Originally posted by llp View Post
    Well then, we will need to do it again!
    That's the plan

Assuming they'll let me back on the set after last time

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      That's the plan

Assuming they'll let me back on the set after last time
      But...but...I thought we straightened that all out.....No one got arrested and we gave Martin back!
      sigpic

Comment

Okay - this is a legit (non related) question: I need some help!

How dare you say something like that (!) or (?) - which would you use...a question mark or the exclamation mark?
        sigpic

Comment

But...but...I thought we straightened that all out.....No one got arrested and we gave Martin back!
          True. But next time they'll know what to expect, so we might not get past Security

Comment

How dare you say something like that (!) or (?) - which would you use...a question mark or the exclamation mark?
            Since it's a question, I guess you need to use the question mark. Depends if you're using it in a book or not. On here, you could get away with ?!! but in a 'proper' sentence it wood just have to be ?

Comment

Since it's a question, I guess you need to use the question mark. Depends if you're using it in a book or not. On here, you could get away with ?!! but in a 'proper' sentence it wood just have to be ?
              Are you sure...because it sounds more like a "how dare you" accusing type of comment, not a "how can you dare to do...." questioning comment!

And of course it's for my book, please! (chapter 19)
              sigpic

Comment

Are you sure...because it sounds more like a "how dare you" accusing type of comment, not a "how can you dare to do...." questioning comment!

And of course it's for my book, please! (chapter 19)
                I may be wrong, but I think to be grammatically correct, 'How' has to be followed by a question mark

*looks around for Josi*

Comment

I may be wrong, but I think to be grammatically correct, 'How' has to be followed by a question mark

*looks around for Josi*
                  - but she's not here and this is what I pay you the big bucks for.........................hee hee hee hee!
                  sigpic

Comment

Question mark.

"How dare you do something like that?"
                    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

- but she's not here and this is what I pay you the big bucks for.........................hee hee hee hee!
                      I wonder if that counts as a legal IOU

I see MoB agrees with me, so you're out-voted

And no, MoB, you don't get paid

Comment

I wonder if that counts as a legal IOU

I see MoB agrees with me, so you're out-voted

And no, MoB, you don't get paid
                        I'll take payment in hugs.

I finally put together fullish thoughts on Normandy (as posted in the ep thread)
                        Spoiler:
                        I really enjoyed this episode. I'll be very interested to see how it fits in to the grand scheme of the Sanctuary mythology as the season wraps up.

The shipper in me very much enjoyed the John/James and Helen/James moments. Re: Helen/James? At AT5 when someone asked AT whether Helen and Nikola ever got together, at first she said, 'no!' pretty quickly, but then backpedaled a bit and said that if it did happen, it would have been briefly after her relationship with Watson petered out after WW2. Between this and Normandy, it basically confirms Helen/James for me.

For the non-shippy stuff:

I thought this episode was beautifully crafted. Excellent script, the direction was beautiful and unintrusive, and the actors did a lovely job. It was wonderful to see the Five together (or mostly).

I was totally sucked into the story, and had a chuckle at the revisionist history. I thought they really played to the strengths of most of the characters so well. And I love nothing better than a good character piece. And if it's also a period piece? Be still my heart.

My quibbles were minor. AT's wig. *sigh* Has this woman ever worn a good wig on screen? Well, the ones in FKAC were quite nice. I guess they blew their wig budget on the prior episode? Using Robin as Will's grandfather was questionable at best IMO. It really broke through the 4th wall for me and bumped me right out of the story. And his accent kind of irked me. It was a weird combination of Brooklyn/Chicago/Gen Canadian, and made me feel 'oh here is an actor playing a part' rather than, as with the others, forgetting that they were actors playing a part.

Like I said, minor quibbles. Overall, I thought it was just beautifully done and am excited to see how the next episode makes it fit into the overall arc.
                        Last edited by MidwifeOnBoard; 26 May 2011, 01:13 PM.
                        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                          I'll take payment in hugs.

I finally put together fullish thoughts on Normandy (as posted in the ep thread)
                          Spoiler:
                          I really enjoyed this episode. I'll be very interested to see how it fits in to the grand scheme of the Sanctuary mythology as the season wraps up.

The shipper in me very much enjoyed the John/James and Helen/James moments. Re: Helen/James? At AT5 when someone asked AT whether Helen and Nikola ever got together, at first she said, 'no!' pretty quickly, but then backpedaled a bit and said that if it did happen, it would have been briefly after her relationship with Watson petered out after WW2. Between this and Normandy, it basically confirms Helen/James for me.

For the non-shippy stuff:

I thought this episode was beautifully crafted. Excellent script, the direction was beautiful and unintrusive, and the actors did a lovely job. It was wonderful to see the Five together (or mostly).

I was totally sucked into the story, and had a chuckle at the revisionist history. I thought they really played to the strengths of most of the characters so well. And I love nothing better than a good character piece. And if it's also a period piece? Be still my heart.

My quibbles were minor. AT's wig. *sigh* Has this woman ever worn a good wig on screen? Well, the ones in FKAK were quite nice. I guess they blew their wig budget on the prior episode? Using Robin as Will's grandfather was questionable at best IMO. It really broke through the 4th wall for me and bumped me right out of the story. And his accent kind of irked me. It was a weird combination of Brooklyn/Chicago/Gen Canadian, and made me feel 'oh here is an actor playing a part' rather than, as with the others, forgetting that they were actors playing a part.

Like I said, minor quibbles. Overall, I thought it was just beautifully done and am excited to see how the next episode makes it fit into the overall arc.
                          Spoiler:
                          I believe this is a "stand alone" episode because they really didn't use anything but that machine to put it into the "story line".

With that said, I agree, really really reeaally nicely done. I also was drawn into the story and none of the accents bothered me at all....(I'm not such a purist)...and yes, they need to pay a little more for the wigs even if they won't be used again. Not a good place to be really tight on the budget. (And yes - they probably got that habit from SG1 - AT wore a few really bad wigs!). The fact is, even if they do a mediocre job it is still so far above most of the crap you see on TV! And this episode was VERY WELL DONE! Personally, I really loved it. And for those who heard Amanda's french accent - they say she did an excellent job. Well, what did you expect. AT doen't do things half way. She makes sure she does it properly!
                          sigpic

Comment

Darnit! You went and said the magic word again............

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg122/jumble65/MW%20pics/Martin-sanctuary-beard-edit.jpg[/IMG]
                            "Poor Jumble! She's going to run out of pics at this rate.........."
                            HA! That's not likely.

*giggle* Dare I say it again? Martin.....
                            Not that I want you to fight with PB but geez, why not keep us in yumminess.

Nad - thank you for the Amandapicspam (I said it again. Can we have more please?)
                            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                              I believe this is a "stand alone" episode because they really didn't use anything but that machine to put it into the "story line".

With that said, I agree, really really reeaally nicely done. I also was drawn into the story and none of the accents bothered me at all....(I'm not such a purist)...and yes, they need to pay a little more for the wigs even if they won't be used again. Not a good place to be really tight on the budget. (And yes - they probably got that habit from SG1 - AT wore a few really bad wigs!). The fact is, even if they do a mediocre job it is still so far above most of the crap you see on TV! And this episode was VERY WELL DONE! Personally, I really loved it. And for those who heard Amanda's french accent - they say she did an excellent job. Well, what did you expect. AT doen't do things half way. She makes sure she does it properly!
                              I'm not sure it was a standalone - the next ep is called Carentan, I believe
                              Last edited by Jumble; 26 May 2011, 01:16 PM. Reason: Dammit! Don't quote me until I've fixed my typos! :(

Comment

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
                                HA! That's not likely.
                                Shhh! He doesn't know I have nearly 8,000 pics

*giggle* Dare I say it again? Martin.....
                                Not that I want you to fight with PB but geez, why not keep us in yumminess.
                                If PB wasn't being such a PITA, I'd be happy to Martinpicspa...... er, keep posting all night

Nad - thank you for the Amandapicspam (I said it again. Can we have more please?)
                                Yes, come on Nad, don't leave all the picspamming to me

Comment

Working...
                                X