X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*hugs WooHoos*
    *hugs Val*
    *worries for Seattle*

And WooHood! RD found a really great subject for his picture, huh?
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Thoughts on Normandy:

Spoiler:
      Have to say that I loved this episode. Kudos to all of the Sanctuary team for a brilliant effort.

-loved the music in this episode more than any other. Having a symphony play the score was worth whatever it cost them.
      -such a cinematic feel to the episode as others have said, partly due to the score, partly due to the way it was filmed and the colour correction
      -love it when then go back into history and explore the five so this scores big on both counts
      -although some have taken small issue with accents/foreign languages, for me (English as a first language, passable French and a bit of German) it all sounded good (except for the comment below under nitpicks)
      -happy that they included Tesla even if he wasn't on the ground in France
      -really enjoyed getting to see more (no pun intended ) of Nigel, I like the character and hope we get more in season 4
      -as much as I enjoy CH as Bigfoot, it is great to see him as John again.
      -I have no issue with a relationship between Watson and Helen. I, as many others, can see them turning to each other at some point. They are intellectual equals, who else really knows what it is like for them, to live so long and see so many they love die? I do interpret the "darling" as indicating they were involved. Not happy about the suggestions that Helen was sleeping her way through the five. First, it is only 2 guys at most and she has been alive for 160 years FCOL, surely she is going to have more than one relationship. Reminds me of the nonsense about Sam's relationships in SG1.
      -I have no problem with working RD into the show as his grandfather but I'm glad they didn't work the others in as well-that would have taken me out of the story
      -brilliant idea so kudos for Damian for a great idea and a great script
      -I thought the supporting cast were wonderful (wasn't the traitor Cassandra's boyfriend in Stargate?)
      -great job by PW and CH in the torture scenes
      -great look for the show, kudos to the costume department
      -love AT's tribute to her grandmother, lovely touch
      -the tribute at the end was wonderful

I could go on and on but just another absolutely brilliant episode. I almost hate to do it but I do have a couple of nitpicks

-the accent of the nazi Col. was not that great, although I thought that other than that it was very well played by the guest actor
      -I was surprised by how much we saw of Will's grandfather, I expected less of that and more of the five. I also wish we could have seen a bit more interaction between Helen and the five.
      -my main nitpick, however, was what I perceive as a lost opportunity on behalf of this proudly Canadian show. I mean no offense to anyone so please do not take my comments as being against the Americans or British. As a Canadian who lost 3 uncles in WWII it is sometimes difficult to take that the Canadian contribution to the war effort is often overlooked. Canada had the world's 3rd largest navy in WWII and were involved in the war effort from the beginning in 1939. Canadians played a major role in the D-Day invasion and had suffered great casualties in what became a rehersal for D-Day, the battle of Dieppe. I think it would have been a nice gesture on behalf of this Canadian production to highlight our country's role by making Zimmerman and his soldiers Canadian. The Americans were mentioned in the mention of Eisenhower, there was mention of Churchill and the headquarters were in Britian so that would have been a way to include all the players IMO.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

*Huggles Nad*

.... this place seems.... eerily quiet... where is everybody?
        sigpic

Comment

Jumble's on a plane somewhere over Canada and out of internet range... it's always quiet when Jumble's not here
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I'm packing!

Only two days left! Tomorrow my last day in the USA
            sigpic

Comment

I'm shopping with Andi. Waiting for her to get out of the fitting room.

I'm utterly flabbergasted at the vanity sizing I've encountered today. Utterly. Apparently, American retailers want me to believe I am a size 2. With everything I've tried on today, I want to run home and try on all my size 4's to be sure I'm not nuts. and now I remember why I hate shopping in actual stores.

Also, white white white is the trend for summer. Do you think you can buy neutral undies anywhere? *sigh*

Okay, done ranting. It has bEen a nice day out in the city.
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Ohhhh shopping!

As for the sizes...I went a size (or two) smaller since I went to the US so the retailers in here definitely want to make you feel thin!

I also noticed the white white; I don't like it since I want COLORS! I found a stray yellow dress somewhere and I'm loving that one!

Just vacuum cleaned my carpet/apt. next up...folding laundry and putting that in my bag, after that only my sheets and towels are left for packing

All other stuff is going to charity
                sigpic

Comment

*looks around*

*sees that NOBODY is here* Not a creature was stirring, not even a guest...

*sheds clothes she just put on*

*runs around nekkid....singing(!)*

sigpic

Comment

*gently nudges thread up*

I just heard fireworks. You think that means Jumble has arrived in Seattle?
                    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                      *gently nudges thread up*

I just heard fireworks. You think that means Jumble has arrived in Seattle?
                      Lol! And presumably so - hopefully recovering from the journey by now Jumble, Laurie, let us know you're safely there!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post

*sees that NOBODY is here* Not a creature was stirring, not even a guest...

I hope that Jumble landed safely!!
                        sigpic
                        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                          Hmmmm! Okay, make up 2 beds!
                          Not understanding why a second bed wood be needed.......

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                          Jumble is through security, safely. they didn't take one look at her and go "oh no, not you" and send her packing.

She says " They did do a strip search, cute guy too. No I am joking about the search - the guy was defnitely cute. "

I wonder if she has room inher luggage?
                          Hey! Quoting my texts isn't on! (Just keep the more detailed ones to yourself, ok?)

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                          Jumble's on a plane somewhere over Canada and out of internet range... it's always quiet when Jumble's not here
                          Yes, somewhere over Canada....... I did consider grabbing a parachute and aiming for Burnaby, but I got distracted by Steve (the Steward) and missed the opportunity He was really sweet - moved me to a different seat so I could have more leg-room and be more comfortable (and coincidentally right by the galley so he could stop and chat when he wasn't busy ) - excellent service BA provide

Lol! And presumably so - hopefully recovering from the journey by now Jumble, Laurie, let us know you're safely there!
                          Oh yes, safely here *bounces* Topped up with wine and a lovely chicken and broccoli pizza, watched Awakening and Normandy on THE biggest tv screen I've ever seen, and then because I'd been awake more than 24 hours we decided we should go to bed. Slept 5 hours and pinged back up awake again So now it/s 6.15am, I'm bouncing and Laurie's still asleep. I'm trying to be quiet and not wake her, but it's not easy

Comment

Morning Jumble Glad you're safely there and had a good journey! Trust you to chat up the cabin crew Have a fabulous first day once Laurie is up!
                            *squishy huggles you both*
                            sigpic

Comment

Morning Jumble Glad you're safely there and had a good journey! Trust you to chat up the cabin crew Have a fabulous first day once Laurie is up!
                              *squishy huggles you both*
                              I did NOT chat up the cabin crew!

I also did NOT chat up the American Security Officer! You know, the sour-faced one who was giving everybody a hard time, asking them lots of questions - and then when it was my turn he opened my passport, smiled at me and said 'Hello Julie!' like he'd been expecting me and proceeded to chat about my holiday and why was I only staying a week and ended the conversation with 'You'd better come back for longer next time!"

I tell you, it gets a little scary sometimes

I think we're off to the market today - when Laurie eventually wakes up that is. I mean, it's 6.50am already!!!

Comment

I think you just have one of those faces Everyone just knows you're friendly
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X