No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*not clicking spoiler buttons for fear of Castle spoilers being mixed in with the Sanctuary spoilers*

I would love to join in the discussion about Awakening, but some spoilers aren't well marked and I haven't seen Castle yet and do not want to be spoiled!

But Awakening was brilliant! I felt like my Sanctuary was back!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
      Yes you do! And maybe it'll help you feel better!
      *huggles*
      *hugs* Well, I think I'm two episodes behind... and I saw on twitter that the one before last wasn't so good.... hmmm.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      I think I must just have been quietly evil so they didn't realise Mind you, if you'd seen some of my school reports

Indeed it is I know, before we know it she'll be all grown up and off to school - then I'll lose her
      *hugs* That's some time away though!

What she ^^ said Wendy *hugs*
      *hugs* Thanks.
      sigpic
      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

What they said.
        I fell in Animus. That's what earned me my Multi-Shipper title from Nad!
        Heh
        Multi shipping is an asset. I read your comments on the Helen/Niko thread and it's good to have someone balance things out a little so every now and then.

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
        No, it doesn't happen everyday, that's true. I feel like I'm preparing myself for being told off...

*hugs*
        Well... you might , You never know, but really... There's only so much you can do in a situation like that.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post

Oh lord! The hair again

Hey...

The Hair is serious stuff, you know.
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
          EDIT: Don't feel bad Josie. Nad and I have been living in that dark side for quite awhile now so you are not alone.

But, but, I was all about the Helen/John angst And now I'm so torn
          I've never been a multi-shipper before. Heh.
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
            *hugs* Well, I think I'm two episodes behind... and I saw on twitter that the one before last wasn't so good.... hmmm.
            You can always skip to Awakening and watch Wingman later... just saying.

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
            Heh
            Multi shipping is an asset. I read your comments on the Helen/Niko thread and it's good to have someone balance things out a little so every now and then.
            Thank you. I try my best.

The Hair is serious stuff, you know.

Originally posted by josiane View Post

It's always time to start.
            sigpic
            Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
            My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
            Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Awakening (opinion, not plot )

Spoiler:
              Dear Sanctuary,

I love you.
              You have revived (or 'awakened' heh!) my Mojo and made me squee and shimmy. It was a hand as well as a foot shimmy, BTW.
              Thank you for the Tesla. Thank you for the silly happy dance I did. And most of all... Thank you for The Hair.

Love, hugs and kisses,
              Nad

*blinks*

Sanctuary still has it!
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Now, now... Remember the Shippy Hippy Way.
                Angst needs Fluff needs Gutter needs balance. No one ever said one *must* stick with one ship for all that. Widen that horizon!

(That's how I always justify SamShep anyway... )

Thank you. I try my best.
                Good.

sigpic

Comment

Yes....so glad that our Sanctuary has gotten back on track. I realize that reused portions of another show help to cut costs which made Wingman acceptable. But the two date night shows in a row. And to be honest, I'm not sure Will can handle a show by himself, especially with a sidekick that is so "cheerful"!!!??? Keep him with the rest of the cast and he does really well. But his "acting" personality doesn't hold the show. Maybe if he had a different character, but then it wouldn't be "Will" now would it?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                    In re of the spoilers. I don't blame Amanda. I think she did the best with what she had which wasn't much. I don't think she could have saved that episode unless she rewrote the entire thing!

In re of last few episodes (not including Awakening of course!)
                    Spoiler:
                    In trying to push Will into the spotlight they have completely lost track of what his strengths are and I believe that we all agree "ladies man" isn't one of them. Will is at his best when he is 'figuring things out". Things that are related to his expertise which is why in One Night he came across as so infective.

That episode showcased his weaknesses instead of his strengths. Poor writing. When Will is acting as a psychologist or using his FBI skills to look at a crime scene etc.. or when he is keeping Magnus in check when she gets a little too full of herself, he is at his best.

Bingo! I totally agree with all of this.

I don’t usually weigh in with my opinion but…

Spoiler:

I not a Will fan either. Those last few episodes didn’t help. I did like the perspective of Metamorphosis though. Since the storyline's not a new one it was refreshing and much more interesting to watch the other's reactions and than seeing his transformation.

I also think the extra episodes combined with the addition of all of the extra producers is hurting Sanctuary this season. The show feels different. It seems there’s more of an emphasis on entertainment rather than sci-fi. There’s been more fluff, out of character and over the top stuff too. I miss storylines about the abnormals which is a core attraction of the show for me. Without them there’s little reason for the Sanctuary itself or reasons for us to love these characters who protect it.

Awakening brought back the old feel of the show for me. JY is absolutely perfect as Tesla and I’m becoming a big fan of the actor and the character. If the producers wanted a focus on entertainment then the chemistry between Tesla and Helen certainly provided that and the story was definitely more in keeping with the sci-fi/fantasy premise of the show. I'm not sure I believe how they escaped in the end but I'll go along with it for now.

That’s my 2 cents.

And of course by the time I delurk to post any comment at all you've all gone and written a few more pages of posts. That's ok since I've forgotten whatever else I wanted to say anyhow.

Regarding Castle
                    Just and next season can't come fast enough.
                    sigpic

Comment

it seems that eveyone watched Awakening

Spoiler:
                      I really like the ep! Helen rocks!!!!!!!
                      and...yes, a huge explosion...and they are perfectly fin! wtf?

and a different spolier for Castle

Spoiler:
                      of course I liked the "I love you", but the true love declaration IMO is the scene into the hangar and then when he kept her safe near the car.......4 months without Castle...I can't survive! *looks aroun for fics*
                      sigpic
                      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                        Yes....so glad that our Sanctuary has gotten back on track. I realize that reused portions of another show help to cut costs which made Wingman acceptable. But the two date night shows in a row. And to be honest, I'm not sure Will can handle a show by himself, especially with a sidekick that is so "cheerful"!!!??? Keep him with the rest of the cast and he does really well. But his "acting" personality doesn't hold the show. Maybe if he had a different character, but then it wouldn't be "Will" now would it?
                        I'm a bit puzzled as to what they want Will to be. He's a bit... Well... all over the place?
                        And IMHO, not in an interesting way. I think that it might not be that he's very horrible, but more that the other characters are very, very good. You have a Magnus, a Tesla, a Druitt who are powerhouses. Then there's Biggie who is interesting in that he's Bigfoot who is a butler with human humour. You have Kate and Henry who both have very clear cut jobs, are good at them and make entertaining personalities and then there's Will. Who is supposed to be critical and sort of in charge, but who just fades away against some very strong, out there characters. I have enjoyed seeing Will, but that's when he was just that person. The one who *knew* was just a wee fish in the pond and was in awe of that. I'm all for character development, but you know...

The grown ups are just that much cooler.

sigpic

Comment

good gravy! I get distracted for a little (work must be done you know ) and you all post pages. I'm with Estrela. How can I keep up?

Besides, you all are talking about Sanctuary and Castle (I was too, I admit it) but we really should not lose sight of the really important topics here...
                          Spoiler:
                          The chick from Stargate and the Hedgehog have really awesome hair!

*runz*

EDIT: *Waves to seven guests*
                          sigpic

Comment

Nad, that is an excellent point. I think you've hit the nail right on the head
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Nad, that is an excellent point. I think you've hit the nail right on the head
                              *nods*

She does that you know

"Out of the mouths of babes and innocents......"

Comment

Eleven guests now!

Jumble did you just call Nad innocent?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X