No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought English wasn't that hard to learn. But I had my first class back in kindergarden, so I don't really remember. Learning Spanish was harder, but I never spent as much time practicing it either (and now, I think I lost it *sigh*).

I know I always mistook hundred/thousand when I was younger.
    I hate words like 'government' that have 2 or 3 consonants in a row because in French, we would put an 'e after the 'n. So I always want to put a 'e in English and I can't remember if it takes one or not.
    And I never quite understood the rules for comma, colon, semi-colon.
    sigpic
    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Oh my my! Josi will have a field day with this little discussion I see her lurking down there..............

Just let's not get too serious Josi - we don't want to go breaking GW again
      Last edited by Jumble; 06 July 2011, 01:43 PM. Reason: Wrong 'to' - should have been 'too' - and there's another 'two' too :D

Comment

"The box says Kitchen."

"So? Do cocaine smugglers write 'cocaine' on their boxes?"

Comment

English is easy to learn when you have all the TV programmes while you're growing up. The big problem is to seperate UK English from US English. And knickers from underpants.
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
            English is easy to learn when you have all the TV programmes while you're growing up. The big problem is to seperate UK English from US English. And knickers from underpants.
            Keeping them from getting tangled up can be a problem

*runz*

Comment

Canadian English too.
              I will never write 'colors'. *shudders*
              It's colours.
              sigpic
              Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
              My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
              Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                Canadian English too.
                It's colours.
                It is - but Canadian English is cute

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post

*runz*

*Hopes one of our lurking Spencers isn't a cute Spanish kid learning English*
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

*Hopes one of our lurking Spencers isn't a cute Spanish kid learning English*
                    As long is they don't start asking for explanations..............

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                      Canadian English too.
                      It's colours.
                      Heh.

I lean towards UK spelling, because that's how I'm schooled, but I use both and blame my bi-Englual upbringing.

sigpic

Comment

Heh.

I lean towards UK spelling, because that's how I'm schooled, but I use both and blame my bi-Englual upbringing.
                        bi-Englual?

Shouldn't that be Dutchlish?

Comment

As long is they don't start asking for explanations..............
                          Just you wait. We will one day get a post saying:
                          ''Hi, I'm new. What is 'tool' and why Jumble want to touch it?''

*nods*

And I won't rescue you...
                          NuhUh. *shakes head*

sigpic

Comment

bi-Englual?

Shouldn't that be Dutchlish?

Heh, ''Denglish'' it's a real word!
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denglisch

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble

But Jumble, you could always go comando and not worry about that problem!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                                But Jumble, you could always go comando and not worry about that problem!
                                *blinks*

Poor Carlos. The 12 year old Spanish Spencer. Looking in his dictionairy, just to find something about soldiers, unsure how that ties to underpants and hippies...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X