The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by llp View Post
    Buckskin shirts are out....Going native around here means wearing just your personality! So, probably not a necessity!
    Just my personality?? Hm. Well I'm told I have a big one, so hopefully it'll be enough

And all red wines have been removed from the refrig and set on their sides awaiting further instructions.....
    Good, good..... further instructions will be something along the lines of 'Open one, pour...... open another one....'

And no special instructions for the shower other than to turn it on....oh there is a special instruction....you need to pull up on the spindle if you want it to come out of the top, otherwise it is a bath! Easy to do!
    Sounds simple enough...... even after lots of wine and cupcakes

Also, don't kick any of the cats....definately not allowed. And I told them they can't get into the bed when you're in it.
    I wood never kick your cats! I may not 'love' them, but I woodn't harm them! And no, I'm not keen on sharing my bed..... well not with a cat anyway

As for specialties....wasn't thinking of chocolate....we are noted for "coffee", "seafood" (especially Salmon and crustaceans - shrimp, scallops, etc), wine, good restaurants, cupcakes, lots of reading, causing "mischief" - which you are already well prepared for! And a lot of other things I can't think of like the Space Needle, Pike's Market, etc. But I don't think chocolate. Got good ice cream here - goes well with cupcakes!
    Yum! Although I might reserve judgement on the coffee - if Starbucks is anything to go by

I promise I won't starve you (we can walk across the street to eat!), will drive you all over the place (and possibly nuttier than you already are ), and wear you out but only to a reasonable point! All other things are extra and you will have to look at the "specialty" menu once you arrive! Hmmmm! Maybe I should have picked a better icon!
    I survived more than a week with you here without becoming any nuttier, so I'm confident I'll return home my usual sane self...... well, as sane as I am now

The Speciality Menu sounds interesting......... exactly what have you got up your sleeve?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      Just my personality?? Hm. Well I'm told I have a big one, so hopefully it'll be enough

Good, good..... further instructions will be something along the lines of 'Open one, pour...... open another one....'

Sounds simple enough...... even after lots of wine and cupcakes

I wood never kick your cats! I may not 'love' them, but I woodn't harm them! And no, I'm not keen on sharing my bed..... well not with a cat anyway

Yum! Although I might reserve judgement on the coffee - if Starbucks is anything to go by

I survived more than a week with you here without becoming any nuttier, so I'm confident I'll return home my usual sane self...... well, as sane as I am now

The Speciality Menu sounds interesting......... exactly what have you got up your sleeve?
      Sorry -all specialty menus are set by the house....and what happens here - STAYS HERE!
      sigpic

Comment

OMG - Wine preferences....I like mine to be in a bottle with a cork!

However, I need to run over to Costco next week and I will look for Australian Shiraz or Merlot and your French wine Celier de Dauphins. However, usually American wines are cheapest in the states. But we do have Merlots (which I don't have on hand) but I will get them and there is also a "3 grape" wine that is suppose to be good. I am sure we will find something to soothe your palate or go through a lot of bottles until we do!
        Don't worry, I'm sure I'll like whatever you've got as long as it's not that aweful Sanctuary red . I also like Californian rose (chilled )

But let's not worry about the wine, we can always go and get some more if we run out I'm really much more interested in being with you and seeing the sights of Seattle (and Vancouver Island of course!) and in trying out those seafood restaurants

Comment

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll like whatever you've got as long as it's not that aweful Sanctuary red . I also like Californian rose (chilled )

But let's not worry about the wine, we can always go and get some more if we run out I'm really much more interest in being with you and seeing the sights of Seattle (and Vancouver Island of course!) and in trying out those seafood restaurants
          Trust me Jumble....I have a strong belief that whatever happens was either by "causality" or "what is meant to happen - will happen." So, other than booking hotel room and local transportation needs....nothing else is arranged. I am only looking for things that might catch your interest. We could go to Vancouver and knock on someone's (studio) door to say "hello" but the might be a little "too spontaneous" for certain people. I am only a "host" in name only....other than that I want to be a full fledged participant!

(Oh and as much as I loved the bottle that the Sanctuary wine came in - you saw me warn Amanda - so why would I want to drink it or serve it to anyone.....we tossed it out it was so bad!) - the wine not the bottle!
          sigpic

Comment

I've never had American chocolate, can't wait to try it. And the cupcakes...... lots of wine sounds good Er....... you did remember not to put the red in the fridge didn't you?
            You'll be running back to European chocolate believe me I miss the nice and belgium/dutch chocolate we have in here

Only two more weeks! *happy sigh*

So funny to see that I can't wait to go back to Europe and Jumble can't wait to go to the US.
            sigpic

Comment

Trust me Jumble....I have a strong belief that whatever happens was either by "causality" or "what is meant to happen - will happen." So, other than booking hotel room and local transportation needs....nothing else is arranged. I am only looking for things that might catch your interest. We could go to Vancouver and knock on someone's (studio) door to say "hello" but the might be a little "too spontaneous" for certain people. I am only a "host" in name only....other than that I want to be a full fledged participant!
              Oh I don't think knocking on Martin's door wood be a good idea. Much as I wood love to see him, I don't think an unannounced visit wood be very polite

(Oh and as much as I loved the bottle that the Sanctuary wine came in - you saw me warn Amanda - so why would I want to drink it or serve it to anyone.....we tossed it out it was so bad!) - the wine not the bottle!

I'm a bit peeved with Sangsbugs atm - the NZ Sanctuary white was really nice, but they haven't had any in since

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                You'll be running back to European chocolate believe me I miss the nice and belgium/dutch chocolate we have in here
                American chocolate is that bad? I feel I should try it, but I'm quite happy to be chocolate free for a week if necessary

Only two more weeks! *happy sigh*

So funny to see that I can't wait to go back to Europe and Jumble can't wait to go to the US.
                Ah, but I've never been to the US so it's really exciting for me Whereas you've been away from your home and family for a long time so it's understandable that you're keen to get back to them

Comment

The American chocolate I tried tasted like Sainsbury's Basics Chocolate... which I actually like.
                  sigpic
                  Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                    The American chocolate I tried tasted like Sainsbury's Basics Chocolate... which I actually like.
                    I've never tried Sansbugs' basics...... is it like cooking chocolate? Because I do like that

Comment

American chocolate is that bad? I feel I should try it, but I'm quite happy to be chocolate free for a week if necessary
                      No, American chocolate is just different! Like anything else in the world...it is what you are use to eating. I happen to like a variety called Sees Chocolates (a West coast variety which AT and MW were quite familiar with) and Ghiradelli chocolates (from San Francisco). Both are very tasty and full of delicious calories. I believe European chocolates uses a different cocoa bean or something.

Jumble, it's like the different varieties of salmon fish. I believe you thought the ones from Scotland were a pale pink compared to the redish colored ones here (and you preferred the taste of the Canadian ones - which are the same ones as here!) However, back to important things like wines.....

I'll have to look around for the Austrailian ones.....or once you are here we can hit a grocery store and select. I rarely drink wine unless I am under the influences of the Woohoos - specifically Jumble and Sara!
                      sigpic

Comment

American chocolate is definitely not a patch on the European stuff

Reading all this conversation is getting me so excited for you both though! You're going to have so much fun

As for me, I'm scratching my head and getting confused trying to work out a viable itinerary for my library visiting trip in September Too many options!
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I've never tried Sansbugs' basics...... is it like cooking chocolate? Because I do like that
                          A little bit, yes. Try the American chocolate for sure. It is actually good. True, it doesn't taste like Cadbury's or Belgian... but it's not supposed to. I like it anyway
                          sigpic
                          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Now onto important matters. I noticed you are arriving around 4:30 in the evening on Saturday. Now, your hours will be flakey (but I believe going West is easier then heading East). However since it is your first day here and you will have been sitting on a plane for 10 hours, you might not want to hop onto some wild adventure until the next day....so

How about that first afternoon/evening (since we won't get to the house until around 6pm)we stay around the house, chat, drink wine, eat snack foods (I can have a spitfired chicken and some salads to eat) and take it easy. Or we can walk to the "pub" which is about 2 blocks away, or go to Bennett's which is an elevator ride and a few steps away. Although Bennett's is a "wine" bar they do have food. Maybe even a drive around the Island before I take you home. Just a relaxing evening to get you "prepared" for the rest of the time!

Then..... we can do whatever we want for the rest of the trip! (A WOOHOO - BE PREPARED/OR BE AWARE NOTICE!)
                            sigpic

Comment

No, American chocolate is just different! Like anything else in the world...it is what you are use to eating. I happen to like a variety called Sees Chocolates (a West coast variety which AT and MW were quite familiar with) and Ghiradelli chocolates (from San Francisco). Both are very tasty and full of delicious calories. I believe European chocolates uses a different cocoa bean or something.
                              Was that the ones you gave them on the set tour? The ones Martin kept pushing away so he woodn't eat them all?

I'll try everything American especially if you can find me a tall, dark, bearded one with green eyes Won't be as good as Canadian, but I'll make do

Jumble, it's like the different varieties of salmon fish. I believe you thought the ones from Scotland were a pale pink compared to the redish colored ones here (and you preferred the taste of the Canadian ones - which are the same ones as here!) However, back to important things like wines.....
                              Oh yes, I definitely preferred the Canadian one! So much more flavour than I'm used to

Er........ I'm talking about the salmon, ok?

I'll have to look around for the Austrailian ones.....or once you are here we can hit a grocery store and select. I rarely drink wine unless I am under the influences of the Woohoos - specifically Jumble and Sara!
                              Yeah yeah, we've heard that one so many times and nobody believes it

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                              American chocolate is definitely not a patch on the European stuff

Reading all this conversation is getting me so excited for you both though! You're going to have so much fun
                              We are! *bounces*

As for me, I'm scratching my head and getting confused trying to work out a viable itinerary for my library visiting trip in September Too many options!
                              Horses for courses I know, but I really couldn't get excited about visiting libraries

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                              A little bit, yes. Try the American chocolate for sure. It is actually good. True, it doesn't taste like Cadbury's or Belgian... but it's not supposed to. I like it anyway
                              Yep, I'll try it for sure!

Comment

Finally I managed to login into the forum! GW was down for me all day!
                                sigpic
                                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X