• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
    "slip" means underpant in Italian too
    Heh! Funny. And kind of handy when you're on vacation and need some

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    Weird

In English it means underskirt or petticoat. Pretty sure Martin doesn't wear one of those

Unless it's for under his kilt
    Well... You never know...

I'm off to bed in a minute - Watch have got as far as 'Awakening', so I'm off to .... watch it

Stupid name for a tv channel
    It's a great name. TV for dummies. Reminds you what you need to do with it.

Hm... Awakening. There's something about that one I loved... I wonder... I should watch it again to see what it was. *nods*
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      Heh! Funny. And kind of handy when you're on vacation and need some
      Why wood you need........ oh! I forgot the confusion about that Here, 'underpants' are for men, 'knickers' are for us ladies

Well... You never know...

It's a great name. TV for dummies. Reminds you what you need to do with it.
      For a moment I thought I was being insulted - then I realised

Hm... Awakening. There's something about that one I loved... I wonder... I should watch it again to see what it was. *nods*
      It's the one where Amanda looks so Awesome and that guy, what'shisname, gets chucked down a hole......

*ducks and runz off to watch Watch*

Comment

Is 'slip' by any chance an English word for 'underpants' as well? 'Cause it is in Dutch and that's what I thought LJ was not thunking.

This thread, no spaces between words and linguistic differences confuse me sometimes.
        And the Martinspam as well, I guess.
        Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
        "slip" means underpant in Italian too
        I actually heard it, though not often, as slang French. And it meant the same thing.

Yes, you should.

Woodnight in advance Jumble!
        sigpic
        Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
        My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
        Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Why wood you need........ oh! I forgot the confusion about that Here, 'underpants' are for men, 'knickers' are for us ladies
          *sighs and shakes head*

For a moment I thought I was being insulted - then I realised
          I wood never! On purpose.

It's the one where Amanda looks so Awesome and that guy, what'shisname, gets chucked down a hole......

*ducks and runz off to watch Watch*

Ah that one. The one with all the Hair.
          *tackles Jumble for dissin' my man*

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
          I actually heard it, though not often, as slang French. And it meant the same thing.
          That's so cool. I know speak Italian and slang French!
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Marin's LIP! That bottom lip that is just so yummy and nibbleable and...er...*looks around* Gee, I hope Martin isn't lurking today...*ducks and runz*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
              wow I knew it was different in the States, and less than we get here but I didn't realise it was *that* much less!

On the hospital stay thing I believe it varies, my Mum stayed 3 or 4 days with me but only one day with my brother as he was the second child and she knew what to do
              (y'all are a bad influence I almost typed 'mom' )
              When I had Jo I had to stay in for 10 days because I was on my own, with Rob I only stayed overnight and with Suz I had to go to a nursing home because I was so old
              The most I've ever seen anyone stay after an uncomplicated delivery was 4 days- and that was because the parents lost their home while mama was giving birth. We had to find them a safe place to go before they could leave.

IF I give birth in a hospital, I'm hoping it'll be in a nice 'natural birth' unit like the one at BC Women's (yes, I've checked into it already, lol) where you go home 6 hrs after an uncomplicated birth. I hate hospitals, and as far as I'm concerned, I don't want me or my baby in one unless it's absolutely necessary. If I have issues and need to be in a more medicalized unit, that's another story all together, but AFAIC hospitals are just a good place to pick up all sorts of nasty bugs and not the appropriate place for healthy people.
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble
                And I'm holding you entirely responsible for my current obsession with Judge Judy

That's the show, not the Judge herself. Just to be clear
                Hmmmmm, well, hope you're enjoying your new viewing obsession!

Originally posted by Jumble
                Oh! I know what I forgot to say! Laurie and I ate at two Chinese restaurants during my visit - one in Victoria and one on Mercer Island. I kept the papers from inside the fortune cookies intending to use the numbers for lottery tickets - I haven't bought a lottery ticket for years - and guess what? I won!

Ok, it was only a tenner, but it felt good to win it And I'll probably use those numbers again whenever the urge takes me to gamble - you never know
                So, which one was the winning ticket, Victoria or Mercer Island? And congrats! A ten pound note is really cool!

Oh and for the last major issue : men in the US are usually asked "Shorts or tidy whities?" Women wear panties or thongs. And of course there is always the nothingness of "going comando!"

(Oh and I'm probably two trends behind!)
                sigpic

Comment

*sighs and shakes head*

I wood never! On purpose.
                  Pfft!

Ah that one. The one with all the Hair.
                  *tackles Jumble for dissin' my man*
                  I didn't diss him - just couldn't quite recall his name...... your know what my memory is like

And I do freely admit that he was AWESOME in Awakening

That's so cool. I know speak Italian and slang French!
                  Shame about the English though..........

*runz away again*

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                  Marin's LIP! That bottom lip that is just so yummy and nibbleable and...er...*looks around* Gee, I hope Martin isn't lurking today...*ducks and runz*
                  Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but some day when he's catching up...... busted!!!!

Originally posted by llp View Post
                  Hmmmmm, well, hope you're enjoying your new viewing obsession!
                  I am

So, which one was the winning ticket, Victoria or Mercer Island? And congrats! A ten pound note is really cool!
                  Victoria

Oh and for the last major issue : men in the US are usually asked "Shorts or tidy whities?" Women wear panties or thongs. And of course there is always the nothingness of "going comando!"

Thongs - ugh!!!

Comment

Nad, have you been channelling Ryan?

RyRobbins Ryan Robbins
                    Belated #SIMH & #StickySongs "Why do birds... suddenly appear... every time... you are near... just like me... they long to be........"

And.......

amandatapping Amanda Tapping
                    Q5 - Kaitlyn Manchester - What does Jonathon Young think of all us crazy fans who love his character?

amandatapping Amanda Tapping
                    A5 - We were just talking about that today!! I think he's genuinely surprised by the fan reaction. Which just makes him more lovable.
                    Why are these Awesome people so surprised to find that their viewers love them?

Comment

I started training my puppy to fetch...and taped the first trail
                      Tjinta learning to fetch

Sorry for the small video, but I taped it with my Iphone and apparently this then happens...

*huggles Woohoos*

I'm slowly getting back onto the computer...
                      sigpic

Comment

Good Morning All!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Nad any good news?

Yesterday, I went for my pre-employment physical at my new job and, oy, someone in HR really cannot believe my last name is Shark. If it didn't create so many headaches, it might almost be funny. Alas, I must go back Friday because they can't do the security clearance until 30 days before your start date and mine isn't until 8/8. It's a bit of a pain since it's 90 minutes on the train to get there. But what can you do? (I live in the 'bottom' of Brooklyn, and this hospital is at the top of manhattan.)

I've posted another clip on youtube from "Songs for S4K." The volume on the HQ recording is being a pain and I'm not sure it will work on youtube, but I'm still working on it. I kind of like the ghetto flip recordings though. I watched part of the dvd last night, and I've got to say, watching oneself in HD is kind of freaky!

Anyhow, this song was requested by 2Shy, and since she created such awesome logo materials for us, I could hardly say no. Plus it's a great song. Enjoy!
                        Spoiler:
                        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

*makes note to self to watch Jann's and MoB's vids later*

And MoB, no. No news yet.

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                          Oh... I hope he was.

Originally posted by llp View Post

*tidy* whities? I've always been referring to those as *tighty* whities. I'm so glad I never actually used that phrase here...

Pfft!

I didn't diss him - just couldn't quite recall his name...... your know what my memory is like

And I do freely admit that he was AWESOME in Awakening
                          I... That's true

Shame about the English though..........

*runz away again*

*tackles Jumble for dissin' Nad*

Nad, have you been channelling Ryan?
                          Heh It's good that I'm not the only idiot out there...

Why are these Awesome people so surprised to find that their viewers love them?
                          Aww!

And I don't know, but it makes them even more Awesome.

sigpic

Comment

Dear Joe:
                            Please don't be angsty. It makes me sad.

Love,
                            LJ
                            sigpic

Comment

Morning Woohoos!
                              I thought I'd start shifting my hours waking/sleeping hours. No more waking up at 11. If I don't try to go to bed earlier right now, I will not love my 6 AM alarm clock on Monday. (And every other day for the next five weeks.)

I love working at a summer camp. I really do.

MoB, I loved the song! Each time, I'm even more amazed by your voice.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                              I started training my puppy to fetch...and taped the first trail
                              Tjinta learning to fetch

Sorry for the small video, but I taped it with my Iphone and apparently this then happens...

*huggles Woohoos*

I'm slowly getting back onto the computer...
                              Jann, your puppy is adorable!

Aww!

And I don't know, but it makes them even more Awesome.
                              True!

Oh I thought I'd share something I made this week. A Helen picspam. (Sorry Jumble, no Martin, but you're welcome to do one here again if you want! )
                              More precisely. Clothes. Lots of them. It was for a Top 50 challenge, so I know present you with the Top 50 Outfits of Helen Magnus. (It was hard to narrow it down to 50. )
                              sigpic
                              Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                              My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                              Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

How could you have missed out her Normandy outfit?!

Aw, lookit Jann's new puppy being all cute and clever - almost makes me want a dog........

Almost

MoB, if they didn't believe your name was Shark, what did they think it was?

Nad, I'm allowed to diss my little sis now and again *huggles*

Comment

Working...
                                X