care who really care about health. So bravo to him.
              sigpic

Comment

He'll have to redo the whole thing. US medical schools are really, really particular. He probably had to redo all of his basic sciences already since he was in university ~30 years ago. My sister had wanted to be a doctor her whole life, but life- as it often does- took her in a different direction. She went back to school at 49, but decided to become a PA instead so that she could be doing the work in 2 years instead of 8 and have a good, long period of time to work.
                Wow, he must be really committed if he's prepared to go through all that

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                Well! Aren't you all a chatty bunch! I had pages to catch up on and I still think I missed some things.

For some reason this post just made me laugh so hard. Thanks Jumble! I needed a good laugh.
                You're very welcome, but I can assure you I didn't find it funny at the time

I haven't watched it either Jann. It's been sitting in my DVR patiently waiting for my headaches to go away. *sigh*
                *whinges again* It'll be weeks before I get to see it

the sad thing for me is that I actually taught grammar for about a year and I barely remember most of the rules. I have gotten so used to Internet and texting shorthand that I am losing the real rules of grammar. Then again maybe I am just getting old.
                Sadly, today's youngsters are doing the same and I fear 'proper' English will soon be a thing of the past. Shame

Everything Canadian is cute.
                Soooo true

*hugs WooHoo's!* Hugs! I say!
                I must get back to work now. I wood rather be home in a dark air conditioned room. It's going to be in 90's again today. third day in a row. Oh joy.
                *hugs Bree* Weather here has been crazy lately - rainshinerainshinerainshine - don't know what to put on myself or the kids from minute to the next

Comment

I suppose I should make one thing clear that could have been read wrong in my response to Jumble: As sad as I am to lose the very fabulous character of Watson, I think it's AWESOME that Peter Wingfield is following his heart. Life is short, and it's SO important to do what makes you happy if you possibly can. The world needs more people in health care who really care about health. So bravo to him.
                  Don't worry, I didn't get that impression I think it's Awesome of him too - but I do hope he'll be able to find the odd moment to pop some Watson into Sanctuary from time to time

Comment

Good for him but I will miss Watson as well. Maybe he will be able to make an appearance or two.

Wow, he must be really committed if he's prepared to go through all that

You're very welcome, but I can assure you I didn't find it funny at the time ;-)

*whinges again* It'll be weeks before I get to see it

Sadly, today's youngsters are doing the same and I fear 'proper' English will soon be a thing of the past. Shame :-(

Soooo true :-D

*hugs Bree* Weather here has been crazy lately - rainshinerainshinerainshine - don't know what to put on myself or the kids from minute to the next
                    I am going to use my age as an excuse. A lame excuse but an excuse none the less.
                    We were supposed to get rain last night which wood have cooled things off a bit but the storms missed us entirely so it's going to be another scorcher. The weather forecasters say it will be cooler tomorrow (mid 80's) but that is what they said yesterday so I am not entirely convinced.
                    I have discovered that the hotter the weather the more my head hurts.
                    sigpic

Comment

*hops in*

*huggles woohoos*

You chatty bunch!

Too lazy to catch up atm

Sad to hear that Peter Wingfield is stopping with acting since I liked him in Sanctuary and would have liked to see him again! But brave from him to go to med school again!

*falls down*
                      sigpic

Comment

Hello lovely Woohoo!
                        Almost noon for me and I didn't have breakfast! Hm.

'Just' Actors obviously doesn't apply to our Awesome Sanctuary Actors

I could say something about that RDA guy, but I won't

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                        I am going to use my age as an excuse. A lame excuse but an excuse none the less.
                        We were supposed to get rain last night which wood have cooled things off a bit but the storms missed us entirely so it's going to be another scorcher. The weather forecasters say it will be cooler tomorrow (mid 80's) but that is what they said yesterday so I am not entirely convinced.
                        I have discovered that the hotter the weather the more my head hurts.
                        *hugs Bree*
                        It's been really hot here last weekend. But we had two cloudy days with a bit of rain, and now it's a comfortable 25C/77F with a soft wind coming from outside. (Compared to 32C/90F.)
                        *crosses fingers for better weather tomorrow for you*

I heard the news about Watson yesterday and for whatever reason, I was really, really sad. I didn't think I loved Watson that much, but apparently I do. I'm much better (read: mature) today though, and I must say it is very brave of him, especially with what MoB told us. I wish him the best of luck and hope he can squeeze in some Sanctuary during the summer because I would hate to see either no more Watson on the show or the actor change. I'd prefer no more Watson over a change.

*huggles everyone*
                        *catches Jann before she falls*
                        sigpic
                        Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                        My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                        Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Yes...some fans! I would never camp out anywhere to catch a glimpse of Joe.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                            Yes...some fans! I would never camp out anywhere to catch a glimpse of Joe.
                            I'm with you there, I'd never do that for Martin either

I mean, it's not like seeing him again is of any importance to me

*chokes*

Comment

Evening Woohoos all

Having a nutso crazy couple of days So you don't mind if I just flop right down on the couch here and don't move for a few hours?

Shame for us about Peter Wingfield, but seriously good on him for doing it! Really admirable.

*goes to sleep*
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Yanno. I am officially super-frustrated with my new hospital's credentialing process. At my last job, I filled out a bunch of forms, supplied copies of all my documents and waited to be accepted. Here, it all has to be done electronically, and the forms don't work properly on a Mac. If I hadn't gotten a haircut yesterday, I might be pulling it all out today!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X