Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
      *rushes through*

*hugs everyone*

*blows kisses to Jumble, who is so close, yet so far away!*

*rushes off*
      *huggles LJ* I know

Happy Anniversary

Comment

Jumble and Laurie, you two are such teases Come on, spill the beans!

I'm off out for the day, so if I don't get back on before you go, Jumble, have a smooth and safe journey home
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

BLimey, it took me less than 5 minutes to log in and get to this page! Woohoo!

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
          Yes indeed!!

But............. did we both get one, or did one of us get both? Hmm?

I am going to guess the infinity symbol (I assume that's what it is) was Laurie and it's on her wrist? Maybe?

The butterfly is yours. I'm thinking arm somewhere, or possibly decolletage.

I can't join in a tattoo-off, as I have none. I just haven't met the right tattoo ... and would have a little problem finding a big enougn patch of mole free skin in which to put it anyway. Come to think of it, can we do a mole-off for the next competition. I'd win that!

Have a safe flight. See you later (well, tomorrow for me).

Happy anniversary LJ!

*huggles woohoos*
          sigpic

Comment

Yes indeed!!

But............. did we both get one, or did one of us get both? Hmm?

I'm checked-in for my flight home tomorrow Not looking forward to it, but I guess I have to go home sometime - if only to earn the money for my next trip
            Originally posted by llp View Post
            Both? Me? Ah..... HMMMM!
            Heh. From Laurie's response, I'm guessing only Jumble was being bad. Has it really been a week already? And California didn't fall into the ocean? I'm shocked.
            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
              BLimey, it took me less than 5 minutes to log in and get to this page! Woohoo!

I am going to guess the infinity symbol (I assume that's what it is) was Laurie and it's on her wrist? Maybe?

The butterfly is yours. I'm thinking arm somewhere, or possibly decolletage.
              Give the lady a coconut!

Laurie got the infinity symbol on her inner left wrist (totally voluntarily and with absolutely no influence from me ), and I have the butterfly on the side of my right wrist

But, did you get the significance of the butterfly?

I can't join in a tattoo-off, as I have none. I just haven't met the right tattoo ... and would have a little problem finding a big enougn patch of mole free skin in which to put it anyway. Come to think of it, can we do a mole-off for the next competition. I'd win that!
              Yes, meeting the right tattoo and the right tattooist at the same time is quite a challenge

I actually filmed mine being done just for the heck of it - not a brilliant piece of film visually, but aurally it's quite *cough* 'interesting' I'll put it up on YouTube when I get home

Have a safe flight. See you later (well, tomorrow for me).
              Thanks, see you in about 21 hours

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
              Heh. From Laurie's response, I'm guessing only Jumble was being bad.
              Wrong! It was her first and me being badly influenced

Has it really been a week already? And California didn't fall into the ocean? I'm shocked.
              I know, it doesn't seem like a week does it? My brain has just about got used to Seattle time and now I'm going back to England

We didn't go anywhere near California, but I think I felt the earth move when we were on Vancouver Island

Comment

Give the lady a coconut!

Laurie got the infinity symbol on her inner left wrist (totally voluntarily and with absolutely no influence from me ), and I have the butterfly on the side of my right wrist

Yes, meeting the right tattoo and the right tattooist at the same time is quite a challenge

I actually filmed mine being done just for the heck of it - not a brilliant piece of film visually, but aurally it's quite *cough* 'interesting' I'll put it up on YouTube when I get home

Thanks, see you in about 21 hours

Wrong! It was her first and me being badly influenced

I know, it doesn't seem like a week does it? My brain has just about got used to Seattle time and now I'm going back to England

We didn't go anywhere near California, but I think I felt the earth move when we were on Vancouver Island
                Can you believe what Jumble is saying....she tied me down and forced me!

Oh well - the jig is up, yes, it is mine. I have wanted an infinity tatoo on my wrist for years but never did it. However the 4 or 5 glasses of wine that Jumble forced into me might have influenced me a little! Oh Well!

Opps, I am getting the evil eye look from Jumble, so have to be honest....totally my idea. She did her best to say it is up to me, however I felt those strong subconscious influences. It actually was very easy, and I was totally sober. Very little discomfort, no real pain. Went very quickly and hasn't even gotten red or swollen. The man that did it was the owner of the shop and very very good. Kind of cute too! - not that looks would influence me! No regrets and definately no mistakes!
                sigpic

Comment

See? Didn't hurt!

Comment

Here is the latest from S4k:

Dear Friends:

Thank you for visiting us and for your ongoing support and interest. June marks the beginning of new relationships in Haiti. We have committed funds to the school of SOPUDEP, which is offering so much more than schooling to its community, and to Phoenix Vision Society, which is offering education, microfinancing and community building with trauma counseling support at its root. We remain committed to Haiti and helping individuals and communities rebuild their lives.

Haiti remains one of the most crippled nations in the world, and is of particular interest to us as a part of North America. If we were to rate the depth of crisis that our donor organizations are in, Haiti would be off the charts. As such, money sent to them is sorely needed, and most in jeopardy of corruption, and possible failure. However, it is also the money that is most important to give. Sanctuary for Kids is helping children in crisis and no country more adequately matches our mandate.

More than a million people are still living amid rubble, in emergency camps, in abject poverty; cholera, meanwhile, has claimed thousands of lives. As time passes, what began as a natural disaster is becoming a disgraceful reflection on the international community. Official commitments have not been honoured; only a minuscule portion of what was promised has been paid out. The Haitian people feel abandoned and disheartened by the slowness with which rebuilding is taking place.

Check the charities page for more details on these two organizations, and watch for blogs with personal updates from the field- in Haiti, Vancouver, and Nepal!

Blessings,

Amanda, Jill and Damian

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Love the tattoos, Jumble and Laurie! It's such a thing for you to do

*hugs WooHoos*

Let me share a random story, just to have something different to say, so feel free to skip.
                      I was at a mall, my hair a mess due to the wind, feeling sticky and meh because it was hot and having a headache that made me look grumpy and what happens? I hear someone say: ''Hey, I haven't met you before''. So I look to the side, realize he's talking to me and give him a polite 'go away crazy person' look. Didn't work. So we ended up chatting a little, (his first question being ''Sooo, I don't see a ring... Seeing anyone?'' ) and he started flirting. . Being a good WooHoo I enjoyed the conversation, but really. He was a little desparate. A desparate little player, down to the lines ''I'm a little thirsty. I could go for a drink... Want to go get a drink?'' and ''What does a man have to do to conquer your heart?''

Long story summed up in two questions: 1)Why do RL movie scenes only happen when you're not feeling good? and 2) Why do they only come from people who really aren't your type?
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Oh Nad, it's called the Law of Sod and it's the only constant in the universe

Night night Woohoos all *squishy huggles*
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Well, I dropped Jumble off at the airport as she sings "On the road again....." Sadly, she is leaving here but happily for the UK she is heading home. We finished the week off with a good Chinese supper (pictures to follow by Jumble). Now, back to reality.

HAVE A GREAT TRIP HOME JUMBLE!
                          sigpic

Comment

Give the lady a coconut!

Oh yeah. Well the butterfly is a metamorphic creature, so it is often used as a symbol of transformation; particularly of the soul so it could be a symbol of rebirth. But also it's associated with the soul - your soul being released in death is akin to the butterful being released from a chrysalis.
                            Of course there's also the design which incorporates a letter which is also significant for you for more than one reason, particularly with the whole theme of transformation. And the fact it's colourful was a bit of a givaway that it was yours.

The infinity symbol is pretty self explanatory; infinity = eternity / never ending. I kind of like that concept.

Interesting, for you, could mean anything...

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            Here is the latest from S4k:

<snipped for space>

Thank you for posting that EH-T.

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                            Long story summed up in two questions: 1)Why do RL movie scenes only happen when you're not feeling good? and 2) Why do they only come from people who really aren't your type?

Oh dear. Well I think Josi summed that one up there.

Originally posted by llp View Post
                            Well, I dropped Jumble off at the airport as she sings "On the road again....." Sadly, she is leaving here but happily for the UK she is heading home. We finished the week off with a good Chinese supper (pictures to follow by Jumble). Now, back to reality.

HAVE A GREAT TRIP HOME JUMBLE!
                            *humms "Leaving On A Jet Plane..."*

See you soon Jumble.

Woodnight woohoos.

(Twice in one day...ish! I know steady on!)
                            sigpic

Comment

Stopping by to say that this hockey-business is stressing me out! GO CANUCKS! But, oy!

Travel safe, Jumble.
                              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

*walks into empty thread*
                                *curls up in corner*
                                *starts crying*

Look, I know I shouldn't be upset about this, ok? But I am. Please, just leave me alone.
                                Scratch that, I think I need a hug.

Sorry, I'm just being melodramatic.
                                *curls up tighter*
                                *tries to get some sleep*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X